Jonathanc5

Serge Ibaka 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Soooo many people wrote him off this year. Seems like Toronto is dedicated to get vintage Ibaka back and I love it. Honestly my Valaciunas+Ibaka play has been pretty nice. 

Meanwhile, ride out Ibaka with the amount of minutes he's getting

yoo anyone watching the game? What's up with the 5 TOs?

Lol end of 3rd, the whole team is positive in the +/- whereas Ibaka is -10 :o

Edited by atlantadynasty

On 25/10/2018 at 11:16 PM, JooCraig said:

I reeeealllyy need ESPN to give this guy Center eligibility 

there you go. he now has PF/C eligibility in ESPN

9 minutes ago, Cozie said:

Trade value won’t get any higher...I’m jus saying

Hmmmmm. But for who?

I’m keepin him for the blocks. He fits well with my squad. Def didn’t expect this start tho

• Like 1

Thank you Nick Nurse!  I know he comes in and out of the starting rotation but Nurse has put him in situations that suits him.  Small ball 5 is working great!

1 hour ago, cdrichar said:

Hmmmmm. But for who?

I’m personally going to send something out for Myles Turner. See what happens. 

Mid round return on a late round draft pick/waiver wire add. Good job fellas, this is how championship teams are built.

Sell high.

Don't be fooled. He'll probably never shoot 21 shots again this season.

6 hours ago, hoopnking24 said:

Ayeee! Swooped him this morning off waivers

how small is your league? 6 teams? doesn't add up 

He looks like his old self, and fits well with the new coach and his system 

57 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

He must play espn league,espn rank ibaka outside top 150

5 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

4 hours ago, kane said:

He must play espn league,espn rank ibaka outside top 150

Mistakes were def made. I think the excuse he gave was the CP suspension forced him to make some moves he didn't want to make. Lost week 1, bad schedule week 3, so he was going for the win week 2. Hard to win in our league starting off 0-3 with no injuries to blame. He ended up swooping Nance so I'm sure that was his fallback plan all along. 

i got him off waivers in a 10-team / 11 players league .. picked him over harrison barnes and couldnt be more happy with my decision.. the downside is that i own nurkic in my other league smh. 

18 hours ago, jiiiggz said:

Sell high.

Don't be fooled. He'll probably never shoot 21 shots again this season.

You're not wrong about the shots, and selling high could be an option depending on what you could get in return, but he seems to have a decent role this season.  Better than last season, so I don't think he'd be a bad target for people who need boards and blocks.  He won't kill you in FT% like some other options there either.

I don't play on any ESPN leagues, so I have no idea what their rankings are, but if indeed the likes of Ibaka are sitting on the wire on ESPN leagues then I wonder which borderline players they are rostering over him.   :wacko:

10 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

You're not wrong about the shots, and selling high could be an option depending on what you could get in return, but he seems to have a decent role this season.  Better than last season, so I don't think he'd be a bad target for people who need boards and blocks.  He won't kill you in FT% like some other options there either.

Problem is I dont think owners would get much back in return, Kawhi also didnt play.

1 minute ago, Ajax said:

I don't play on any ESPN leagues, so I have no idea what their rankings are, but if indeed the likes of Ibaka are sitting on the wire on ESPN leagues then I wonder which borderline players they are rostering over him.   :wacko:

I'm guessing 6 man leagues and dead leagues

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Ajax said:

You'd be amazed at some of the things on ESPN with player ownership.  Granted some of these aren't cornerstone players, but a ton of players have their ownership drop on a daily basis.  Players like Prince and Rondo are owned in under 40% of the leagues.  Makes little sense, but I know in my league the vast majority of the players that should be owned are.

21 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Problem is I dont think owners would get much back in return, Kawhi also didnt play.

True.  I actually just traded for him since I need rebounds, which is why I basically said I thought he's still fine to hold onto since he's giving people at least decent production.  Sure, people can try to sell high, but I never really saw much point.

• Like 2

Great job drafting Ibaka guys, we did it! He was my last pick and he's here to stay. He's getting shots, playing D, so, hey.

I thought about selling high, but he fits my squad so well I have to hold. I believe in the resurgence.