cwilliam

Trade M. Gordon/Hill for M.Thomas/Gronk?

In my 10 Team Standard League, I was offered the following trade -

I send: Melvin Gordon and Tyreek Hill

I receive: Michael Thomas and Rob Gronkowski

If I were to trade Gordon, my RB would still be McCaffrey, Howard, Conner, Lynch, and Peterson. With Thomas, my WR would be Thomas, Smith-Schuster, Davis, and M. Jones. I would have Gronk at TE and Kittle on my bench.

Is this a trade worth making? I would love to have a bonafide WR1, but dislike trading Gordon. Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Edited by cwilliam

I think you're giving up too much tbh, Gordon is a top 3 RB, esp in standard, and Hill still has week winning potential every game but is up and down more than you'd like to depend on.  You're left depending on Howard, Connor (after Bell comes back), and Lynch as your RB2.  Thomas is a stud but that offense looks like it's going to lean heavier on the run w Ingram back, and while Gronk is Gronk you can easily get by with Kittle.  I'd counter with Connor and AP/Lynch plus Hill for Thomas/Gronk and see if that gets it done.

Edited by TheINC

In a standard league I definitely wouldn't do it. Melvin Gordon is my #2 player ROS only behind Gurley with his Gurley-esque workload in the run and pass game as well as significant TD upside. In standard I think the gap between Thomas and Hill is smaller and with Ingram back I think Thomas takes a slight hit since Brees won't be throwing as much. The use of Taysom Hill near the GL worries me too since he has rarely looked to pass. I just think in standard an elite WR1 is less important due to the weight of TDs and Hill's explosiveness in that elite KC offense honestly puts him in that top tier conversation. While I don't expect it to continue Kittle has quietly outscored Gronk thus far. I still think that Kittle is top 8 TE ROS and the upgrade of Gronk over him doesn't make me comfortable giving up Gordon

I don't mind the trade if you put McCaffrey in place of Gordon. CMC is no slouch (I think he is a top 10 RB ROS) but lacks the TD upside of Gordon with Cam taking a decent chunk of RZ carries and Panthers overall not being as good offensively as the Chargers have been.  Ideally I'd try something like Howard and Kittle for Gronk and be able to keep both Gordon and CMC since the consistency of 2 workhorse RB1s would be money in standard. I value RBs much higher than WRs in standard.

Edited by Jaw1

I would pass.  He's trying to sell Gronk on name value.  Honestly if you watch the Pats Gronk isn't getting open like he used to.  

Do not trade gordon, bark, gurley, zeke in a standard league.  They are so much better than everyone at the position.

I would imagine in a 10 team standard there would be plenty of wrs on the wire.