Minnesota_Jack

Joe Ingles 2018-19 Season Outlook

Weird. Everyone focuses on Ingles' shooting. I guess he brings it upon himself with his comments, but the 4+ assists per game and 1.6 steals this year are pretty sweet too. Even the 4 and a half boards work.

He may have called himself the best shooter but that’s objective true given that he led the league in 3 point shooting percentage when he said it.  That’s like Drummond saying he’s the best rebounder in the league.  Well, that’s objectively true so I wouldn’t hold it against him.  Now his shot isn’t falling.  That’s variance.  It happens.  His other counting stats will help him retain value until his shot falls.  

I am convinced its just a slump as Jingling Joe has been one of the top shooters in the game for 2 years already. He is still contributing across the board so i am not worried.

• Like 1

Y'all don't get Australian humour. That comment about him being the best shooter in the league was firmly tongue-in-cheek. 

• Like 3

Buy low if you can. This slump won't last long and even in the slump he had 2 triples and 3 steals. His floor is basically PJ Tucker's ceiling

39 minutes ago, aijuswanaseing said:

Man this guy and danny green decimated my fg% today lmao

Unfortunately I can also add LMA (2/14), Mirotic (4/14), Conley (2/9), and Redick (2/9) to that list. Combined with Jingles they shot 12 of 55 (or 21.8%) haha :(

All confidence in Jingles to turn it around though :)

Edited by DamoESP

9 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Simple variance. 

You mean the variance is random?

Variance just refers to difference.  The question is what is responsible for variance.  Variance can be random or occur because of certain factors. 

This is not random.  Random would be an occasional poor shooting effort surrounded by an occasional great shooting effort and a bunch of average ones.  This is a stretch of 9 games in which he has one game that could be described as "decent" and 8 that are bad. The problem has been the lack of variance over the last 9 games. 

At this point, it is a trend.  The question is for how long.  And if it is due to something that can easily be fixed (e.g., focus, shot selection) or something that is more difficult to fix (e.g., opponents, teammates, game plan). 

I suspect he will be fine and that this is just a slump....but this isn't just a bad game or two. 

Edited by BrotherMouzone

11 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Weird. Everyone focuses on Ingles' shooting. I guess he brings it upon himself with his comments, but the 4+ assists per game and 1.6 steals this year are pretty sweet too. Even the 4 and a half boards work.

Yeah....but all of the other stats are about what you would have expected from him, so it isn't like he's vastly overachieving in other categories to make up for the lack of scoring over the last 9 games.

He's been fine for the spot where most probably drafted him....but he hasn't amounted to the "steal" that people anticipated before the season. 

I think it is fine to have a little concern and be a bit aggravated over his performance.  Any talk about dropping him is ridiculous, though. 

I think he'll move back to "draft day steal" status when his shot starts falling again.  He's a career 44% shooter so he'll get it fixed soon enough.

1 hour ago, reverb said:

Everyone still holding in 12 teamers? 

I'm holding in an 8

2 hours ago, reverb said:

Everyone still holding in 12 teamers? 

serious question?

• Haha 1

Somehow he was dropped in what I thought was a competitive money league. Scooped him up WITH HASTE and of course he’s going off now lol. 

3 minutes ago, JooCraig said:

Somehow he was dropped in what I thought was a competitive money league. Scooped him up WITH HASTE and of course he’s going off now lol. 

$20 leagues arent competitive lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KingDURANTULA said:

$20 leagues arent competitive lol

Lmao while that’s true it was a little bit more $100 

3 hours ago, JooCraig said:

One bad move from a panicky owner doesn't make a league non competitive

Never understood that narrative on this board 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Quazza said:

True, but damn it's hard to defend that rookie move. Even in 2 of those 3 bad games he had 6 assist, 2+ steals, and 1-2 3's. RIP to that guy. 

On 11/10/2018 at 2:59 AM, Quazza said:

It’s a dick measuring contest.  If your league isn’t “competitive” then that means the other person is better than you at fantasy and real life probably too :rolleyes:.  I personally don’t want to play in competitive leagues.  If I had my preference I’d rather play in high buy-in leagues with absolutely ****ful owners.  

• Like 2