TonyRomo

Paul Millsap 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Yea was so close to panic dropping but hawd dayum. Hopefully it ll be a start of a good run

Millsap's problem isn't Jokic or usage, but Denver keeps blowing teams out. 

image.png.4a246b3c60b694206d9347d2410e4cfb.png

image.png.23f4d54702b92953fd1a41c4204339b6.png

He's actually having a nice season. His usage is still there and PER is actually highest in 3 years. If Denver stops blowing teams out by 20-30 teams then he will play 28 mins again. Denver is clearly taking it easy on him too since he's playing on a broken/just healed toe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ejaggit said:

Poor guy. He doesn't belong in the starting lineup anymore.

A slight tweak:  "He doesn't belong in your fantasy staring lineup anymore."

I think he does belong in the Denver lineup for sure, only his court presence doesn't seem to be translating well to stats, not to mention he's (most likely) still dealing with the broken toe.  He's the kind of player that I most certainly will not press the panic button on unless I have a clear reason to do so - and that reason already may have been breached for some of you, which is fine and understandable.  But perhaps I'm an optimist, I think his upside is still there, the roster is figuring itself out as all these injured players have merged back in, and they have a lovely playoff schedule.  He may stink it up from here on out, but I can easily see him as a player I regret dropping for a player like Zubac after Millsap turns it up and Zubac gets buried on the bench again.  But yes, who knows?  'Tis the beauty of fantasy.  We live with our choices, and the world just keeps on a spinnin'!

• Like 2

On 1/29/2019 at 2:26 AM, Nica4two said:

A slight tweak:  "He doesn't belong in your fantasy staring lineup anymore."

I think he does belong in the Denver lineup for sure, only his court presence doesn't seem to be translating well to stats, not to mention he's (most likely) still dealing with the broken toe.  He's the kind of player that I most certainly will not press the panic button on unless I have a clear reason to do so - and that reason already may have been breached for some of you, which is fine and understandable.  But perhaps I'm an optimist, I think his upside is still there, the roster is figuring itself out as all these injured players have merged back in, and they have a lovely playoff schedule.  He may stink it up from here on out, but I can easily see him as a player I regret dropping for a player like Zubac after Millsap turns it up and Zubac gets buried on the bench again.  But yes, who knows?  'Tis the beauty of fantasy.  We live with our choices, and the world just keeps on a spinnin'!

In the same vein I just now moved Okafor straight for Millsap. I might 100% regret it or it may be a huge steal. That playoff schedule is huge if he can get going. 

4 minutes ago, megaplayboy said:

if it wasn't for the nice playoff schedule this guy would've been off my team a while ago

Yeah I can't wait for the accumulated 15 pts, 10 boards and 3 steals in 4 games !!! 

• Haha 1

It's painful, but it's close enough to the ASB where I think I can wait in hopes that he is more engaged and has time for the toe injury to heal (assuming that's even a culprit).  But yeah, it's difficult to see all these potential waiver adds (i.e., Isaac) coming into fruition when Millsap gets benched in a tight game.

I wanna drop for Isaac so bad but I just can’t seem to pull the trigger on it. He usually doesn’t hurt you anywhere and his playoff schedule is sweet. This is when you put the phone down and just walk away.

47 minutes ago, Cozie said:

I wanna drop for Isaac so bad but I just can’t seem to pull the trigger on it. He usually doesn’t hurt you anywhere and his playoff schedule is sweet. This is when you put the phone down and just walk away.

Agreed.  This is one of those moments where time slows down, and in a span of about 5 minutes one can convince oneself into performing an action they may regret later.  I would say dropping Millsap for Isaac is a fine example.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

things will get better......right guys? :(

🙏🏼🤞🏼

He literally doesn't even touch the ball on offense, am I right? SMH. I believe I was dead wrong when I said he would be alright earlier. My apologies.

4 hours ago, KDilla35 said:

He literally doesn't even touch the ball on offense, am I right? SMH. I believe I was dead wrong when I said he would be alright earlier. My apologies.

There's still time for you to be right, Mr. KDilla35.  There's still time...

• Like 1

The best trade I've made this season in terms of selling high and buying low was being able to package him with FVV a month into the season for Collins the day before he returned from his ankle injury. At the time I had some regret because of how outstanding he was doing across the board but I could not have timed it any better. For anyone who still has him, throw him in packages and expect other owners to be wary, or have faith in the Rotoworld blurbs and the ever-exclusive great playoffs schedule

10 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

The best trade I've made this season in terms of selling high and buying low was being able to package him with FVV a month into the season for Collins the day before he returned from his ankle injury. At the time I had some regret because of how outstanding he was doing across the board but I could not have timed it any better. For anyone who still has him, throw him in packages and expect other owners to be wary, or have faith in the Rotoworld blurbs and the ever-exclusive great playoffs schedule

Unfortunately I think he's played so poorly as of late that most owners (like myself) will have to wait for him to string a couple good games together.  A seemingly tall order at the moment, but patience is a virtue, my friends.

34 minutes ago, squid-jesus said:

Bizarrely enough, I traded him (for Porter) but then got him back from waivers later on, so I'm both happy with his contribution and frustrated with his contribution, if it makes any sense. Will probably give him time until Caris gets back up to speed to pick it up.

2 hours ago, kobebryant24 said:

this guy has been downright AWFUL for me.... is it time for drop city boys?

2 hours ago, kobebryant24 said:

this guy has been downright AWFUL for me.... is it time for drop city boys?

He was dropped in my league and I've made no plans on picking him up.