scienze

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Are we sleepin' on Marc? I know he had an off year, but the Grizzlies were pretty much playing a team of rookies last year. I believe Mike Conley's return should get him back on track...I was pretty shocked that I got him with just $10 in my auction league (with double doubles being a category, at that).

Am I trippin' for expecting a return to top 30 form?

Unless grizz makes the playoffs, or I wouldn’t bother drafting him due to resting and youth development late in the season, along with Conley. Too much risks to take IMO

45 minutes ago, scienze said:

Are we sleepin' on Marc? I know he had an off year, but the Grizzlies were pretty much playing a team of rookies last year. I believe Mike Conley's return should get him back on track...I was pretty shocked that I got him with just $10 in my auction league (with double doubles being a category, at that).

Am I trippin' for expecting a return to top 30 form?

I'm on board, had a real low fg% last yr which should rise and continues to deliver everywhere else.

Should get more assists and easier shots with Conley back, Kyle Anderson on board and even Parsons looking better. Those out of position assists are incredibly valuable (Joker and Blake are the other 2)

Edited by chaiway

9 hours ago, chaiway said:

I'm on board, had a real low fg% last yr which should rise and continues to deliver everywhere else.

Should get more assists and easier shots with Conley back, Kyle Anderson on board and even Parsons looking better. Those out of position assists are incredibly valuable (Joker and Blake are the other 2)

+ Draymond 

• Like 1

This guy was never in my initial plans but when he fell to me at pick 47 I couldn't resist.

As another poster pointed out, Marc wasn't at his best last season in challenging circumstances. I'm expecting a rebound with better players around him this season (hopefully top 30 but I'll take top 40). Also I wouldn't rule out the Grizz contending for a late playoff spot either.

• Like 1

He played 77 games during a tanking season last year, I don't see him resting this year with a slightly better and healthier team. Won't likely average 33 minutes a game though. 

• Like 1

Came into the season in the best shape I've seen him in for a while, and seem healthy and motivated to get some respect put on the Grizzlies' name. Yeah, there's shutdown risk but I can't draft thinking about that when a guy falls to me in the 50s when he's regularly never left top 40 numbers and has top 30 upside.

14 hours ago, chaiway said:

Don't forget Horford. Pau's overlooked for his assists as well.

6 minutes ago, PauGaSpurs said:

Don't forget Horford. Pau's overlooked for his assists as well.

Agreed on both. 

Dray, Blake, Jokic, Horford, and Marc Gasol all have a chance to average 5+ assists this season which is incredible for C eligible players.  

Bit concerned regarding the whole Memphis and contract situation but he says motivated no matter what to produce for the griz. I think he should be able to get that fg% back up after an off year last season. Hopefully he doesn’t get traded to a contender. 

Edited by Pirate

45 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Bit concerned regarding the whole Memphis and contract situation but he says motivated no matter what to produce for the griz. I think he should be able to get that fg% back up after an off year last season. Hopefully he doesn’t get traded to a contender. 

I believe Marc Gasol has a player option next season. I do want Gasol traded so we don't have to worry about any possibility of rest, but last season he wasn't rested as much though. Now that Grizzles are fully healthy (Conley back), I think Gasol will have a nice season. 

Gasol is the type of player you love.  He doesn't need motivation.  He doesn't need contract.  He was probably pissed they rested him down the stretch last year.  I'd say his game ages well and will continue to be a top 30 type of player for the next two seasons, then probably still top 50 after that.  

• Like 1

Methuselah is a biblical patriarch and a figure in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Having died at the age of 969, he was said to have lived the longest of all figures mentioned in the Bible

as know as

Marc Gasol ! aahahhah :D :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I actually think the Grizzlies are going to be pretty good this year.  They won't be a top 4 team in the West, but it wouldn't shock me to see them sneak into the playoffs.  They essentially add Conley, JJJ, and Anderson to the team, and the 2 deep looks pretty solid.  Mack, Brooks, Parsons, Jamychal are all nice role players.  SG is a concern, but if Selden can step it up then they won't be an easy win.  

• Like 4

wow what a disappointing 1st game

only made threes? he needs to get back to what he does best smh 

3 minutes ago, scienze said:

wow what a disappointing 1st game

only made threes? he needs to get back to what he does best smh 

Agreed, especially against Myles Turner. He got blocked a couple of times which makes the line even worse. I am still hoping he turns it around after a pretty poor offseason as well

12 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

That last game was more like it! I think he only gets better as the season goes on. 

Hopefully, it does seem like most of the offensive runs through him

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PauGaSpurs said:

Please start blocking shots again.. everything else looks good

ask and you shall receive. Marc responded about 1 min in on the kings game

• Like 1
  • Haha 1