Sign in to follow this  
Dylanfan66

Who to draft and avoid due to playoffs schedule?

Amongst the big names let's say top twenty.  Have not been able to find anything with the ESPN.  Playoffs would start week 22.

Last year I had great team that lost in the finals due to an awful schedule. That was my fault for drafting players with that schedule. 

Not making the same mistake again this year. 

Denver/Sacramento both have 4-4-4 for the playoffs. The warriors have 5-3-4, but there is no chance you get 5 games in a week from Warriors players that close to the playoffs. 

Teams  to avoid, if possible:

Bulls and Pelicans have 3-3-3. 

Nets have 2-3-4

• Like 1

This seems like a bad idea. Draft the best players possible for your team so you are in playoff contention at least, then maybe around ASB make some trades for guys with more favorable playoff schedules, if you must.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jazzbear said:

This seems like a bad idea. Draft the best players possible for your team so you are in playoff contention at least, then maybe around ASB make some trades for guys with more favorable playoff schedules, if you must.

My thoughts exactly. 

I was in the same position last year had a good team lost in finals for having few

players play that week.I’m new to this how do we find out which team plays more when the playoffs start?Thank you im advance

The only time to consider playoff schedule IMO is when you are choosing between two guys that are extremely close in terms of talent/value in fantasy.  I could understand if someone say picked Paul George over Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving over Chris Paul because of their playoff schedules.  However, if you are passing on a legitimate talent for someone clearly inferior because it's such a great playoff schedule vs a poor playoff schedule, THAT is how you lose your league.

Keep in mind you actually have to make the playoffs to worry about playoff scheduling with your players, so don't do something dumb in terms of who you pick just because of playoff scheduling.

• Like 1

As Jmoney23 said better to focus on value picks at the early rounds, but later there are some possible difference makers:

Buddy/Jingles/Love/Alexander/Bogdanovic/Drummond,   these players are undervalued +have great playoff schedule also! :wub:

5 hours ago, Zsocca said:

As Jmoney23 said better to focus on value picks at the early rounds, but later there are some possible difference makers:

Buddy/Jingles/Love/Alexander/Bogdanovic/Drummond,   these players are undervalued +have great playoff schedule also! :wub:

Not sure you can lump Drummond in that group considering he's a late 1st/early 2nd in most leagues. 

But yea I don't put too much stock into that. You gotta actually get to the playoffs first. And to get there, you need the best players available. And hell, the last time I drafted based on that, all my top guys got a rest game in the 1st round, so in the end they only have me 3 games anyway

On 10/12/2018 at 11:05 AM, jazzbear said:

This is the way to go.

Seems like the leagues I'm in start in week 21.  It really does bring into the equation of who to draft tho.  In two weeks do you want 8 games from James Harden or 6 from Anthony Davis?  

I think you have to be mindful and at least try to target a few players who have 4 games as opposed to 3.  The second round bigs Drummond, Gobert, and Capela all have 4/4 weeks 21 and 22.