Maxemann

PJ Tucker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

the ceiling is  not great either. I dropped him today in a 16 team league. I can find other guys with better upside that already outproduce tucker, so.....bb.

No threes

No steals

No reason to hold

• Confused 1

It's been surprisingly quiet here since the Capela injury, the one game which wasn't a blowout he got 41 minutes while playing center over guys like hartenstein and Chriss. Ended up with a great 20 & 10 line with some 3s and stocks on top.

He won't have lines like that every day but for someone who's already 103 overall in 9-cat on the year even a slight boost in usage could make him a must-own player.

Or am I being too optimistic here?

i use him for steals mostly but his fg% blows and since I also have Darren Collision, i'm probably gonna drop PJ at the end of this week. 

I love me some PJ in my 14-team league. Him and Aminu are such solid low-key contributors in 3s, Boards, Steals...as long as I don't expect them to carry my team, their contributions always feel like a bonus.

• Like 1

I want to drop him so bad for these hot pickups but his my teams leader in steals for awhile now. If he can just score a little more.

11 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

I want to drop him so bad for these hot pickups but his my teams leader in steals for awhile now. If he can just score a little more.

I know how you feel.  I wanted to drop him 2 months ago and somehow he is still on my team. Frustrating, but valuable. He won me steals several times.

Right now I am contemplating  dropping him for Ellington.

14 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I know how you feel.  I wanted to drop him 2 months ago and somehow he is still on my team. Frustrating, but valuable. He won me steals several times.

Right now I am contemplating  dropping him for Ellington.

I thought it was just me smart and pj get about 10-20 steals for me and so tempted to drop both and pick up huerter and powell

1 hour ago, jamaal99 said:

I thought it was just me smart and pj get about 10-20 steals for me and so tempted to drop both and pick up huerter and powell

I would keep Smart and drop pj first if anything. Smart gets some asts and seems to be a bit more consistent with scoring and making some 3s while not hurting you in ft.

1 minute ago, Dirtdiver said:

are we believing in him now after the last couple games?

I wouldn't expect a lot of high scoring showings like last night, but as far as I can remember Tucker's been a great post-all star break player. I've had him all season along with Eric Gordon next to Harden and it's been working out quite nicely, especially last night.

Can always count on him for at least one 3 a game, decent rebounds, and stocks. Good hold for any deep leagues and that great playoff schedule, too.