Sign in to follow this  
AomineDaiki05

Jeremy Lin 2018-2019 Fantasy Outlook

6 minutes ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

No topic for mister Lin. Shame.

What are your thoughts? New team, new chance pretty nice preseason game. Any fantasy relevance here?

A little

I think Lin will continue to do what he has done in the past (post linsanity stats of course). Nothing exciting at this point but he is worth a roster spot.

I think too much usage for Young, Collins and Prince stunts him a bit on value, but if he is main ball handler in 2nd unit he should be able to get you a decent amount of points and assists. Something around 14 and 4.5, with around a steal and 1.4 threes

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaddyAustralia said:

I think too much usage for Young, Collins and Prince stunts him a bit on value, but if he is main ball handler in 2nd unit he should be able to get you a decent amount of points and assists. Something around 14 and 4.5, with around a steal and 1.4 threes

good thing Collins will be injured a lot lol

4 hours ago, cdd10 said:

good thing Collins will be injured a lot lol

so will Lin

• Haha 2

The journeyman of all journeyman.

I kid. If it's anyone who deserves a breakout season after all the flunky stuff they've been through, it's Lin. Picked him at the end of my draft because assist are brutal to come by.

Besides Gallainari I cant think of a better late round guy/WW pick up that could help you with FTs. Prob the hardest cat to hunt for on the WW

If he’s healthy...again, risk here. I think he’ll get around 24-26 mins. Lin should run the 2nd unit, and if he slides to the 2 with Young during times, it could do wonders for his value. Hopefully he settles in that Vet/leader role for that team. 

Lin is a very solid producer in those low-mid 20s roles. If you look at his stint in LA/Cha he produced top 75-80 value during his stay on these teams. 

Everyones been hot on the Spurs’ guards since Murray and Walker got injured but I think Lin is a better value then those guys if given similar playtime. 

13-14 pts/2.5 rb/4 asst/0.9 stls 

44% fg and 80% FT on like 3.5-4 attempts (this the money stat here)

• Like 3

Very bummed by his usage in this first game. Pretty much just playing backup PG minutes behind Trae which will not provide much value. 

1 minute ago, Letitbe793 said:

Very bummed by his usage in this first game. Pretty much just playing backup PG minutes behind Trae which will not provide much value. 

His minutes were terrible too.  Played 14 minutes?  No thanks.  There's no doubt in my mind that he will be relevant at some point this season, but can't justify him taking a roster spot with so many solid pick-ups.

18 minutes ago, superjew said:

His minutes were terrible too.  Played 14 minutes?  No thanks.  

He did miss all of last year with a pretty bad injury.  They're probably bringing him along slow, a la Gordon Hayward (24 mins).

I'll have my eye on this guy, could really use his FTs.

• Like 1

Just now, DoctorLove said:

Was this garbage time or is he getting consistent minutes?

Garbage time. The game was already out of hand.

Back to back games over 20 minutes and the Hawks are straight a** cheeks.

After my 2-for-1 trade, definitely worth a flier.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Back to back games over 20 minutes and the Hawks are straight a** cheeks.

After my 2-for-1 trade, definitely worth a flier.

This made me spit out my coffee laughing.  I needed that after Taurean Prince's shooting has me in depressed mode

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Ragnaroker said:

Garbage time. The game was already out of hand.

I mean, it's the Hawks. Nearly every game they play will be out of hand.

As long he gets consistent minutes and stays healthy the production as far as fantasy stats will be there.  I picked him up, low risk high reward potentially

Tonight is big. Jeremy Lin has come a long ways back, from a huge injury. To recap, in case there's anyone who doesn't know, he had a ruptured patella tendon on the opening night of last season. This is the injury that players rarely are the same after. Think Antonio McDyess. 

For a player that relies on quick forays into the lane with reckless abandon, this was a crushing injury.

Now here he is, traded again, starting over again. Starting to find a rhythm, confidence, and burst? 

Maybe there's nothing here, from a fantasy perspective. But as a fan, I'm unabashedly rooting for Lin.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Tonight is big. Jeremy Lin has come a long ways back, from a huge injury. To recap, in case there's anyone who doesn't know, he had a ruptured patella tendon on the opening night of last season. This is the injury that players rarely are the same after. Think Antonio McDyess. 

For a player that relies on quick forays into the lane with reckless abandon, this was a crushing injury.

Now here he is, traded again, starting over again. Starting to find a rhythm, confidence, and burst? 

Maybe there's nothing here, from a fantasy perspective. But as a fan, I'm unabashedly rooting for Lin.

Mvp rose sighting, time for a Linsanity sighting

19 points, 2 steals, nice percentages. Lin is rounding into shape. He is starting to look like himself.

Tough to get time unless Bazemore gets traded.

His limited PT is probably a product of either Bazemore's presence (lets hope its showcasing) or he is just being baby-handled due his injury history. Either way he should be considered as a great post break candidate. I added him last week in a 16 team league as a speculative add but he could be seen as a luxury stash in competitive 12+ leagues with thin ww. To be honest his PT as it is right now, prevents me from getting my hopes really high on J Lin.

Agreed. Huerter looked decent tonight also. And Bembry is good. And Taurean was out.

So the math is tough. But the first step is Lin being actually good, which he is starting to be on a steady basis.

• Like 4

Very high IQ for the game, will struggle but a true professional. Let’s not forget he is one of the biggest marketable players in this league especially in China , he made Melo and Harden feel like role players with the attention he gets , everywhere he goes the fans will show up and 1.3 billion on his back. There’s no way he isn’t gonna play and produce.  

• Like 1