TonyRomo

Paul Millsap 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I guess it's a good thing that I wasn't able to activate him from the IR in time to play him.  Tuesday will likely be better though, it's not surprising he would struggle first game back.  

• Like 2

The Kevin Love trade rumors are a little bothersome. Is anyone thinking about trading Millsap or is he a hold? 

19 minutes ago, charkim said:

The Kevin Love trade rumors are a little bothersome. Is anyone thinking about trading Millsap or is he a hold? 

LOL

I'm with you guys. With John Wall injured I had to change my.build a bit. Need to win FG% and I have to manage to get steals as well. Got him for Jarrett Allen.

Haven't been able to follow much of the games so I'm only going off statlines, but what's the story with him? Is the toe still hampering his play? He did return surprisingly early from it, after all. Hope the man can switch it up again.

Watching him play I think he's lost a step.

He's extremely slow on both defense and offense, and doesn't have enough lift to crash the boards.

He will probably get hot once in a while when his jumper is going, but I can't see more than late round value this year, especially how his FT and FG have both declined so rapidly.

4 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Watching him play I think he's lost a step.

He's extremely slow on both defense and offense, and doesn't have enough lift to crash the boards.

He will probably get hot once in a while when his jumper is going, but I can't see more than late round value this year, especially how his FT and FG have both declined so rapidly.

Best FG% since 2012 

FT% yea is staying low after that drop last year but still over 70% at least and was at 73% in 2013-2014 

dont think age has anything to do with his %'s as they arent really being effected all that much compared to his career norms, maybe TS% or something has declined rapidly? or might just be your eye test making you believe his shot is off/no lift which may have some truth as well but hard to trust that analysis 

Or maybe he recently he said his toe is still broken and hes playing through it? Give him time to fully heal. He'll be fine.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:46 AM, HelloMelo said:

Or maybe he recently he said his toe is still broken and hes playing through it? Give him time to fully heal. He'll be fine.

Eeesh, you're right about him needing more time.  Cringe-worthy performance, but it happens to the best of'em.

need more patience on him...just like having Barton or Gary Harris in my squad.

• Like 1

Patience. He was doing well up until the toe fracture and he's probably still working with it. Yes, their frontcourt is packed but Millsap was never going to be a volume guy in Denver. If you drafted him this year, hopefully you didn't swoop him before 7th round.

He's still capable of giving you popcorn stats - occasional three, OK %'s, low TO's, and stocks. I ain't mad those stats. 

• Like 1

Dropped, best of luck to you guys. His minutes have been going lower and lower. His time has passed... R.I.P 

1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

Who can you possibly pick up by dropping Millsap?

Someone who actually produces bro... 

Thomas Bryant, Aminu... I could easily use that spot as a streamer based off of situational needs. Millsap unfortunately doesn't have a spot in Denver his age is starting to show.

I'm just very salty I traded Millsap for Allen several weeks ago. 

Edited by ejaggit
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Thomas Bryant, Aminu... I could easily use that spot as a streamer based off of situational needs. Millsap unfortunately doesn't have a spot in Denver his age is starting to show.

Hmm, I see. Thomas Bryant I can kinda see why. But those two guys' ceiling is basically Milsap's floor. 

You know what your team needs more than I do obviously, so good luck!

39 minutes ago, ejaggit said:

Millsap for the season is ranked 87th,  Bryant 122th, Aminu 92nd. 

It must be very competitive league if these guys are available on WW

I think it is way to early to drop Millsap in competitive leagues

traded him for THJ so he still a smidgen of value left if you find the right owner and maybe package him with a hot Ww add you picked up

4 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

And this is why you dont panic drop lol

jokic didnt play today lol

• Like 1