Maxemann

PJ Tucker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

it seems like managment really value him if they wont give him away for frigging Jimmy Butler. Steady role, PT about 30 mins, classic 3&D guy and he doesnt hurt anywhere. 

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this will be a trend for Tucker now that Ariza is gone.  Coach trusts him as you can see by the plethora of minutes.  There's a part of me who thinks I should drop Lamb for Tucker.  Since I live in Canada, I'll smoke a join and think about it!

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, phatjonny2001 said:

I'm wondering if this will be a trend for Tucker now that Ariza is gone.  Coach trusts him as you can see by the plethora of minutes.  There's a part of me who thinks I should drop Lamb for Tucker.  Since I live in Canada, I'll smoke a join and think about it!

So I smoaked and picked up Tucker. I am enamored by all these minutes at multiple positions and now that Ariza is gone, I'm IN! He could be one of those waiver wire gems this year and a definite asset in your util spot.  Coach trusts primarily for his defense but his ability to spread the floor with the 3 point shot is a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Given mins Lebron stopper(it’s a joke) can probably avg a good 2threes/12pts/8reb/2st and if he gets that C position, his value will skyrocket

Edited by FreeJordanBell
  • Like 1

Just quietly he looks like one of the best possibilities for value off the wire right now, but people are leaping at shock value guys after one game. Tucker looks like a lock for 33+ mins per game and he is just going to jack threes, which means he should be at 2 per game (having only 1 triple per game was what limited his value previously), add to that 1.5 steals 6 rbs and maybe 2-3 dimes on good %s and low TOs, he may be even more efficient Ariza. They absolutely need his defense out there when the alternatives are Gordon, Ennis and Melo. Perfect glue guy

• Like 2

I swooped him up in 10/12 leagues in 9 cats,I’m the type of player that take risk and willing to gamble with my bench.Here’s the guys I dropped for him:

Lamb

Josh Jackson

jaylen brown

knox

He should soon be eligible for Sf/PF/C. Solid glue guy and possibly one of the best waive wire of the year if he can stay healthy , rockets need his defense and his ability to spread the floor and shoot.

Just added.  Pt is king to me and Tucker should play at least 28 min per on this squad. Maybe he can provide what Ariza did all those years with better percentage?? Do we really think he will get  C eligability?? I thought Tucker has to actually start games there to earn that tag.  

Also I think y'all getting hyped up over nothing. He used to play 30+ min in PHX, and played 28 mpg last year at Houston, with very little value. 

It's worth taking a flyer on him, but it's absolutely not worth dropping decent players. Best case scenario he plays 32 min and maybe gets close to 10ppg, just maybe.. He's an awesome player in real life, but garbage contributor for fantasy

Edited by battaginlemon

Yeah I agree with the latest two comments. He's never averaged more than 10ppg and is 33 years old now. I think he's already reached his ceiling as an nba player

11 minutes ago, battaginlemon said:

Also I think y'all getting hyped up over nothing. He used to play 30+ min in PHX, and played 28 mpg last year at Houston, with very little value. 

It's worth taking a flyer on him, but it's absolutely not worth dropping decent players. Best case scenario he plays 32 min and maybe gets close to 10ppg, just maybe.. He's an awesome player in real life, but garbage contributor for fantasy

8 minutes ago, Kobewankenobi said:

Yeah I agree with the latest two comments. He's never averaged more than 10ppg and is 33 years old now. I think he's already reached his ceiling as an nba player

I think you guys are missing something key here. HOUSTON SHOOTS THREES!!!
Preseaon he was jacking 8 per game, 7 in his first game of the year. If he hits 1/3 of those (which is a very low estimate especially considering how open he'll be) then that is 2-2.5 threes per game. For the Suns he was getting 30mpg (he is a lock for 33+ at Houston - they won't even trade him for Butler) and he was only ever taking 2.5 per game. Going from 1 to 2-2.5 triples with 1.5 steals, 5-6 boards, 2 dimes, 10-11ppg and 1 TO is fantasy gold. He was even solid value (especially for effective stretches) in phoenix because he never hurts you anywhere. Ariza is gone they need someone to fill his role and Tucker looks like he has a lock on that role and those mins (maybe even more than Ariza got). You're probably right on the efficiency, but he doesn't take enough shots for it to hurt much, just like Ariza who has been a metrics darling for years in this role

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

I think you guys are missing something key here. HOUSTON SHOOTS THREES!!!
Preseaon he was jacking 8 per game, 7 in his first game of the year. If he hits 1/3 of those (which is a very low estimate especially considering how open he'll be) then that is 2-2.5 threes per game. For the Suns he was getting 30mpg (he is a lock for 33+ at Houston - they won't even trade him for Butler) and he was only ever taking 2.5 per game. Going from 1 to 2-2.5 triples with 1.5 steals, 5-6 boards, 2 dimes, 10-11ppg and 1 TO is fantasy gold. He was even solid value (especially for effective stretches) in phoenix because he never hurts you anywhere. Ariza is gone they need someone to fill his role and Tucker looks like he has a lock on that role and those mins (maybe even more than Ariza got). You're probably right on the efficiency, but he doesn't take enough shots for it to hurt much, just like Ariza who has been a metrics darling for years in this role

I couldn't agree more. Even Houston needs defense and he is their best wing defender

16 minutes ago, Toronto416 said:

You have to start at C to get the eligibility ?

Don't think so. 

Draymond would always get it eventually and he'd rarely start the game at C

Hey everyone, please vote here for PJ Tucker to get C eligibility:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/31912246-pj-tucker-c-eligibility

Last year in the Larry Nance thread, we were able to get him C eligibility thanks to several people voting. Let's get it done again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2018 at 1:53 AM, Jake the snake said:

but people are leaping at shock value guys after one game.

Oh you mean guys like PJ tucker?

6 pts / 9 boards / 3 assists / 2 three's / 2/6 fg / 1 TO

missed a few open looks could have easily been 9 and 9 with 3 threes, not a bad start...see how he plays tomorrow vs the clips, if it's good he may be worth holding for the upcoming 2 game week the rockets have...maybe. He is only a SF on ESPN, ridiculous, if he gets PF or C it would up his value there.

On 10/18/2018 at 11:40 PM, GriffeySwag said:

Hey everyone, please vote here for PJ Tucker to get C eligibility:

https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/206157-fantasy-basketball/suggestions/31912246-pj-tucker-c-eligibility

Last year in the Larry Nance thread, we were able to get him C eligibility thanks to several people voting. Let's get it done again.

Isn't there a minutes requirement at the position and or starts at the position?

59 minutes ago, dcballer0921 said:

6 pts / 9 boards / 3 assists / 2 three's / 2/6 fg / 1 TO

missed a few open looks could have easily been 9 and 9 with 3 threes, not a bad start...see how he plays tomorrow vs the clips, if it's good he may be worth holding for the upcoming 2 game week the rockets have...maybe. He is only a SF on ESPN, ridiculous, if he gets PF or C it would up his value there.

He’ll get PF eventually, sadly itll take a while.