GriffeySwag

James Harden 2018-2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Do you actually find that impressive? I went and looked at Kobe's 81 game and even he had 5 of his baskets assisted on in that game. Kobe was also playing with absolute and total bums but he still knew how to use his teammates to help him get looks. Harden just dribbles the ball for 20 seconds, does a step back, and chucks it or drives. 

I don't know. It's a conflicting situation. Obviously, the entire streak and his points are impressive but at the same time looking into it all it's hard to truly be blown away by it. I don't necessarily mind a guy taking a ton of shots especially if his team is horrible but they way Harden does it is somewhat lame. Basketball is a team sport which makes it really fun to watch. Harden makes it a 1 on 5 sport. 

Yes I find Harden's game stats to be eye popping. I totally agree with you that Harden is not involving his teammates, maybe I should have expanded on the lack of assisted scoring comment. What is surprising though is that none of the sports news venues, as far as I am aware, call out Harden's selfish play.  Any ball hog gets his team involved one way or the other but not him. 

Jrue put the clamps on Harden. Shoutout to Darius Miller as well. Great defense & game planning by the Pels. All they gave James was his stepback three and it just wasn't falling tonight. Yes, he got to 30 to keep the streak alive but teams are learning to double James early and let the others make plays which the other players aren't accustomed to. It all boils down to the opposition having the discipline & the personnel to keep Harden from going left & blowing up.

47 minutes ago, y00139yy said:

COOL

Don't blame harden mate, blame the refs, if he can convince the refs that he was fouled than kudos, not many players can. People talk about him being coddled by the refs but the refs coddle a lot of star players. Its the way the NBA works, fans want to see their star players score so the refs give stars benefit of the doubt more often than not. I just think its amazing that he has found a loop hole in the NBA and has perfected it ten fold. He is one of the smartest players in the NBA whether you like watching him or not. What a player.

• Thanks 1

Dropped him. Had a game under 35 points. If he thinks he can get away doing that every week with Chris Paul back it might be time to move on. Absolute bum.

• Haha 1

God he was so desperate for that final 3 pointer to keep his streak going. 

Sickening 

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

God he was so desperate for that final 3 pointer to keep his streak going. 

Sickening 

Do you blame him? No one has done it outside of Wilt.

2 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Yes , I blame him 

5 hours ago, Quazza said:

Yes , I blame him 

Shouldn't be complaining. He's the saviour for our teams.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Quazza said:

Yes , I blame him 

Blame away, in fantasy however, can't ask for more. An off night just hurts the %s but the other stats are literally always there. When he's got it going it's game over. Looking at his season stats he's at 44/86 and has carried this team despite their injuries

• Like 1

Fantasy stud....maybe not as good in real life as fantasy, but he’s almost unfair in fantasy.  As an owner, I’m not complaining one bit, but definitely not a fan of his real-life game.

13 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Who else are you going to blame? It’s Westbrook levels of stat chasing which is incredible for fantasy but an entire different story in the real world.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Who else are you going to blame? It’s Westbrook levels of stat chasing which is incredible for fantasy but an entire different story in the real world.

lol exactly

Don't get me wrong, whilst i can't stand him, I think what he's done this season is incredible. In my 30 years of watching NBA, I haven't seen anything really like it. And yes, as others pointed out, a fantasy beast. But the other night was awful to watch.

where tf is everyone? he's 1 block away from a 5x5!

15 minutes ago, yeet said:

where tf is everyone? he's 1 block away from a 5x5!

He spoiled us cant wait for his 4-4-3 playoff schedule :D

Houston goes into GS and wins handily with guys who actually play defense and give effort.  Strange how that style actually works.

His FG% has been terrible the past few games and his assists and rebounds seem to have dropped off a cliff. Still elite overall but this is not the time to do this James!!

• Sad 1

Don't get me started.  In H2H, where you only care about your 5-7 cats and don't give a s--- about the others, he was tied with AD all year.  People argue with me (I'm not using injuries or the trade situation against AD), but it's like these people don't understand why some players are better roto and H2H players and vice versa.  Harden has been at least tied for the best player in H2H fantasy all year.

Questionable for tomorrow's game with a cervical strain - that would definitely be a huge loss with so many H2H matchups being decided tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Dark One said:

Questionable for tomorrow's game with a cervical strain - that would definitely be a huge loss with so many H2H matchups being decided tomorrow.

Hahaha i saw this on twitter and didn't know if it was real or trolling.  There goes the draft for playoff schedule strategy lol

Hopefully he comes through 🙏. My chances on advancing to the next round literally depends on his performance tonight. 

• Like 1