summersoff7

Harrison Barnes 18-19' Season Outlook

Most likely fewer points but higher efficiency. His reb will probably drop too because of DJ. 

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Really nice game today.

Yep. He looked aggressive and I think having Luka and DSJ as the primarily ball handlers will help Barnes focus more on crashing the glass and on D. Hopefully he can consistently get around 7-8 boards.

8 minutes ago, JJ-Reddit17 said:

Yep. He looked aggressive and I think having Luka and DSJ as the primarily ball handlers will help Barnes focus more on crashing the glass and on D. Hopefully he can consistently get around 7-8 boards.

With DJ around I really doubt he averages 7-8 boards.  He couldn't do that last season when he was playing a lot of PF and there wasn't a board-hunting C like Jordan around, so I doubt he suddenly increases his rebounds now. 

I think the across the board decrease in counting stats is for real and he'll finish with lower points and boards than last season.

Edited by ComeOnAndSlam

1 hour ago, ComeOnAndSlam said:

With DJ around I really doubt he averages 7-8 boards.  He couldn't do that last season when he was playing a lot of PF and there wasn't a board-hunting C like Jordan around, so I doubt he suddenly increases his rebounds now. 

I think the across the board decrease in counting stats is for real and he'll finish with lower points and boards than last season.

Idk. Everyone likes to grab boards in this team. Everybody eats it seems like.

I just grabbed him with DSJ tonight.  Dropped Dinwiddie for him.

I still can’t believe he cleared waivers and no one scooped him up yet in my league.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:03 PM, summersoff7 said:

Is he going to be anything like he was last year offensively? 

I suppose the answer is "no".

Just wanted to give Barnes some props for upping his 3pt game this year. Rebounds and assists are down, to be sure, but the uptick in treys has made him much more interesting imo.

9 minutes ago, maleman said:

thoughts on his value? better second half? 

Someone has to score on the mavericks.  I'd imagine his scoring and rebounding will go up.  Probably a dip in efficiency.  

1 minute ago, tobeyreichman18 said:

Wow, this trade I imagine hurts his value a ton?

Don't think so, Kings want to keep him for a while so he's definitely starting.

Not sure if he'd be at the 3 but likely a stretch 4.

• Thanks 1

I like Barnes' odds at thriving in the up-tempo system.  He also has a fine playoff schedule now.  It's may take some of BogBog's usage, but not too much.  As a non-Barnes owner, I wish he was on my squad, but not to the point where I'll lose any sleep over it.  (i.e., don't trade Tobias for him).  But again, he may thrive.

I am a Barnes owner and have been trying to include him in a deal for like two weeks but I just can't come up with a deal. It's a headache owning him. I assume now I am losing at least 1 game this week and its a really close matchup. 

Odd trade.  They want him as a stretch 4 next to WCS.  While not a stretch 4, where are they expecting to play Bagley?  It seems like he will cut into Bogdanovic's and Bagley's minutes unless Bagley also gets more minutes at the 5.  In that case, Giles will lose minutes.

Edited by mbroo5880i

4 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Odd trade.  They want him as a stretch 4 next to WCS.  While not a stretch 4, where are they expecting to play Bagley?  It seems like he will cut into Bogdanovic's and Bagley's minutes unless Bagley also gets more minutes at the 5.  In that case, Giles will lose minutes.

Giles will probably be the cut here and if they manage to move WCS later today then that’s opens up bagley at the 5 which he’s been playing the past few games at times 

2 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

Giles will probably be the cut here and if they manage to move WCS later today then that’s opens up bagley at the 5 which he’s been playing the past few games at times 

No way Giles, a player with his talent, simply gets cut.