aemgraze

Terry Rozier 2018-2018 Season Outlook

10 minutes ago, Manos A said:

If he lands in Phoenix we are talking about mid round value as a ceiling.

Unfortunately, I just can not see C's trying to cash the rest o Rozzier's season for some picks or a veteran role player. C's have high expectations this season even though they still trying to figure things out. They need their depth in order to aim for the championship and Rozzier is a big part of that. Rozzier is also a great handcuff for Kyrie IRL and that makes him even more usefull during the regular season. They would want to have hope advantage over the Raptors and if that's not happening then get ahead of Sixers and Bucks. It has to be some pretty good offer for for C's to even consider about it.

Without Kyrie they're not winning anything though, so it's a red herring of sorts.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

Without Kyrie they're not winning anything though, so it's a red herring of sorts.  

I meant during regular season. Best case scenario, Kyrie loses 10-15 games prior to playoffs. They can not afford random losses if they want to be on top of Eastern standings.

Also, i am not sure if you are talking about PO games or regular season games. Obviously if they want to win a championship, they need Kyrie. In the meantime they need Scary Terry to fill in, in his occasional absence and last year is a great proof that Kyrieless C's are still a winning team, regular season and PO wise. 

1 hour ago, mcflywalker said:

Even as a bench guy, dude does better than most wire fodder. Hoping for a trade

Playing for his next contract puts him at a higher priority over other wire fodder. I am hopeful for a trade this season. Maybe Suns or possibly Fire Sale Wizards. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, XOrad10 said:

Playing for his next contract puts him at a higher priority over other wire fodder. I am hopeful for a trade this season. Maybe Suns or possibly Fire Sale Wizards. 

I also thought about Phoenix Suns. He can have an opportunity there. And Suns are in need of a good PG. Hopefully there will be a trade coming later this season.

This dude is by far my worst player but I've been holding him for his potential if he were to get traded or if Kyrie were to go down. I think I'll give him a couple of more weeks, maybe something crazy will happen, like Suns giving up Okobo+Ariza for him or something of that nature.

10 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

This dude is by far my worst player but I've been holding him for his potential if he were to get traded or if Kyrie were to go down. I think I'll give him a couple of more weeks, maybe something crazy will happen, like Suns giving up Okobo+Ariza for him or something of that nature.

Agreed. I don’t hold him, but I keep a move every week for the off chance that news emerges.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Sadly, I play in a 14-team, 15-roster league. He'd be picked up in a minute if I dropped him.

Yeah, you should hold him then. If it was a league of standard depth though, I'd advise people to cut him loose until about a week or two before the deadline. He's really not more valuable than other guys on your wire, especially in H2H.

Kyrie Irving tweaked his "AC joint" at the end of the game tonight and they got a juicy matchup against the Pels on Saturday. Hopefully the Cs play it safe and test Kyrie a game or ten.

Is this guy a must pick-up now in a 10 teamer with all the trade rumors surrounding him? He is killing it as a starter

38 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Is this guy a must pick-up now in a 10 teamer with all the trade rumors surrounding him? He is killing it as a starter

Not much rumors? Everything seems fabricated and speculation.

Not yet rosterable imo.

But I think he fits well in Phoenix. His energy is what Ayton wants and needs. Hahaha

Anyone know if Kyrie is playing tonight?

Update: never mind, Kyrie is starting. Thought we'd have a nice pick up

Edited by mcflywalker

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

any betting men wanna make a prediction on odds hes actually dealt?

Boston would need terry in playoffs for a run , but if they deal him it means they’re bringing back a ready to go player. But it could also foreshadow them not making it to the finals. I say 40% chance which is higher than what I wanted but it makes sense and having terry not play while he is in a “secure the bag” year is like keeping a Ferrari in the garage and only driving it through school zones 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

any betting men wanna make a prediction on odds hes actually dealt?

I will say 10-20%. 

He's worth more to Boston as a key player as a hypothetical Kyrie replacement than a bench player and a pick that's a year or two from now.

Also, who is there that needs him desperately? Phoenix, but they've been unwilling to put a decent package together and Boston doesn't want their biggest trade piece (Ariza). NO, since they're chasing a playoff spot and also are trying to convince AD to stay. Would Boston accept a package involving Elfrid Payton or E'Twaun Moore? 

Only other likely destination is Miami, who could send Dragic, but he is making like $18M  and has a $19M player option for next year. Maybe they could also involve Whiteside since Horford is showing his age, but I don't see Boston being interested.

Would love a trade, but I see how that would be somewhat of a long shot. Hard to drop him when he still shows production off the bench.

Heat get Horford + Rozier

Celtics get Whiteside + Ellington

He needs to start. He's not even getting the Dinwiddie treatment in Boston. 

Miami needs to pull the trigger and part ways with Dragic/Whiteside. They're long overdue.