WFK

Dwight Powell 2018-2019 Season Outlook

With the personnel changes in Dallas, what can we expect from Powell this year? Supposedly he's the back up for DJ; does this make him even less of a factor than he was last year?

I'd actually worry a bit about Kleber who can do everything Powell does and hit 3s. Ok,  maybe powell can slam it down better.    I'm watching this situation. 

Thoughts anyone?

He put up some beast numbers the past 2 games and he's shooting 3s now.

Can he keep this up or will he disappear once Dirk gets back?

Decent stats maybe because Barnes is still out. We can confirm once Barnes joins the team.

• Thanks 1

Why does he not get played more? His per/36 this season is like 37/11 lol. Even then, 18/6 in 17 minutes is nothing to cough at

4 hours ago, yeet said:

Why does he not get played more? His per/36 this season is like 37/11 lol. Even then, 18/6 in 17 minutes is nothing to cough at

Hes basically only getting backup center minutes, dont see him playing much more, but his per minute stats are great

C's are hard to come by in our league and FG% is a stat I could use some help in, so I'm giving him a shot on my bench. If minutes ever open up due to injury, he seems like a good luxury stash.

Not sure if Porzingis will play for the Mavericks this year. DP might be a big winner with trade today.  Good FG% He can shoot the 3 and gives good defensive stats. 

Think he came off the bench today for matchup purpose but I can see him starting. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Discuss

Wasn't the best game, because he came off the bench but wait to all the starters get back. I'd say give a few games to see what happens. He has upside for sure. Loved the defensive stats.

Edited by Trade Monster

Just now, Chrizz said:

worth an add. he should get 25 minutes.

At least, he won't get as many as DJ had but definitely worth an add. Especially if tonight was a sample of what to get.

Would you add him or Kleber though? The latter is stonger over 36 for Blks and 3pm.

I had no one to drop but Napier...Thanks for the shut down for the site lol

Edited by urban2014

Just dropped Mit Rob for him. Not starting but solid game.

Tonight is playing without real play makers to feed him easy baskets. Very encouraging. 

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

I had no one to drop but Napier...Thanks for the shut down for the site lol

Napier is only a add for a few weeks. Dinwiddie could be back soon after the allstar break. As it stands now, Powell will be the better add for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gnome06 said:

Would you add him or Kleber though? The latter is stonger over 36 for Blks and 3pm.

I’m wondering this myself as well. Torn between who to pick up. Anyone have an opinion on who will be better ROS?