scienze

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

On 10/24/2018 at 3:34 PM, tyeee said:

Hopefully, it does seem like most of the offensive runs through him

He gets a lot of hockey assists. Still pretty positive about him, even now at least he’s reliable. Not a guy who has a lot of clunkers

• Like 1

Playing on Saturday. Gotta love how he wants to play every game he can.

Seems to be coming on as well.

• Like 2

Man, he swallowed up Josh Jackson... literally took the ball from him with a block without even jumping.

Gotta appreciate players that just take it straight at your C without a real shot of getting it over them

What a filthy line today (excluding the FT%, yikes). As someone who had faith and drafted Gasol I'm happy with what I'm seeing. He's in great shape, and despite not being as agile as he used to the basketball IQ is there in droves. With Conley back he seems to be playing with added vigour. Grizz also 4-2 and seem intent on making a push.

This guy is top 40 easily if he stays healthy this year. 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2018 at 11:14 PM, DezedandConfused said:

Sell high, Mem gonna tank, lot of rest days ahead

I stand corrected, Mem is actually playing well, I like this team, a mixture of good young and veteran talent. Hope Gasol stays healthy.:D

7 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

I stand corrected, Mem is actually playing well, I like this team, a mixture of good young and veteran talent. Hope Gasol stays healthy.:D

IMO they are a mediocre team at best unless JJJ starts playing better and fouling less. They are pretty weak at the 2/3/4 spots and both Conley and Gasol have to play well for them to win. They have played a fairly soft schedule - Phx, Atl, Sac, Wash, Ind, Uta with the win at Utah as the notable one. 

Gasol does look good, especially with the quick hands and bbiq, the man's a thief

35 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Gasol does look good, especially with the quick hands and bbiq, the man's a thief

He steals the ball from opposing Cs so well with his hands. Elite.

12 hours ago, raaaabz said:

Too late?

I can’t imagine Memphis making the playoff in the west, shut down news will start coming in and it’s going to be hard to sell him. This was the same bs last year, Marc was no where to be found when fantasy playoffs start. Unless u have faith that Memphis is a playoff team then fee free to hold but IMO they won’t make the west playoffs 

1 hour ago, Tyboogie said:

I can’t imagine Memphis making the playoff in the west, shut down news will start coming in and it’s going to be hard to sell him. This was the same bs last year, Marc was no where to be found when fantasy playoffs start. Unless u have faith that Memphis is a playoff team then fee free to hold but IMO they won’t make the west playoffs 

The shut down stuff is overused on these forums. Why would they shut Gasol down again? What are they saving him for? He's 34 on a team that is a LONG way from competing for anything more than playoff births. The Grizzlies were out of playoff contention by the second week of the season and Gasol still went on to play 73/81. 

They're healthy this year. And this organization, like a lot of other small market teams, just want to stay relevant. They may not have enough to be an obvious playoff team, but they certainly have enough to stay relatively competitive.

Edited by tremixt
  • Like 2

Marc Gasol is on his last year of contract and next year is his player option. So I am pretty sure Marc will play and Grizz won't rest him to be on his "good side". Last season, Marc wasn't shut down with Conley out. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tremixt said:

The shut down stuff is overused on these forums. Why would they shut Gasol down again? What are they saving him for? He's 34 on a team that is a LONG way from competing for anything more than playoff births. The Grizzlies were out of playoff contention by the second week of the season and Gasol still went on to play 73/81. 

They're healthy this year. And this organization, like a lot of other small market teams, just want to stay relevant. They may not have enough to be an obvious playoff team, but they certainly have enough to stay relatively competitive.

Yes and no.  In roto if a player misses 10% of the games you can simply deduct 10% of value from that player and still have a solid player.  But in H2H if a player misses 8 games and they all come during fantasy playoffs which causes you to lose that match well....

2 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yes and no.  In roto if a player misses 10% of the games you can simply deduct 10% of value from that player and still have a solid player.  But in H2H if a player misses 8 games and they all come during fantasy playoffs which causes you to lose that match well....

Yeah in h2h playoffs it comes down to having more games played, but I find streaming spots to maximize the games played anyway so not that big of a deal. For example finding a player to stream on the off days (tues/thurs) give u an edge, basically no ones undroppable besides your studs. Also, u need to make the playoffs first :D

29 minutes ago, tremixt said:

I wouldn’t said it if it didn’t happen to me. Memphis weren’t in playoffs picture last year. Marc played 3/4 games in week 22, 2/4 games in week 23, and play prattically 4 games in week 24 which two games he score under 10 points. If u draft someone like him last year in the third round, u expect him to give u that value when u need him the most in the playoffs. Now at the age 34, why would the Memphis run him down when they can develop JJJ and other youngs, they are obviously in rebuild mode once their playoffs run is out of the picture. They can try to stay relevant but they just don’t have enough firepower to compete on the west. I’ll take my chances with guys like Capella/Hordford/even DJ over a 34 years old Marc Gasol. I don’t care how much he plays, I’m saying he will rest when the games matter the most, he can rest all he wants in the start of the season but if the man play 2/4 games in a semi of fantasy, what value is that then

26 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I'm not denying the impact of shut down. I'm saying that Gasol isn't a candidate for shut down. 

• Like 4

Gotta love his out-of-position assist and steal, 3, 5, 4 last 3 games, it's insane. I don't think you need to sell high on him. He will produce. Memphis got nobody. 

Edited by csklmf
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, csklmf said:

Gotta love his out-of-position assist and steal, 3, 5, 4 last 3 games, it's insane. I don't think you need to sell high on him. He will produce. Memphis got nobody. 

Agreed, he also looks healthy and the team is decent, should be a nice push to try to get into the playoffs. The steals are amazing

I also like that he leads the league in front court touches...he's always a relevant part of the offense.  Now we need the blocks to come back...he'll get one of those 8 block games soon...

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

I also like that he leads the league in front court touches...he's always a relevant part of the offense.  Now we need the blocks to come back...he'll get one of those 8 block games soon...

I'm actually kind of annoyed with the steals. Gasol was supposed to be a source of blocks, not steals. False advertising if you ask me!

Grizz were looking like a reasonably competitive team until they lost to the worst team in the NBA today. That loss resides with Marc after a phenomenally insipid performance. As a big man when your shot isn't falling you need to get in the paint. Disappointing. 

5 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Grizz were looking like a reasonably competitive team until they lost to the worst team in the NBA today. That loss resides with Marc after a phenomenally insipid performance. As a big man when your shot isn't falling you need to get in the paint. Disappointing. 

If Conley didn't get into foul trouble they probably would've won.