aemgraze

Terry Rozier 2018-2018 Season Outlook

"The Boston Celtics will NOT agree to a contact extension with guard Terry Rozier making him a free-agent in 2019." - NBA Buzz

How will this affect his playing time?

I feel like this is a good thing for Rozzier fantasywise. He may be traded sometime mideseason and that would definitely be a good thing for him.

• Thanks 1

This guy plays like his life  is on the line! Wow.

Kyrie better watch out, or Rozier might force a timeshare.

• Like 1

Boston needs to trade this guy to Phoenix so that he can ball out for real. Either way I think even coming off the bench for a team as deep as Boston, scary Terry can muster up some late round value. Dude plays hard at all times and he really wants his money. He's gonna be hella motivated this year. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Boston needs to trade this guy to Phoenix so that he can ball out for real. Either way I think even coming off the bench for a team as deep as Boston, scary Terry can muster up some late round value. Dude plays hard at all times and he really wants his money. He's gonna be hella motivated this year. 

He is playing for his next contract. Since he didn't resign with Celtics. He will be a runner up for 6th man of the year if he continues this type of production. 

I'm encouraged by the minutes tonight - including finishing the game and spending time on the court at the same time as Kyrie. 

• Like 1

A must add for 10 teamer? Seems like he could be 6th man of the year if the minutes Will be there ??

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brandayz said:

A must add for 10 teamer? Seems like he could be 6th man of the year if the minutes Will be there ??

I'd give it a couple more games but he's definitely on the radar. He doesn't need a lot of minutes to put up stats because of how hard he plays. Great source of scoring and funnily enough, boards from the G position.

Edited by fabrar

12 hours ago, Brandayz said:

I'm pretty much into owning any Celtics rotation player... I think Brown and Rozier will chip in across-the-board regularly, and far outperform their ADP. In daily leagues with large rosters, their contributions will make a big difference for a fantasy team. Rozier looks super explosive. My only gripe is I want him to use that explosiveness/athleticism to get to the rim more, and take fewer step-back jumpers - even though he creates space with ease. There's something about him that is a liiiiiiitle bit Dwyane Wade-y. I'm not sayin'... but I'm just sayin'. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • Like 1

If this guy gets traded to a starting job I will hit the add button so damn hard. I really love this guy :D I even think he is going to be relevant in the role he has now 

Edited by Brandayz

4 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

You guys think he will sustain 25-30 min? 

I could be wrong, but I view him as halfway between a 5th starter and 6th man... like... Dwyane Wade had a baby with Kings-era Bobby Jackson. 

I want to keep expectations tempered though, because Kyrie/Tatum/Hayward/Horford/Jaylen are a lot of mouths to feed.

Man... what a team, gotta be the favorite for LeaguePass MVP. And by that I mean /r/NBAstreams MVP. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
  • Like 1

Im so tempted to scoop him up for Collison. If Rozier ends up in PHX or a team that needs a PG he will eat.... even if he stays in Boston what do you guys think his ROS stats would look like?

Is he a drop candidate in a 12 team+ in favor for some hot waiver wire pick up?
Or this is still a hold situation?? 

6 hours ago, heero78 said:

Is he a drop candidate in a 12 team+ in favor for some hot waiver wire pick up?
Or this is still a hold situation?? 

I think it's time to move on. I've seen enough with GH healthy now. I'm gonna ship him off soon.

Dis guy too good to be a bench player, but knowing Ainge he probably wont be had for anything less than an Allstar :))

Drafted him, dropped him, he was picked up and dropped again, I scooped him back up for tonight...at some point his situation is going to improve somehow...its simply whether you have him or someone else does when it happens :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dfstout said:

Drafted him, dropped him, he was picked up and dropped again, I scooped him back up for tonight...at some point his situation is going to improve somehow...its simply whether you have him or someone else does when it happens :ph34r:

very good point. As long as he chips in, I'm gonna hold. 

• Like 1

Your friendly announcement/reminder that the Celtics are the only team to have a Th-Fr b2b and Kyrie will be attending his grandfather's memorial service on Friday, so...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom Chambers said:

Your friendly announcement/reminder that the Celtics are the only team to have a Th-Fr b2b and Kyrie will be attending his grandfather's memorial service on Friday, so...

Think scary Terry ends up starting both games of the B2B?

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Think scary Terry ends up starting both games of the B2B?

No, but he'll get lots of run on Friday on top of his normal Thursday, so that makes him a great streamer.  Two games for the price of one add, one of them as the prime PG.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

Never forgot it, but it is nice to have reminders just in case...:D

I don't expect much even if he ends up with a starting gig and 30+ mpg. Low steal and assist rate with low FG % would probably keep him well outside the top 100. Obviously, if you're playing in non-standard leagues his value may change.

If he lands in Phoenix we are talking about mid round value as a ceiling.

Unfortunately, I just can not see C's trying to cash the rest o Rozzier's season for some picks or a veteran role player. C's have high expectations this season even though they still trying to figure things out. They need their depth in order to aim for the championship and Rozzier is a big part of that. Rozzier is also a great handcuff for Kyrie IRL and that makes him even more usefull during the regular season. They would want to have hope advantage over the Raptors and if that's not happening then get ahead of Sixers and Bucks. It has to be some pretty good offer for for C's to even consider about it.