scienze

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

32 minutes ago, L3onD said:

omg, please let it be charlotte pleaseee

is there a reason you like charlotte over other teams?  I'm thinking that they only really have Kemba as a high usage player, so there's a lot of touches still for Gasol, and Charlotte has (gulp) better shooters than Memphis, so maybe there's a possibility in uptick in assists.  Also faster tempo / more possessions, so maybe more peripheral stats i.e. an extra rebound or steal here or there.  

Who would charlotte send over in return?  I would guess one of either Bridges or Monk, plus a pick.

Edited by hipriest69

9 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

is there a reason you like charlotte over other teams?  I'm thinking that they only really have Kemba as a high usage player, so there's a lot of touches still for Gasol, and Charlotte has (gulp) better shooters than Memphis, so maybe there's a possibility in uptick in assists.  Also faster tempo / more possessions, so maybe more peripheral stats i.e. an extra rebound or steal here or there.  

Who would charlotte send over in return?  I would guess one of either Bridges or Monk, plus a pick.

Probably zeller too

Edited by DezedandConfused

My preference is for Sacramento then Charlotte. But in reality both are much better situations for Marc ROS so I'd be happy if it was either.

19 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

dwight played really good there, really underrated season, except dwight they really havent had a quality center for years and years, seeing that they are in a playoff race hes going to play bunch of minutes...so thats why i said from the start, either clippers or hornets, hes going to be really valuable there

11 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Is rabb the pick up to make if/when gasol gets traded?

If you're asking you might be too late.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Is rabb the pick up to make if/when gasol gets traded?

Yes...run...or fly...

Edited by dfstout

I just traded Marc yesterday for Ibaka and Joe Harris. Needed more 3 point shooting and better FG%s plus the peripherals kind of even out with the per game avgs. I really wanted to keep him but I chickened out. I didn't have faith in another team taking a 34 year old with a gigantic player option for next season and if he stays in Memphis I can't see him playing every game in the month of March. I'd also be salty if he goes to Charlotte because I have Zeller who I think is only useful if he's the main big man in Charlotte (idk if Memphis would give him run with all the bigs they have if he goes there) and JaVale McGee, who's a cut candidate if an AD trade materializes. The next 40 hours could dig a huge hole for my team at big man. Pray for me, comrades.

As for Marc in Charlotte, Kemba uses a ton of screens from his big men and he's not the passer Conley is so the style of offense will be a change and his touches will definitely go down. I think I saw Marc's eighth or ninth in the league in touches per game a couple weeks ago. I'm sure there'll be plays he runs from the post or in space. Really, if anything changes production wise, probably a dip in scoring, maybe higher rebound numbers because Charlotte doesn't have a lot of rebounders, and lower assists because of a decrease in usage. That's my take

Just now, squid-jesus said:

source?

NBA sources told SN on Tuesday that a potential deal sending the Grizzlies' Marc Gasol to the Hornets is, "probably not" happening. Skepticism on both sides, and no framework in place, despite signs that something was afoot.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

NBA sources told SN on Tuesday that a potential deal sending the Grizzlies' Marc Gasol to the Hornets is, "probably not" happening. Skepticism on both sides, and no framework in place, despite signs that something was afoot.

I believe it, but the fact he sat out tonight is still a little strange. We all know his "hand" issue is not an issue. Oftentimes many trades that end up happening didn't have a whole lot of media attention leading up to them (like KP to the Mavs) so I wonder if theres a mystery team that the Grizz FO is in discussions with or if it was just Charlotte and they thought they were close to making something happen

6 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

I believe it, but the fact he sat out tonight is still a little strange. We all know his "hand" issue is not an issue. Oftentimes many trades that end up happening didn't have a whole lot of media attention leading up to them (like KP to the Mavs) so I wonder if theres a mystery team that the Grizz FO is in discussions with or if it was just Charlotte and they thought they were close to making something happen

or MEM FO jumped the gun again with the disclosure and got cold feet. Again.

12 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

or MEM FO jumped the gun again with the disclosure and got cold feet. Again.

I think if a team got cold feet it'd be the Hornets. Memphis is in a position where they'll probably take on expiring contracts and one or two picks to free up cap room. Maybe Charlotte doesn't think trading a first round pick and a young asset like Monk or Bridges for Gasol would raise their ceiling for the next one to two years by that much

There really is no incentive for the Grizzlies to keep Marc around ROS, or the following season given his sizable player option. They need to make a deal happen. Charlotte and to a lesser extent Sacramento remain the obvious landing spots, or maybe there is another team we haven't heard about.

Been perusing twitter and the coach, Mike Conley, the locker thing, and the fans at the game all made it seem like it's his last game in Memphis. It's gonna be mad awkward if he's still there by Thursday evening

What do you guys think his back-2-backs look like if he lands in CHA? Would be a shame if he's rested still.

6 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

What do you guys think his back-2-backs look like if he lands in CHA? Would be a shame if he's rested still.

If they trade for Gasol, they are all in on a playoff run so I think he should be playing B2Bs

1 minute ago, ghostofathousand_ said:

Gasoline To Toronto...run don’t walk for Ivan?

They're getting back JV, so it's more of a crawl.