Jonathanc5

Serge Ibaka 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I know he's not exciting and aging rapidly (maybe from his false reported age) but the man deserves a thread.  What's your take on his 18-19 season?

I got him late in the rounds along with Jonas V.

thanks,

2016-17: 14.2/6.8/ w/ 1.4 blocks and 1.8 3s a game

2017-18: 12.6/6.3 w/  1.3 blocks and 1.4 3s a game

2018-19 prediction: 12/6 w/ 1.2 blocks and 1.5 3s a game  

I also got him late and am not particularly excited about it but I desperately needed a center at the end of my draft. Blocks and 3s are why you target him but he's trended down over the last year in stats and I honestly don't think that's gonna stop I expect a very slight dip with the prediction above.

Tough call, I guess it depends on where you get him. I think JV is going to get more burn with Nurse this season than Casey did. But I also think Siakim will get a nice bump in mins and could be the first big off the bench. But you can't deny the chance to grab some 3s and blocks late 

26 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Tough call, I guess it depends on where you get him. I think JV is going to get more burn with Nurse this season than Casey did. But I also think Siakim will get a nice bump in mins and could be the first big off the bench. But you can't deny the chance to grab some 3s and blocks late 

Yep

Yup agreed with everything. I didn’t go out of my way to draft him, but someone dropped him so I claimed. Decent big for a punt assists team, but like everyone said, I don’t expect too much

IBAKA fits today's small ball center perfectly. Nurse is gonna play matchups tho, the only one safe to start every game is Lowry and Kawhi.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Whilst clearly slowing down, ESPNs ranking of 157 for him is a joke 

He said himself he'll be playing in the paint a lot more so hopefully we see an uptick in Fg

2 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

The blocks should go up too if he is playing more centre. Could be in for a mini bounce back season!

Exactly what I thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Quazza said:

Whilst clearly slowing down, ESPNs ranking of 157 for him is a joke 

He said himself he'll be playing in the paint a lot more so hopefully we see an uptick in Fg

Lol 157, espn is so trash in rankings

• Haha 1

got him on the 7th round cause I desperate needed big guys. secretly wishing he plays well this year but I feel like I will be getting pissed off a lot 

Hes a prime example of relative value. I normally would never take him, but i got him at 126th which is such a low risk. I have no attachment to him whatsoever so if hes trash, hes a cut. That said, hes proven for years he could easily be an 11/7/1/1 guy with great %s and low TO. That's most likely a good last/2nd to last bench guy.

Had you drafted him under 100, I would've said its a bad pick, but if you nab towards the end, its very low risk.

4 minutes ago, Jbeezy said:

Hes a prime example of relative value. I normally would never take him, but i got him at 126th which is such a low risk. I have no attachment to him whatsoever so if hes trash, hes a cut. That said, hes proven for years he could easily be an 11/7/1/1 guy with great %s and low TO. That's most likely a good last/2nd to last bench guy.

Had you drafted him under 100, I would've said its a bad pick, but if you nab towards the end, its very low risk.

you must be playing ESPN,they rank ibaka so low(outside top 150)

Yeah I am. They do a terrible job and mis-rank tons of players. I'm able to take advantage of that.

I still stand by my point, I think hes declining and isnt a great pick. I'll revise it and say 80 or below isnt great.

After 100 its value and post 115 its very good value.

Is it me or is no one talking about Ibaka enough? Looks like a legit time share in Toronto that might work out in his case more. New coach seems to value the defense and tempo more. Great game last night for him. 

5 hours ago, dannyusf said:

Is it me or is no one talking about Ibaka enough? Looks like a legit time share in Toronto that might work out in his case more. New coach seems to value the defense and tempo more. Great game last night for him. 

Well, tonight Dwight is in play so we'll see.

Edited by ssolitare

13 hours ago, dannyusf said:

I agree I think Ibaka just might stop his career statistical downward slide this season.  Even in 27ish minutes off the bench he's doing more than last season (obvious 3 game caveat).  If he can get back to those 2016-17 numbers then he'll become a great value pick for those that drafted him late.

I got him at 144. Pleasantly surprised right now. ESPN does have trash rankings.

Edited by cdrichar

Got him off waivers in a shallow league .. timeshare with Val is hindering his ability.. Val ever goes down, Ibaka could be a top 30 player imo. 

• Haha 1

Ibaka has been a godsend to my squad. Nabbed in the last round and had no idea I would be playing him as much as I do (PF’s are shallow on ESPN). 

Keep it going big fella, I’m liking the resurgence.