taco123

Justin Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I think Rotoworld writers unfortunately bias a lot of views. They state he’s not much more out of deep leagues

but where are you going to find an elite source of 3s and decent steals with low TO

the next best player on my wire is like reggie Jackson lol and this is a 10 teamer

• Like 1

1. Just assumptions off of his stat lines, he seems to have it figured out.

Majority of his shots are behind the line, good FT%s, stls & low TOs.

Perfect fantasy asset.

1. I'm also assuming he's guarding the best perimeter threat too.

I believe some of the bias stems from being burned last year. He played just as well last year and was abruptly removed from the rotation for no reason other than tanking/focus on the youth movement. 

Lol at these Pig Dog writers. Dude is ranked 34th in standard 9 cat leagues. Hardly a back end fodder asset. 

Justin Holiday scored a season-high 20 points vs. the Bucks on Friday, hitting 7-of-12 shots and 6-of-9 triples.

He also added three rebounds, four assists and three steals in 28 minutes. The Bucks were allowing the second most 3-pointers to opponents entering Friday’s game, so this was a great spot for Holiday. He has alternated single-digit and double-digit point games over his past five outings, but has played at least 32 minutes in eight straight games. You could do a lot worse with your last roster spot in a standard league.
  • Like 1

I got rid of him earlier in the season because of his proneness to costly percentages and a view that the return of Valentine and to a lesser extent Markannen could reduce his role. I probably made a mistake in keeping Lamb over him - but not a season altering one.

1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

I got rid of him earlier in the season because of his proneness to costly percentages and a view that the return of Valentine and to a lesser extent Markannen could reduce his role. I probably made a mistake in keeping Lamb over him - but not a season altering one.

Valentine coming back shouldn't be viewed as the end of the world for Holiday. Whose to say Valentine will crack the rotation right away ? Hoiberg clearly loves Holiday to get significant minutes right now and I'll keep him until proven otherwise.

Valentine out 4-6 more months.... is this guy worth owning in 12 team leagues? 

Edited by bsu27

47 minutes ago, bsu27 said:

OMG why did I choose Danny Green over him.

I'm sorry Justin, please have like 3 bad games so you can be dropped and I can pick you back up again.

Guy has been solid all season, should be a consistent source of threes and steals for the rest of the season with Valentine out, although Lauri and Dunn coming back will lower his usage.

1 hour ago, bsu27 said:

10 team

Primary beneficiary of Valentine's absence. So frustrated as I was not able to scoop him. Currently ranked top 20 in yahoo for his popcorn stats.

I haven't been following Chicago this year at all but any reason he shouldn't maintain good value at least until Dunn is back (especially since Valentine is out).

Really nice source of 3s and steals, it appears.  Considering dropping Bazemore or Green for him in a roto league.

I’m curious as well if Holiday can maintain his stats once Dunn and Markkanen return. Is he a sell high guy?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cozie said:

I’m curious as well if Holiday can maintain his stats once Dunn and Markkanen return. Is he a sell high guy?

I sold him so high I honestly doubted if I made the right choice... hahaha traded him and d white for, Donovan Mitchell 2 weeks ago 😂😂😂 no regrets...

i think overall it helps cause it gives him more freedom to roam and be that 3 and D guy with Dunn being a pass first kind of pg... but the fg% I couldn’t deal with it anymore...

5 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

I sold him so high I honestly doubted if I made the right choice... hahaha traded him and d white for, Donovan Mitchell 2 weeks ago 😂😂😂 no regrets...

i think overall it helps cause it gives him more freedom to roam and be that 3 and D guy with Dunn being a pass first kind of pg... but the fg% I couldn’t deal with it anymore...

How on earth did you get away with that?

Just now, Portis4Potus said:

How on earth did you get away with that?

Back to back bad games by Mitchell, white was all the rage and Justin just played his best game of the season, threw out the request hoping the manager was panicking and would accept...

he he did and here we are today... but still holiday has been producing so both sides can’t really complain...

PS, the pickup I replaced for white made the deal even more one sided...

37 minutes ago, Rproflmao said:

Back to back bad games by Mitchell, white was all the rage and Justin just played his best game of the season, threw out the request hoping the manager was panicking and would accept...

he he did and here we are today... but still holiday has been producing so both sides can’t really complain...

PS, the pickup I replaced for white made the deal even more one sided...

Now I'm curious lol. Who'd you pick up??

I have him on all my squads. Wasn't dropping him for nothing. That being said, do I think he will take a hit once Dunn and Lauri come back? I sure do. Am I dropping him? Hell no. He should perform the same as last year when all were healthy and he really wasn't droppable last year. Found that out the hard way last year when I did drop him and started missing stls.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DavidbivaD said:

Now I'm curious lol. Who'd you pick up??

Managed to snag bazegod from waivers to fill for the steals and 3s he provides 😂😂😂

I think people are unaware of his line.. so I’ll just post it here. 27 points, 13 boards, 3 steals, 2 assists, a block, 5 threes. He’s somehow owned in 3 percent of leagues in espn....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jeffr913 said:

Crazy line tonight. I'm wondering if we should sell high before Dunn comes back or is this forreall

Dude idk. We got Dunn, punchbob, and eventually denzel to worry about. But his 3s are so nice and the steals too. I’m gonna hold onto him but you could probably flip him easily.

• Like 1