Jonathanc5

Serge Ibaka 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

He's 58th. 75 is a small drop from that. If he even drops. He'll be fine. He'll be playing some PF also. I don't understand the sentiment on that. He's played PF the majority of his career. You can expect Gasol/Ibaka/Pascal to get almost all the minutes at those 2 spots as should have been expected.

I see he's 58th on BBM now. The Yahoo! rankings in standard 9-cat have him at 49 as of yesterday. I think Yahoo and BBM's metrics are the same for average value so that's a huge drop for one day. Wonder why. 

The skeptic in me, the same one who read every fantasy pundit out there write about how Ibaka is the biggest loser from the trade, needs to see Gasol get his footing in Toronto and play a normal allotment of minutes. I'm pondering a Gay for Ibaka or Grant for Ibaka offer but I want to believe that Ibaka can keep this up

Ready to face the wrath of Ibaka believers, but Gasol hit 22 minutes tonight and had a good game while Ibaka played three-four minutes less than his last. Granted he had a great game too, but anybody see Gasol taking a bigger chunk of his minutes as he gets more acclimated with the Raps? The Nets are below-average defensively so I'm not buying that most games will go like this. Also worried about rumors that the Raptors are interested in signing Markieff Morris

crap crap crap... Ibaka was a steal at my draft, now he is drop candidate. shame...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pumbaa said:

crap crap crap... Ibaka was a steal at my draft, now he is drop candidate. shame...

Held onto both Serge and JaVale through the trade deadline, and kind of regretting it. The silver lining is that all the guys on my roster til now have been undroppable so if I drop Serge I can open up a streaming spot for the playoffs for a player who may end up being more valuable over the final month

I honestly thing given gasol is in rotation (personally I think he’s better then ibaka) I think for play offs streamer would be better option ....

12 hours ago, Pumbaa said:

Yeah it sucks, he was the final pick in my draft making my squad deep as hell. He’s been good to me all season (lol). I can’t drop as there isn’t anything on my wire with similar value so I’ll hold. Just hate his production is dropping at a time when I could really use it.  

On 3/4/2019 at 4:01 PM, Cozie said:

Yeah it sucks, he was the final pick in my draft making my squad deep as hell. He’s been good to me all season (lol). I can’t drop as there isn’t anything on my wire with similar value so I’ll hold. Just hate his production is dropping at a time when I could really use it.  

Hes had 1 bad game in a week, other days his numbers are usable, have to hold unless shallow league I guess.

• Like 1

Last night's game felt like an outlier cuz of the 5 blocks. If he gets any its usually 1 or 2. But his value comes from starting games and playing 25 minutes or more. It's hard to hold unless the rest of your team is stacked because the factor of consistency is eliminated with Gasol starting games too

1 hour ago, squid-jesus said:

Last night's game felt like an outlier cuz of the 5 blocks. If he gets any its usually 1 or 2. But his value comes from starting games and playing 25 minutes or more. It's hard to hold unless the rest of your team is stacked because the factor of consistency is eliminated with Gasol starting games too

It was the same way when Tor had Valanciunas. Ibaka was still the small ball center. He's been in a shooting slump past couple games but his numbers aren't that far off. Of course they aren't going be the same when they had Val out with injury.

I feel that I cannot trust rotoworld blurbs anymore - do you guys feel the same?? 

1 day he is drop candidate - the next day they ask you to fire him up everywhere. I get better advice on this forum tbh 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamaal99 said:

I feel that I cannot trust rotoworld blurbs anymore - do you guys feel the same?? 

1 day he is drop candidate - the next day they ask you to fire him up everywhere. I get better advice on this forum tbh 

Yep. Can't trust them. First I have no idea what kind of leagues they play in. I've never seen leagues that drop and pick up at free will. If you listened to them they'll drive your team straight into the ground. I've come to conclusion Dr A must be referring to 10 teamers in his articles. I mean he said the other day that he just picked  up Otto for his team and other people should do the same. And I think it was like a week or 2 ago he said to pick up Rudy Gay if he was dropped because he just did. I mean in what world are these guys available on the wire. Just crazy. Unless you play in they're alternate universe league/s with same settings then I would just completely ignore there advise, assumptions and conjecture and just focus on the actual player news, injury updates etc. . It's not bad for good laughs though. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jamaal99 said:

Their blurbs and articles make sense for 10-team settings which I guess the average league is. I haven't been in a standard league in years so I just read into their stuff for an idea of who's trending up or down from a general standpoint. Mitchell Robinson has been owned in my league since the second or third week of the season and I chuckle every time I see something that suggests he should be picked up week after week. Same with Derrick White, Cody Zeller, PJ Tucker, Kelly Oubre, and guys like that

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Bro!  Why you gotta punch Chriss at the end of 3rd???  Now he's probably gonna miss multiple games.  If he doesn't get an INJ tag I'm seriously considering dropping him for Bam just to stay alive (it's playoffs this week). 

Damn man!!!  WTF????  

Edited by gill2k
  • Haha 1

Ibaka just choked and tried to throw a haymaker at Chriss. He's a repeat offender too, he's been suspended 3 times in the past 2 years for throwing a punch. Wouldn't be surprised if he's out the rest of the regular season.

Serge Ibaka goes after Marquese Chriss at the close of the third quarter Cavs vs. Raptors 11.3.19

Did Chriss say something ? Or did big Serge just lose it due to kind of being stood over a little bit ?

This sucks. The only saving grace for me would be if he gets an 'INJ' tag on Yahoo so I can use a streaming spot to replace him. Still gonna miss those rebounds and blocks, though. Since he's thrown hands with other guys multiple times in the last few seasons I think he'll get at least five games, putting him out through the end of next week, which is semifinals in the playoffs for me. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

This sucks. The only saving grace for me would be if he gets an 'INJ' tag on Yahoo so I can use a streaming spot to replace him. Still gonna miss those rebounds and blocks, though. Since he's thrown hands with other guys multiple times in the last few seasons I think he'll get at least five games, putting him out through the end of next week, which is semifinals in the playoffs for me. 

I dont think suspension warrants an INJ tag. At least that's my experience from having Fournette in fantasy football. 

41 minutes ago, cbsholy said:

I dont think suspension warrants an INJ tag. At least that's my experience from having Fournette in fantasy football. 

Well then everything is doom and gloom. Hoping it's not more than 3 games. If I fall behind near halfway of next week I'm not hesitating to cut bait. So be it