Jonathanc5

Serge Ibaka 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Got a block tonight but not counted on yahoo... Will this be changed ? It was 100% a very obvious block 

4 minutes ago, Asapjoshy said:

Got a block tonight but not counted on yahoo... Will this be changed ? It was 100% a very obvious block 

keep your fingers crossed, some stat keepers are retarded 

2 hours ago, HairyShoes said:

keep your fingers crossed, some stat keepers are retarded 

I have the video on my phone it’s the most blatant obvious block I’ve ever seen in my life lolll crazy 

3 hours ago, Asapjoshy said:

I have the video on my phone it’s the most blatant obvious block I’ve ever seen in my life lolll crazy 

upload it to youtube and post it here

the stat correctors read this forum 

9 hours ago, HairyShoes said:

upload it to youtube and post it here

the stat correctors read this forum 

It’s crazy I went back to the score app and all apps they credited kawahi Leonard with the block.... he’s not even in the play lmao I’ll upload the video to yahoo and link it here... I also emailed Nba stat corrections this is garbage 

Edited by Asapjoshy

Nba.com has responded and said it’s been fixed !!

yahoo should most likely change it today :)

• Like 1

Just traded Gasol for him plus Joe Harris. Took on some uncertainty with JV returning soon. Can anyone shed some light on how he performed while JV was playing? Does JV take a lot of his minutes or have an adverse effect on him?

40 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Just traded Gasol for him plus Joe Harris. Took on some uncertainty with JV returning soon. Can anyone shed some light on how he performed while JV was playing? Does JV take a lot of his minutes or have an adverse effect on him?

JV was not getting a lot of minutes at all. Less than 20 minutes I believe.

JV has not affected SI at all. Nurse starts JV against teams with a bigger Center and SI just comes off the bench and produces his same numbers. Honestly having JV back should help preserve Ibaka’s wear and tear some to keep him fresh for the remainder of the season. 

3 hours ago, Cozie said:

JV has not affected SI at all. Nurse starts JV against teams with a bigger Center and SI just comes off the bench and produces his same numbers. Honestly having JV back should help preserve Ibaka’s wear and tear some to keep him fresh for the remainder of the season. 

Would you still expect double-doubles on a regular basis?

1 hour ago, squid-jesus said:

Would you still expect double-doubles on a regular basis?

I would expect him to hover around his season avg of 16ppg and 7 Rebs. He’s on a nice rebound tear atm but I don’t expect it to last. 

Looks like he'll take a backseat to Gasol but with JV out do you guys think he'll be able to play along Gasol and still produce? 

I guess the move takes him out of the starting lineup and puts him behind Siakam and Gasol so the double-double chances dwindle down... He was part of a package I just got to move Marc Gasol too, smh… What are people expecting from him now? Fall out of top-60 value?

I was hoping to make it through the deadline w/o any of my players losing value then this hits the wire. Stings some but I can see his minutes dropping with this trade as Gasol will most likely be closing out games regulating Ibaka to the bench. 

With the age of both Gasol and Ibaka, I see a pretty even 50/50 timeshare.  Pascal breaking out and Ibaka not effective at PF means they won't be playing together much at all.  Also improved depth means we should expect they each get random rest days to keep them fresh for the playoffs down the stretch along with Lowry and kawhi.

On 2/7/2019 at 1:11 PM, GarbageTyme said:

Looks like he'll take a backseat to Gasol but with JV out do you guys think he'll be able to play along Gasol and still produce

No

9 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

No

Well so much for that. I think Ibaka's value is fine still. He's still a big part of the puzzle there. He can play 20-25 minutes or 35. The production is usually about the same. He's usually more aggressive when he's a bench guy to negate the volume loss. He'll still be top 75 or so.

4 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Well so much for that. I think Ibaka's value is fine still. He's still a big part of the puzzle there. He can play 20-25 minutes or 35. The production is usually about the same. He's usually more aggressive when he's a bench guy to negate the volume loss. He'll still be top 75 or so.

I don't disagree.  I was responding to the poster who asked if he would play alongside Gasol.  I don't see them playing minutes together at the same time.

5 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

You're saying Ibaka's value is fine and then saying he'll be top-75. He's currently top 50 so that's quite a drop lol

He's 58th. 75 is a small drop from that. If he even drops. He'll be fine. He'll be playing some PF also. I don't understand the sentiment on that. He's played PF the majority of his career. You can expect Gasol/Ibaka/Pascal to get almost all the minutes at those 2 spots as should have been expected.

Anytime an all star caliber moves to a team there's going to be a usage and minutes shift.  

1 hour ago, Kriggly said:

Anytime an all star caliber moves to a team there's going to be a usage and minutes shift.  

Very true statement. I don't think it really matters with Serge Ibaka. He's still gonna get his run. We already went through this in the games Jonas was starting. It didn't really shift anything for him. If anything he tends to be more aggressive and efficient as a backup. I could be wrong but I honestly doubt it. Gasol/Pascal/Ibaka should get all those minutes. That's enough for Serge to produce.

11 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

Very true statement. I don't think it really matters with Serge Ibaka. He's still gonna get his run. We already went through this in the games Jonas was starting. It didn't really shift anything for him. If anything he tends to be more aggressive and efficient as a backup. I could be wrong but I honestly doubt it. Gasol/Pascal/Ibaka should get all those minutes. That's enough for Serge to produce.

Especially because his value isn't on the ball.  Rebounds, blocks, and efficiency is where he really pulls through, and he can do that as long as he gets minutes.  

Feels kinda weird seeing Marc off the bench, but it makes sense for him to take on the role Val had where he starts against bigger Centers and Ibaka fills the small ball center role.