superjew

Kent Bazemore 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Short term Baze will be good until Prince comes back, but the Hawks have already prioritized the development of Huerter over him. If you don’t need help now I’d rather scoop up someone like Danny Green.

H'es back!

Bazed god giveth.  

He will end up top 75 at the end of the year.  Don't let a bad game here and there shake your faith.  Currently rank 70 in 9 cat (BBM).  If you drop, you'll regret it.

2 hours ago, TonyRomo said:

Short term Baze will be good until Prince comes back, but the Hawks have already prioritized the development of Huerter over him. If you don’t need help now I’d rather scoop up someone like Danny Green.

Baze was good even before Prince went down.  Over the past 30 days with a reduction in minutes, Baze was a top 75 player and still out-producing Green even before Prince went down.  Prince out of the picture the next few weeks vaults Baze from top 75 value to top 30 value.

6 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Ill probably try to trade him in a 2 for 1 after a week or two of hopefully good games.

He is a hold because owners will think you are trying to sell high with Prince out of the picture.  You wouldn't know it with all the whining on this thread, but he was still putting up top 75 value even with Prince healthy and his minutes in the mid-twenties.

28 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

He is a hold because owners will think you are trying to sell high with Prince out of the picture.  You wouldn't know it with all the whining on this thread, but he was still putting up top 75 value even with Prince healthy and his minutes in the mid-twenties.

I love how people think everyone is oblivious to what's going on. Like owners won't do their due diligence on a trade.

If I bring a deal to an owner in my league he will sniff out every possible angle, turn over every stone, etc.

Back to Baze -- He could be traded this year, so he might even be a "buy low". No one knows anything. At the end of the day, however, what is a given is that Baze is a nice little asset, even coming off the bench.

• Like 1

I want to take a chance on this guy and he's on my wire.. my end of the bench guys are pretty good though, not sure what to do

4 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

I play in a weekly league and hes not even close to sniffing my lineup (except for next week, I have 4 injured guards 😮). Hes just not valuable to me in my league settings so if I can get anything out of a trade Ill do it.

1 minute ago, stay_woke said:

I play in a weekly league and hes not even close to sniffing my lineup (except for next week, I have 4 injured guards 😮). Hes just not valuable to me in my league settings so if I can get anything out of a trade Ill do it.

What settings do you play with where 1.5/1.5/1 isn't useful?  8 team league?

• Like 1

Just now, superjew said:

10 team points league, weekly lineup where you play 9 players for the week. My team is kinda stacked so he's really just a last resort player for me.

2 minutes ago, superjew said:

I haven’t played Points leagues for about 10 years but there are points leagues where the league settings devalue stocks.

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I haven’t played Points leagues for about 10 years but there are points leagues where the league settings devalue stocks.

Theyre 2.5 in my league (I think the yahoo default is 3 so not a big difference) and he is still ranked 103 in per game average and 85 in total points. Obviously far from useless but if you have 10 better players or more he wont really crack your lineup unless for injuries or if he has a 5 game week or something.

I can just imagine what his lines would be consistently if he was on a contending team.  An absolute beast of a wing!  I really hope he gets traded by the time Prince comes back.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, gill2k said:

I can just imagine what his lines would be consistently if he was on a contending team.  An absolute beast of a wing!  I really hope he gets traded by the time Prince comes back.

What team would be a good fit for baze? I can see Houston going for him since they missed out on Ariza, but he'll come off the bench which is what we don't want.  Getting traded however may be a long shot since he has a team option that he'll pick up next year at 19m.

7 hours ago, triple_threat said:

What team would be a good fit for baze? I can see Houston going for him since they missed out on Ariza, but he'll come off the bench which is what we don't want.  Getting traded however may be a long shot since he has a team option that he'll pick up next year at 19m.

Although I'm gonna nit pick here I agree with you. 

You said team option but it's player option. So yes. In all likelihood he will accept. 

Houstonian here and I can tell you that many of us that follow the team want him here. He wouldn't come off bench though. He'd simply be a younger 2017-2018 Trevor Ariza. 

Problem is the Rockets were forced to pay CPbum a ton of cash and because of it weren't willing to pay ariza. 

Many of us believe Landrys owner is cheap and a 2 year $40 M contract isn't a cheap pill to swallow for a role player if you don't believe WCF is the MINIMUM of where you're going. 

As a rockets fan I'd love him here. As a BazeG owner I think it'd be a lateral transition. As a realist, I don't see him moving anywhere to a Baze owner benefit however. 

Edited by Dreams And Dwightmares
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Although I'm gonna nit pick here I agree with you. 

You said team option but it's player option. So yes. In all likelihood he will accept. 

Houstonian here and I can tell you that many of us that follow the team want him here. He wouldn't come off bench though. He'd simply be a younger 2017-2018 Trevor Ariza. 

Problem is the Rockets were forced to pay CPbum a ton of cash and because of it weren't willing to pay ariza. 

Many of us believe Landrys owner is cheap and a 2 year $40 M contract isn't a cheap pill to swallow for a role player if you don't believe WCF is the MINIMUM of where you're going. 

As a rockets fan I'd love him here. As a BazeG owner I think it'd be a lateral transition. As a realist, I don't see him moving anywhere to a Baze owner benefit however. 

My fault. I  meant to say "Player" option. If he can become a starter that's even better. If the rockets are serious about competing and Morey regretting the  penny pinch save money approach, he should go all in for Bazemore. Houston's window is RIGHT NOW. Fork up a first rd pick and Atlanta will bite. I'd hate to see him rot on the bench this year if nothing happens with Atlanta. And to all the Bazemore fantasy owners lets hope 2019 brings us this joy. Happy Holidays to all.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Did he get hurt? My Yahoo alert just went off and said he is now a GTD.

yes,won't return tonight

• Thanks 1