scienze

Marc Gasol 2018-2019 Season Outlook

5 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Although Gasol is a professional who will play hard anywhere he goes, I believe he would be even more motivated with playoff / championship hopes.  

What teams might trade for him?  I heard a rumor of both he and Conley together in a package, but Memphis would probably be able to get more from them separately, unless its a 3 way.

this would make some kind of sense for the clippers, they lack at those two positions give away...trezz, picks and salaries for both of them

Edited by L3onD

he is just what charlotte needs...to be eliminated in the first round in a tight 5 game series

• Haha 2

When I thought I was going to win the assist category tonight then this guy smokes me.

• Like 1

Still have him on the trade block but with a line like this I have no idea what kind of return I can get now...buy low or aim for the stars... sigh... if I keep him my only hope is that he simply plays games. wouldn't mind keeping him if he can put up lines half as good as this playing every game

On 1/22/2019 at 2:40 PM, L3onD said:

this would make some kind of sense for the clippers, they lack at those two positions give away...trezz, picks and salaries for both of them

I think they like Harrell and he's a part of the long term plans unless its for a legit superstar like Kawhi - he's young, still developing, high motor, reasonable salary...don't think they include him, or Shai, which I don't see Memphis dealing Gasol or Conley without one or both of them included.  I still think Sac makes sense for Gasol, if they include Giles and picks.  Hield and Fox are untouchable, and other than Bogdan (who also likely won't be moved) they really have no other assets.  At least imo.  

Back to Gasol, nice line minus the 7 turnovers

2 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I think they like Harrell and he's a part of the long term plans unless its for a legit superstar like Kawhi - he's young, still developing, high motor, reasonable salary...don't think they include him, or Shai, which I don't see Memphis dealing Gasol or Conley without one or both of them included.  I still think Sac makes sense for Gasol, if they include Giles and picks.  Hield and Fox are untouchable, and other than Bogdan (who also likely won't be moved) they really have no other assets.  At least imo.  

Back to Gasol, nice line minus the 7 turnovers

Sac would also be nice but the clippers would be legit with both of them, they would have a monster starting unit

On 1/23/2019 at 10:25 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

Not quite finished yet.

Monster trip-dub for the old man.

Nah, he's not done, but that clock sure is ticking. He was on the board several times for me and I passed him up. Stud in his prime, but I couldn't bring myself to scoop him. Skills still there, it's his body that failing him. And that's natural given his frame. He got old fast! 

Talk that Sac and Detroit are interested. I'd be happy if he landed in Sac, Detroit would be a nightmare if they plan on keeping Blake and Drummond. Both teams have a superb playoff schedule in my league though (11 games compared to only 8 for Memphis).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

Talk that Sac and Detroit are interested. I'd be happy if he landed in Sac, Detroit would be a nightmare if they plan on keeping Blake and Drummond. Both teams have a superb playoff schedule in my league though (11 games compared to only 8 for Memphis).

i would be so mad that a player of his capabilities that can still perform like a fringe all star has to take a backseat on such a s---y team, SAC would be ideal, hes miles ahead of WCS even at 34 yrs of age

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, flat_eric said:

45 minutes ago, L3onD said:

i would be so mad that a player of his capabilities that can still perform like a fringe all star has to take a backseat on such a s---y team, SAC would be ideal, hes miles ahead of WCS even at 34 yrs of age

I think detroit would have to include Drummond in the deal...no?   And include Reggie as a salary dump.  

2 hours ago, L3onD said:

Sac would also be nice but the clippers would be legit with both of them, they would have a monster starting unit

Conley

Bev/Bradley

Harris

Gallo

Gasol

That gets them...2nd round exit?  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Conley

Bev/Bradley

Harris

Gallo

Gasol

That gets them...2nd round exit?  

it all depends where they would end up at the end of regular season...with this team and if they can somehow keep louwill, they could beat everyone in a 7 game series (would be a tight series against OKC) except GSW (no one can beat them)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Forever Smooth said:

Nah, he's not done, but that clock sure is ticking. He was on the board several times for me and I passed him up. Stud in his prime, but I couldn't bring myself to scoop him. Skills still there, it's his body that failing him. And that's natural given his frame. He got old fast! 

I believe he's missed 1 game. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 4:16 AM, L3onD said:

he is just what charlotte needs...to be eliminated in the first round in a tight 5 game series

omg, please let it be charlotte pleaseee

Just got ruled out for tonight’s game. Looks like it’s hsppening. 

someone offered me jimmy butler a week ago and i sold gasol to him. Both studs but kind of regretting it now. Gasol gives a little more verstile game.

5 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

someone offered me jimmy butler a week ago and i sold gasol to him. Both studs but kind of regretting it now. Gasol gives a little more verstile game.

kemba isos a lot so I expect gasol to get less touches