terribleswedes

DeWayne Dedmon 2018-2019 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, socal.trades714@yahoo.com said:

I think there's going to be a lot of nights like this..

He's coming back from an INJ and this was the 2nd game of a back to back. Len was also on fire. I would give Dedmon another week.

Foul trouble, back to back and Len was hot. Perfect storm so not going to judge too harshly off one game yet. The blocks potential is too nice.

Whats up with his minutes. Is he eventually going to take over the starting job in Atlanta and is he worth holding on to? 

4 hours ago, Jonno26 said:

Whats up with his minutes. Is he eventually going to take over the starting job in Atlanta and is he worth holding on to? 

He immediatley got into foul trouble last two games. The coach is trying to play him (subs him in for Len around the 9 minute mark) but he’s been immediately racking up fouls as soon as he’s in there . If he can’t get the fouls under control it will be an ongoing problem.

4 games next week, I'm gonna hang onto him through the end of that stretch at the very least. Bet he'll have a couple of good games to earn some minutes by then.

4 minutes ago, fnginobili said:

what is going on with this guy?

Yeah, seriously.

Is he taking these games off for personal reasons like listed, or are they really dialing back his playtime to get the younger guys some run.

Did some snooping around and found out he had his first kid this wk, so would explain why he took those games off.

In case any of you guys in deeper leagues were debating what to do with him. Looks like he’ll back soon. I thought Lloyd was phasing him out of the rotation completely. Should be business as usual, still the one worth owning over Len.

But once Collins comes back it’ll be really interesting to see how the Hawks distributes the front court mins

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

so - he gets the start tonight. Is this a permanent move or just to slow down Drummond?

Not sure if it even matters. Him and Len have been essentially splitting center min. Down the middle all year.  If that changes than I’ll be interested. 

He’s looking like a pickup right now. Tonight’s came will decide that. If he gets 28+ minutes and a serviceable line, I’m running.

7 minutes ago, Cpxaztec said:

He’s looking like a pickup right now. Tonight’s came will decide that. If he gets 28+ minutes and a serviceable line, I’m running.

If Dedmond gets 28+ minutes a night he will have a good line. Problem is I don't think the playing time will be there.

41 minutes ago, Cpxaztec said:

Ding ding! Same here.