taco123

Justin Holiday 2018-2019 Season Outlook

3 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

Crazy line tonight. I'm wondering if we should sell high before Dunn comes back or is this forreall

Like yesterday....I think that Dunn will take all minutes of Arcidiacono (40min last night)

Holiday is the better 3´s shooter of the team..He still receive around 30min imo

• Like 1

RA/Shaq/Payne played 63 minutes against the Heat. That's where Dunn's minutes are going to come from. Holiday shot 4% better from the field and 5% better from three last year when Dunn was on the floor, so him returning could actually help. 

The bigs returning could have a small impact but I'll believe Jabari getting consistent minutes at the three when I see it. That is a disaster waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

He's now the 17th ranked player in Yahoo 9 cats.  I love it but he is making it really hard not to sell high. 

Reminds me a lot of young Wes Matthew pre Achilles injury. 

He seems to do everything in 3 quarters but not much in the 4th. Not a complaint or anything but just something I noticed.

Edited by Raiiny

Anyone who owned Holliday last yea knows he did the exact same thing to begin the season.He thsn fell off a cliff when the new year hit. See if that changes this year but a positive is he won’t have to deal with Valentine this time around. 

Edited by chud12
  • Like 1

gonna be interesting to see the starting lineup when lauri and portis returns. where parker goes. dunn, lavine, wcj, lauri. he sure is good for a minimum of 3 3's per game. 

2 minutes ago, brosephd said:

gonna be interesting to see the starting lineup when lauri and portis returns. where parker goes. dunn, lavine, wcj, lauri. he sure is good for a minimum of 3 3's per game. 

How bad is it that I forgot about Lauri :/ I was caught up thinking about Dunn, Portis and valentine. 

9 hours ago, Portis4Potus said:

How bad is it that I forgot about Lauri :/ I was caught up thinking about Dunn, Portis and valentine. 

what's his outlook when the team is at full strength? still hold or sell high now?

1 hour ago, lokidestroyer said:

what's his outlook when the team is at full strength? still hold or sell high now?

I think he's a hold. I have him and love his utility on the court. He's clearly the better wing defender on the Bulls. Even at full strength, I still expect him to get his minutes.

Edited by Russianog
  • Thanks 1

Jabari to play SF after Markkenan and Portis are back?

Edited by JormaJormala

Denzel Valentine - G/F -  Bulls

Denzel Valentine officially underwent reconstructive left ankle surgery on Tuesday and he's expected to miss the next 4-6 months of action.

He's essentially done for the season, which means that Justin Holiday is locked into the starting lineup with Chandler Hutchison acting as his primary backup. Valentine obviously belongs on the waiver wire in all formats.

J.Parker will not slide to SF when Lauri + Portis comeback??

Last 30 Days (15 games)

Holiday put around 3.5 3’s/ 13Pts / 5Reb / 3Ast / 1Stl / 0.5Blk (35min)

I think and hope he will receive around 27/30min..

OR, any trade to Houston for exemple will be amazing for his value..

I’m not sure if Houston gives him a better fantasy outlook. Given the situation in Chicago, I think he would get more opportunities there. 

24 minutes ago, Russianog said:

I’m not sure if Houston gives him a better fantasy outlook. Given the situation in Chicago, I think he would get more opportunities there. 

he would be a stud in Houston filling the ariza role.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

he would be a stud in Houston filling the ariza role.

Houston was open to give their next 4 draft pick for Butler...

Only one pick will be necessary for Holiday and I think he will be stellar under Run&Gun system...The « Young » Ariza....

fingers crossed!!

Right now he's like 2nd round value... you think he will be able to keep up top 30/50 this season? Trying to see if it is worth selling high or not. His game is a lot of defense and 3s.. which shouldnt dip that much when team is at full strength/no denzel

5 minutes ago, XNW said:

Right now he's like 2nd round value... you think he will be able to keep up top 30/50 this season? Trying to see if it is worth selling high or not. His game is a lot of defense and 3s.. which shouldnt dip that much when team is at full strength/no denzel

I think he should be fine. His PT dipped a bit in the new year, but given the fact that denzel is not returning means he will remain a starter

On 11/20/2018 at 10:17 AM, barbosa said:

I haven't been following Chicago this year at all but any reason he shouldn't maintain good value at least until Dunn is back (especially since Valentine is out).

Really nice source of 3s and steals, it appears.  Considering dropping Bazemore or Green for him in a roto league.

He's super streaky so definitely more valuable in roto. Dude has taken 8+ threes in half of Chicago's games this year, gets a lot of steals, and doesn't turn the ball over. Lots to like. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yungwasabi said:

Any idea what the rotation/playing time will be now that Hoidberg is gone?

Yea I just talked to Bulls management and they said ....   Come on man, how would anyone have an idea? 

• Haha 4

Hoiberg was sacked apparently for player development reasons. Given Holiday's age and status, maybe he takes a hit.