Minnesota_Jack

Joe Ingles 2018-19 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, ejaggit said:

I benched him last night guys you're welcome.

Don't you dare try and take credit lol. He was awesome last year and opening night. Shame on you for benching:lol:

• Haha 1

As an Aussie there are few people on this board who love Ingles more than me. That being said, I doubt this FG% continues. Sell high if you can. 

22 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

As an Aussie there are few people on this board who love Ingles more than me. That being said, I doubt this FG% continues. Sell high if you can. 

He's still the type of guy that you'll never get fair value for. Obviously hes not gonna shoot at this clip. But was great last year and usage is up. Hold for me. 

• Like 1

Is it possible we get 16/4/5 with 3 threes and 1.5 spg this season? Been watching him since preseason and his offensive game seems very well rounded. Feels like last season would be his floor.

4 minutes ago, aijuswanaseing said:

Is it possible we get 16/4/5 with 3 threes and 1.5 spg this season? Been watching him since preseason and his offensive game seems very well rounded. Feels like last season would be his floor.

3 threes may be a lil high prob around 2.5 

• Thanks 1

I think it's possible he can get to 15 points and 3 triples a game. He was at 2.5 last year. 15 points is prob his ceiling since he hardly gets to the ft line. FWIW he averaged 10.8 points before ASB last year and 13 points after. So, there is a trend here with him being a bit more aggressive and or looking to shoot more.

• Thanks 1

As stupid as they go with their projections, ESPN's 0.9 threes on Ingles must be somewhere in the top 5.

• Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Dusticle said:

He's playing well, but he come back down to earth. I expect similar stats to last season.

And Similar stats to last season is all I need from Joe. Anything more is a bonus.

Tony Jones 
Joe Ingles dislocated a finger, went to the lockerroom and got it popped back in and is back on the bench and available to return, although I'm sure he won't

I drafted him because he was supposedly very efficient for his position, yet besides the first two games all I got was bricks and turnovers. 

O8DCKSj.jpg

• Like 1

Law of averages - he’ll be fine. 

Essentially in the same role and opportunity as last season. Jingles is a sniper with the ability to pass and steal here and there. Top 50-70 guy. 

It’s 10~ games in, dude will be alright.

Edited by ovofnd

I drafted him and was extremely high on him before the season after he came up big for me last year. 

I believe he will be fine.  The rebounds, assists, and defensive numbers are where I expected.  And he's getting the shots. 

But I am starting to worry a little. What's going on with his shot?  You take away the first two games and he's been straight up bad.  Below 30 percent from 3 point range and about 35 percent overall. 

I don't see many Jazz games, so not sure what to attribute that to.  I don't think a guy can shoot as well as he did all of last season if it is a fluke. Are his shots more contested (i.e., people know his spots and are keeping him away from them or able to get a hand in his face)?  Or is this just a slump? 

31 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

I drafted him and was extremely high on him before the season after he came up big for me last year. 

I believe he will be fine.  The rebounds, assists, and defensive numbers are where I expected.  And he's getting the shots. 

But I am starting to worry a little. What's going on with his shot?  You take away the first two games and he's been straight up bad.  Below 30 percent from 3 point range and about 35 percent overall. 

I don't see many Jazz games, so not sure what to attribute that to.  I don't think a guy can shoot as well as he did all of last season if it is a fluke. Are his shots more contested (i.e., people know his spots and are keeping him away from them or able to get a hand in his face)?  Or is this just a slump? 

I do not watch many Jazz games either but he did call himself the greatest shooter in the league. I'm hoping its a slump. Watching him in the playoffs last year was pretty awesome.

6 minutes ago, molski said:

I do not watch many Jazz games either but he did call himself the greatest shooter in the league. I'm hoping its a slump. Watching him in the playoffs last year was pretty awesome.

39 minutes ago, BrotherMouzone said:

Simple variance.