Sign in to follow this  
nyer01

Jordan Clarkson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

It looks like he started well in the preseason, but it's unclear how many minutes he may get throughout the season.

What do you guys think?

Whether he starts or comes off the bench, I would think he would still get plenty of minutes.  It's not like the Cavs are full of great options to keep him on the bench long, so I think he should be a solid pick in the later rounds for scoring and 3's.

12 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Where will he get the minutes?  I feel like the Cavs will start Sexton soon and is JC a better SG than Hood or JR?  

I think there's high school kids out there that are better than JR Smith.  If Clarkson comes off the bench, it would make sense for him to get minutes at both PG and SG, which would help keep his minutes at a useful level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

I think there's high school kids out there that are better than JR Smith.  If Clarkson comes off the bench, it would make sense for him to get minutes at both PG and SG, which would help keep his minutes at a useful level.

And elementary school kids with more awareness and ability to count and know the score.

He should start tbh

hes way better than Lebron had him playing last year .. Lebron is notorious for hindering the stats of his teammates. Without Lebron holding him back, Clarkson should be a 17 PPG player in Cleveland if they give him the right PT. 

• Like 2

Averaging 53 fg% in 3 games so far. I doubt that will continue for the whole season, should go down to 45% at 14 attempts/23 minutes a game as best (only??) scoring player off the bench. Maybe average 14pts/1.3 3s/3rbs/1TO so far. Not too bad as your 3rd or 4th pg, doesn't hurt your TO, FT, and FG. 

Got him off the wire as my 4th string pg behind bledsoe, Dlo, tyreke. 

Virtually nothing else besides scoring, never developed the way I hoped he would. Still has a good role as a 6 man on a tanking team though. 

Edited by SnackilleOatmeal

9 hours ago, dragonballz said:

anything to see here? 

If you need scoring, sure.  Unfortunately the only way he's getting 30 minutes a game is if there's an injury like last night, but I doubt Osman is out for long.

• Like 1

i’m on board. he’s having 1 hell of a season with no lebron to hold him back 

Edited by COBBLEPOT

14 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

i’m on board. he’s having 1 hell of a season with no lebron to hold him back 

I've been on board all season, but up until recently he'd been held back somewhat by a lack of playing time.  Why they didn't play Clarkson at least 30 minutes like last game all season doesn't make a whole lot of sense, especially when he's one of their best players (not saying much, but still).

No one's really talking about Clarkson but looks like he's actually been playing pretty well. Avging almost 18 on good efficiency and actually getting some supporting stats lately. No stocks but seems like a solid late-middle round kind of guy to bolster your scoring.

• Like 1

yeah he’s their scoring punch 

and a young guy on a tanking team sounds good to me

Plus a good PO sched if we hold him till then

good end of bench scoring punch

It was nice to see him bounce back in a big way after a couple of rough games.  He had been on quite a nice roll offensively before the last two games, so it seems his back isn't bothering him anymore.

Averaging 2 threes 18/3.7/2.4 with .5 steals a game in the last month... great end of bench guy , surprised more people aren’t talking about this guy 

• Like 1

Hes quietly having himself a pretty decent season. Rebs & Assts are up , dude is ranked 80th overall in my league. Not too shabby at all. 

As much as he's been pretty consistent as of late, I get the vibe that he's not the most well-liked player within the Cavs organization and the Cleveland fan base.  He seems to be perceived as a heavy ISO player who doesn't bode well for an inclusive, effective offense, and doesn't have a good reputation on defense.  But maybe I'm wrong.

Some of the cavs coming back .. wondering if he’ll be able to keep this production up when the cavs are full strength