TonyRomo

Paul Millsap 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Fantasy friendly game on a fantasy friendly team, but aging and new injury concerns. Got him with 62nd pick and feels like a steal.

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Heard some rumblings out of Denver that the old man can't run with the young Nuggets..

I don’t own him anywhere this year but who in their starting lineup plays defence if not for Millsap? Harris is a good defender but if the Nuggets are thinking about running Lyles as their PF they’re asking to get blown out a lot

I feel like this year Millsap will be a better real life player and locker room presence than in fantasy. He's firmly the 5th option on offense after Jokic, Murray, Harris and Barton. The defensive stats should be there but I wouldn't expect much from a scoring/dime/board standpoint. He's more of a late round guy from this point on.

4 minutes ago, Boogie Buckets said:

I don’t own him anywhere this year but who in their starting lineup plays defence if not for Millsap? Harris is a good defender but if the Nuggets are thinking about running Lyles as their PF they’re asking to get blown out a lot

There's that, and to my knowledge, they're not a track meet team anyway, Jokic is probably slower than Millsap.

Lots of passing and cutting.

I was watching him last night, and he looked like an old man out there. Getting him a 6.69 felt like a steal, but I’m not feeling very good about his ROS outlook based on what I saw last night.

On 10/15/2018 at 3:14 PM, TonyRomo said:

Got him with 62nd pick and feels like a steal.

On 10/16/2018 at 10:29 AM, Walk with me said:

Grabbed him 75th. Hope he becomes a legend

7 minutes ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

Getting him a 6.69 felt like a steal,

Got him at 63 (6.3) in one league and for $9 in another.  Both felt great.  Feel pretty meh now, especially looking at the people who went after him in the snake (Dwight, Lonzo, Mirotic, Lavine, Kanter).  At least we're all in it together.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Got him at 63 (6.3) in one league and for $9 in another.  Both felt great.  Feel pretty meh now, especially looking at the people who went after him in the snake (Dwight, Lonzo, Mirotic, Lavine, Kanter).  At least we're all in it together.

Don't forget about Nurkic and McGee. But it's early, he might turn it around, who knows. Center is such a thin position, and with 2 slots in Yahoo default leagues, if you don't hit on it, your team will struggle. Luckily I got Vooch at 5.52, but McGee got snatched at 9.99, 1 pick before me. I got Cousins, but he's out until 2019 probably. And Favors is a low end option at this point with Crowder there. 

Hopefully Mike Malone will continue to find him minutes. The thing about Denver is that a lot of players get touches. They pass the ball very well. Hopefully this means we will see an increase in assists for Millsap ROS. But the stocks are what make me at least semi hopeful that he'll provide good value ROS. We'll see though. 

Edited by SnackilleOatmeal

This looks like a rant thread now. But based on the productions of Millsap, especially last game, he is losing stats to the young guns.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, litigator said:

This looks like a rant thread now. But based on the productions of Millsap, especially last game, he is losing stats to the young guns.

Definitely heading towards that. Mid-round picks are valuable, so it's frustrating that he's playing mediocre ball. And Lyles is beginning to "Sap" away his minutes. 

Everytime I check his line I’m underwhelmed... hopefully trillsap comes back I’d take 13/6 with 1/1/1 threes , steals and blocks 

• Like 1

Well he turned that around. Must’ve been reading roto forums during the game and seen me talking smack . GJ trill 

• Haha 1

13 and 8 with a steal and block per with a mid 40's FG% and a few 3's now and then ROS maybe

pretty much what i signed up for when i traded for him so im not too upset especially if this is his floor rn, can only go up

44 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Someone find when the last time Millsap didn’t get a rebound was :huh:

Dec 16, 2015 with Atl (he played 24 mins in a blowout win vs Phi)

you’re welcome

• Like 1
  • Haha 1