Minnesota_Jack

Joe Ingles 2018-19 Season Outlook

No thread on this guy? 

What do we expect this year? Where should he be drafted? Any Jazz fans with more insight? 

Looked great last year especially after the break. Hoping the momentum continues. 

staple guy that usually goes unnoticed and wins leagues. contributes in every category with good percentages. lots of assists and threes. sniped right before me last night in a draft and was bummed. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

staple guy that usually goes unnoticed and wins leagues. contributes in every category with good percentages. lots of assists and threes. sniped right before me last night in a draft and was bummed. 

Amen, unusual combo of steals assits 3's and EFFICIENCY thats only usually found at the top of drafts, ignored because of his 12PPG isnt exciting. One of the reasons i love punt points teams, can get 3rd round value amongst the scrub picks

• Like 3

Gotta love Jingles! His confidence isn't lacking, I hope he takes more shots this season

• Like 3

I have a trade question. I just made a trade for Joe Ingles. I traded away Josh Hart and Ryan Anderson. Is that a good trade? My league is a 14-team league with 17 roster spots and is 15 Categories.

13 minutes ago, LW_00 said:

I have a trade question. I just made a trade for Joe Ingles. I traded away Josh Hart and Ryan Anderson. Is that a good trade? My league is a 14-team league with 17 roster spots and is 15 Categories.

sure,Ingles is far better than hart+Ryno

1 hour ago, alclayno said:

Drafted him in the 8th round (pick 110) in my 14 team H2H league.

No regrets whatsoever.

Why would you regret a steal? Lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, alclayno said:

Drafted him in the 8th round (pick 110) in my 14 team H2H league.

No regrets whatsoever.

Pick 110? Wow. Are the other owners stuffed animals? 

• Haha 2

Well... they did allow me to get Anthony Davis, Paul George, Khris Middleton, and Eric Bledsoe in the first four rounds of a 14 teamer, so...

(AD fell to 3rd)

Edit: Also got Josh Richardson, Robert Covington, and Hassan Whiteside in a punt assists build.

Edited by alclayno
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

ESPN projections have his 3's going from 2.5 to 0.9 3pm

weird projection.

The 31-year-old undrafted free agent out of Australia breaks a lot of projection systems.

35 minutes ago, SuperHans said:

ESPN projections have his 3's going from 2.5 to 0.9 3pm

weird projection.

ESPN and s****y projections, name a more iconic duo

42 minutes ago, fabrar said:

ESPN and s****y projections, name a more iconic duo

yeah no way he drops that much. Maybe 2.5 to 1.8? but I still think he hits around same as last year. Only thing maybe assist dip a little. 

Got him late in my draft.  Had him last year after picking him up in January.  I love this guy in fantasy b'ball and real-life b'ball.  He plays like a crafty old dude that you would play church basketball against.  Add onto that that the dude talks as much trash as anyone in the NBA.  

Ridiculously underrated in ESPN's projections.  13.0, 6.4, 4.4, 1.2 STL, 0.4 BLK, 2.4 3PM after the All-Star break and could not have been more consistent.  You were guaranteed good points from the guy every night.  I don't see why the numbers would go down. He will still get plenty of burn to contribute. He's not going to be a key contributor for a contender.  But for a solid, young team that is trying to become a contender, he's damn good to have around. If his points go down, he will pick it up somewhere else.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

Got him late in my draft.  Had him last year after picking him up in January.  I love this guy in fantasy b'ball and real-life b'ball.  He plays like a crafty old dude that you would play church basketball against.  Add onto that that the dude talks as much trash as anyone in the NBA.  

Ridiculously underrated in ESPN's projections.  13.0, 6.4, 4.4, 1.2 STL, 0.4 BLK, 2.4 3PM after the All-Star break and could not have been more consistent.  You were guaranteed good points from the guy every night.  I don't see why the numbers would go down. He will still get plenty of burn to contribute. He's not going to be a key contributor for a contender.  But for a solid, young team that is trying to become a contender, he's damn good to have around. If his points go down, he will pick it up somewhere else.  

Ingles was someone I made sure I drafted - I just still cannot believe how he overlooked he is after how solid he was last year.

And ESPN's projections for him were one of their many copy and paste errors (0.9 threes, 0.8 blocks - not him)

19 hours ago, alclayno said:

Well... they did allow me to get Anthony Davis, Paul George, Khris Middleton, and Eric Bledsoe in the first four rounds of a 14 teamer, so...

(AD fell to 3rd)

Edit: Also got Josh Richardson, Robert Covington, and Hassan Whiteside in a punt assists build.

wtf is this league? lol

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

wtf is this league? lol

Someone used their first pick (14) on KLove (and their second @ 15 on Jrue Holiday) and someone used their first pick (10) on Ben Simmons, their third (38) on Enes Kanter, and their fourth (47) on Julius Randle.

Just some of the highlights.