scienze

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Memphis plays solid basketball, a plethora of great rotation players, one of the best big men in the league, and one of the elite young players in JJJ.  It's actually fun to watch.  I wish I got the over bet in on season wins.  

6 mins in, Dallas is building a fort on 3 of 12 shooting and Marc has inhaled every defensive rebound (7) so far. Go get them boards

Are we considering selling high?

Nothing Gasol's doing is really out of the norm except for the rebounding and the steals.

In any case,  I imagine there's demand in the market for this line right now.

Can I get a "Hell yeah" for us Marc Gasol owners out there for the assist from the NBA refs. 

1.2 seconds left in game. Gasol gets inbound pass. Catches. Pump fakes. Shoots. Clearly NOT fouled but sent to FT line for 2 game winning throws then with 0.7 seconds left on clock (I know, that somehow took 0.5 seconds) goes and completely mugs LMA on his game winner and gets a no call. 

With gasol, Conley, and NBA refs playing great grizzlies basketball those shut down gears get put to bed more and more every game. 

• Like 1

It's awesome. He's currently sitting at 16 per game basis for 9 cat. FG% came back up. Those out-of-position steals and 3ptm are beyond amazing.

23 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Can I get a "Hell yeah" for us Marc Gasol owners out there for the assist from the NBA refs. 

1.2 seconds left in game. Gasol gets inbound pass. Catches. Pump fakes. Shoots. Clearly NOT fouled but sent to FT line for 2 game winning throws then with 0.7 seconds left on clock (I know, that somehow took 0.5 seconds) goes and completely mugs LMA on his game winner and gets a no call. 

With gasol, Conley, and NBA refs playing great grizzlies basketball those shut down gears get put to bed more and more every game. 

they were both fouls 

On 2018-11-20 at 6:53 AM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Nothing Gasol's doing is really out of the norm except for the rebounding and the steals.

If I were a Gasol owner I'd only be selling to mitigate injury/age risk. Old big men are notoriously unreliable.

On 11/20/2018 at 3:53 AM, My Dinner With Andre said:

No but of course it depends on the return.  Right now there's almost no one else out there (outside of AD and Joker) that can really do what he does on any given night.  20 points?  Easy.  15 rebounds?  Got it.  8 assists?  No prob.  5 steals?  Sure.  5 blocks?  Of course.  3 threes?  Yes.  9/10 from the FT.  Just the norm.  

Just now, hipriest69 said:

No but of course it depends on the return.  Right now there's almost no one else out there (outside of AD and Joker) that can really do what he does on any given night.  20 points?  Easy.  15 rebounds?  Got it.  8 assists?  No prob.  5 steals?  Sure.  5 blocks?  Of course.  3 threes?  Yes.  9/10 from the FT.  Just the norm.  

maybe Vucevic:P

• Like 1

In case anyone might have missed it.  

27 points 8 reb 4 ast 2 stl 5 blk  3 threes

zero turnovers

Top 20 season in full effect

• Like 1

Regretted taking him at the end of the 4th round, and have been trying to shop him for more depth, plus I was worried about shutdown/injuries. But I just don't think I can let go of him at this point. Literally won a hopeless match up for me with those 5 blocks :lol:

Edited by raylo

14 minutes ago, raylo said:

Regretted taking him at the end of the 4th round, and have been trying to shop him for more depth, plus I was worried about shutdown/injuries. But I just don't think I can let go of him at this point. Literally won a hopeless match up for me with those 5 blocks :lol:

no way he gets shutdown, last season he played 70+ games and the grizz were straight trash...plus hes a free agent next year

What a tough guy... hurt his ankle stepping on Kawhi's foot, was limping around but came back in right away because it was a close game. 

Hope it doesn't swell up on him

This is from BBM... note the % of games Marc plays in when he's questionable.... 88%

Q Marc Gasol MEM C
10.7h ago
 Questionable Friday @BKN (foot/ankle)
Q%: He's played in 88% of his questionable games (14 of 16)
  • Thanks 1

Think that stuff is over with? What's the likelyhood of those foot issues catching up with him and turning into something that he has to sit out for a few weeks? Interested in picking him up, but dont want to catch the tail end of all that 

52 minutes ago, CBower said:

Think that stuff is over with? What's the likelyhood of those foot issues catching up with him and turning into something that he has to sit out for a few weeks? Interested in picking him up, but dont want to catch the tail end of all that 

Picking him up? Like he's on a wire somewhere? 

I think as long as the grizzlies are winning, he'll gut it out. I'm pretty sure the injury occurred during raps game and he hasn't missed since. 

I think his fear is the same as all teams. While winning these fears are a bit less IMO.