terribleswedes

DeWayne Dedmon 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He's kind of a boring pick at the back end of a draft, but had a pretty solid year and is a good source of big-man FG%, painless FT% and boards late, mainly hurting in points. He even got close to one 3 a game last year.

Problem is he's starting with a foot injury an Alex Len is now in town, where he performed pretty well in the preseason. Can Dedmon have a better year than last, or is he due to decline?

He's good when he's on the floor. The fracture is the main concern, such a big body trying to recover. 

I can see Len playing ALOT this year. 

• Like 4

Has anything changed for the better from last year for Dedmon? Never was a fan of Len, just dropped BroLo for Dedmon kinda hoping for more all around production. 

Picked up Len at 2pm.....dropped Len at 3pm and picked up the DEDMOOOOONNNNNNNNN

Surprised yahoo lets you pick up and drop same day 

Just now, crocp said:

Picked up Len at 2pm.....dropped Len at 3pm and picked up the DEDMOOOOONNNNNNNNN

Surprised yahoo lets you pick up and drop same day 

Not sure of the time limit, but if you pickup and drop a guy close together on Yahoo, he doesn't go to waivers, just returns to the FA pool.

1 minute ago, Highlander23 said:

Not sure of the time limit, but if you pickup and drop a guy close together on Yahoo, he doesn't go to waivers, just returns to the FA pool.

cool...dont care if someone wants Len..lol.

I just needed a Center

What are we projecting for Dewayne Dedmon with Collins still out? I feel like Len isn't really much of a threat to Dedmon as Collins was last year.

Assuming he can get between 25-27 min, perhaps 50%/78% on averages of 11/8/1.5 with 0.8 3pm & 1 block is attainable? 

Edited by aijuswanaseing

13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Is there even a guarantee he gets his starting job back?? 

We dont know...

but this is from rotowire: "Dedmon has been sidelined with an avulsion fracture, but has finally been medically cleared to make his regular season debut. Dedmon is expected to step into the starting center role, which would send Alex Len, who has performed admirably in his place, back to the bench."

5 minutes ago, aijuswanaseing said:

What are we projecting for Dewayne Dedmon with Collins still out? I feel like Len isn't really much of a threat to Dedmon as Collins was last year.

Assuming he can get between 25-27 min, perhaps 50%/78% on averages of 11/8/1.5 with 0.8 3pm & 1 block is attainable? 

That seems reasonable to me.

9 minutes ago, crocp said:

We dont know...

but this is from rotowire: "Dedmon has been sidelined with an avulsion fracture, but has finally been medically cleared to make his regular season debut. Dedmon is expected to step into the starting center role, which would send Alex Len, who has performed admirably in his place, back to the bench."

Yea I don’t see anyone confirming him starting, it’s all speculation. 

10 minutes ago, bmoney0111 said:

Just dropped Dunn for him. Len is not too good so Dedmon will overtake the starting gig.

Last year it took Dedmon a good 20 plus games to get his starting job back. Forgot who was starting over him, but the guy was trash so it’s no given. 

Just now, chud12 said:

Last year it took Dedmon a good 20 plus games to get his starting job back. Forgot who was starting over him, but the guy was trash so it’s no given. 

meh, if if doesnt work out in a week or 2, we drop him..

Who really cares...we got him from the wire for free.

Its worth a shot and anyone who needs a big could strike gold with a nightly double double threat

I’d like to get 11 pts 8 rebs 1 blk and 1 3

trae young excites me the most about Dedmon. Could also see Dedmon doing nothing as well. 

probably gonna be a 20 minutes guy till Collins gets back. enough for low end value but I guess drop city when Collins is healthy. Len + Collins as C in small ball linepus+  that rookie all taking away minutes from Dedmon.

I was a fan of Dedmon last year, curious to see if he can shoot more threes this year to keep up w/ the trend. With Trae at the helm, maybe some corner three kickouts or pnrs. Worth a flier for a couple games, just to see imo

7 minutes ago, thornton1986 said:

Looking good. Time to grab in standard leagues?

Should have dropped Len for him days ago, if you haven’t, what are you waiting for?