TonyRomo

Paul Millsap 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I only had one add left this week and could only get Juancho.

As for Thrillsap, man... if it's as bad news as others as saying I feel bad for him.  2nd season in a row he could miss significant time.  I really like what he's done playing alongside Jokic this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

how long does a broken toe heal? I dont think hell be out ros

The only other comparison I can think of is Kevin Love's toe surgery but obviously if this is a break it's completely different.

Edited by gill2k

id expect him to be back in about 6-8weeks, bones generally take about 6 weeks to fully heal, but with best trainers and doctors, id expect him to be around then

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, DaBulls82 said:

I added Juancho and Lyles, not a bad night!

Juan might be great. Adding Lyles at this point might be like adding gout to a bunion (aka, that's bad).

• Haha 1

Just now, calebcjy said:

JUAN DONT WALK

MILLSAP HAD JUAN JOB.

• Haha 2

f---!  I didn't draft him but bought low in a couple of leagues.  I thought I was so smart bc he's been top 50 since I bought him.  From experience, a toe injury takes 6-8 weeks to heal but then you also have to be careful bc it's something that's easy to reinjure.  Pain could last longer than 8 weeks.  So how many games missed does that translate into?  25ish?  

25 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

f---!  I didn't draft him but bought low in a couple of leagues.  I thought I was so smart bc he's been top 50 since I bought him.  From experience, a toe injury takes 6-8 weeks to heal but then you also have to be careful bc it's something that's easy to reinjure.  Pain could last longer than 8 weeks.  So how many games missed does that translate into?  25ish?  

BBM has his projected return on Jan 23 after 20 games, which is at the tail end of the estimate given by Dr.Google of 4-6 weeks.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mihs said:

Tj McBride 

When Gallinari broke his toe, it still took nearly a month for him to return in 2011 and that was the same big toe fracture that Millsap is now dealing with.

Millsap did look to be in a good grove too.  I was just offered Wendell Jr. For Millsap in a points league, and not sure how I feel about it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, charkim said:

Seems he broke his toe. Anyone think he'll come back this season?

tenor.gif?itemid=4990392

Edited by Stefan

8 minutes ago, charkim said:

Seems he broke his toe. Anyone think he'll come back this season?

There are about 50 games left before the fantasy playoffs and my guess is he sits out about half of those.  This seems consistent with what BBM initially projected, which is about 20 games missed.  My main concern is actually how well will he play when he gets back? He was playing top 50 when he got injured which was better than most people expected.  I bought him in two leagues hoping he would maintain that value. 

• Thanks 1

Finally updated his status to indicate he will be out 4-6 weeks which tells us little.  You can google toe injury and it will say 4-6 weeks. I’ve had toe injuries and it took 4-6 weeks to heal with minor lingering pain after that.  4-6 weeks is about 20 games or less.  Honestly not as bad as it could have been.  

How do y'all rate the odds of him getting back to full health and solid production for this season? Also, if I inquire about his value relative to 10-team leagues, then am I veering into AC territory?