tonycpsu

2018-10-15 MNF Game Day SF@GB

Just now, weakkneeswilly said:

Wasn't it Sherman that got called for holding on the final drive? 

Yes

Just a reminder for those blaming the refs, the 49ers were penalized twice for 10 yards and the Packers were penalized six times for 54 yards. I understand the frustration of an iffy call coming in such a crucial part of the game, but no football team commits less than three penalties in a game. It just doesn't happen, even at the highest level.

Giving up 30 points and then enough chunk plays to an offense with no timeouts isn't going to get it done, and you can't really blame the refs for that when you benefited from two penalty calls and losing 10 yards on them. You have to find a way to close it out, even in Lambeau against Rodgers.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Holben said:

Just a reminder for those blaming the refs, the 49ers were penalized twice for 10 yards and the Packers were penalized six times for 54 yards. I understand the frustration of an iffy call coming in such a crucial part of the game, but no football team commits less than three penalties in a game. It just doesn't happen, even at the highest level.

Giving up 30 points and then enough chunk plays to an offense with no timeouts isn't going to get it done, and you can't really blame the refs for that when you benefited from two penalty calls and losing 10 yards on them. You have to find a way to close it out, even in Lambeau against Rodgers.

That interception was an incomplete pass tho

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Anyone know what happened to Alf Morris?

He averaged over a dozen touches a game, and today he has a goose egg?   What the hell is going on?

He got Raheemed.

And my previous comment doesn't even take in the fact that 49ers had a chance to put the game away plenty of times throughout the 3rd and 4th quarters.

1 minute ago, spidybl said:

Mostert looked better than Alf has all year.

So Morris gets 0 .  Nada.

Does not compute.  Was he officially demoted? He was supposed to get the start.   

Just now, weakkneeswilly said:

The Packers got a lot of work to do. 

The Rams might put up 60 against them after the bye.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

How was that not a Rodgers TD? Wild haha I don't even have him FWIW. I've seen screens go backwards count as passing TDs

Oh wow I didn’t realize that was ruled a rushing TD, I need it to stay that way lol.

2 minutes ago, Holben said:

I get that but if that call doesn’t get made, the game goes to OT. That’s literally the biggest call of the game and it was dubious at best. It’s one thing to say a team made mistakes but if that call was normally officiated it would have been OT

• Like 2

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

I get that but if that call doesn’t get made, the game goes to OT. That’s literally the biggest call of the game and it was dubious at best. It’s one thing to say a team made mistakes but if that call was normally officiated it would have been OT

Not to mention the entire oline holding on that Rodgers 20 yard rush. Nfl is becoming a laughing stock

7 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Who cares, it was 3rd down. Ball was getting punted and Packers still had plenty of time. This is assuming they review it and actually find enough evidence to reverse the call (which I don't think there was, when the ball "touched the ground", which was a close call, the ball didn't move).

• Like 1

No one is dumber than Kye Shanahan at clock management. He choked the Superbowl away for the Falcons. Now you have 1:23 on the clock and ticking at GB 46. You have to call a run play to get the clock to :40 and be 3rd and short to a possible 1st down. Instead incomplete pass, the int was as good as a punt and way too much time left for Rogers to do his thing. If there is :25 left on the clock instead of a minute, much different scenario.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

7 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

That was not an interception. Ridiculous 

Meh. Wasn’t enough to overturn. Ground didn’t impact the ball it was secure. Great defense. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Holben said:

Who cares, it was 3rd down. Ball was getting punted and Packers still had plenty of time. This is assuming they review it and actually find enough evidence to reverse the call (which I don't think there was, when the ball "touched the ground", which was a close call, the ball didn't move).

So they actively chose to not review it, because it was 3rd down and they knew the 9ers would punt?

14 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Falcons.

roddy, Julio, Ridley

Driver, Jennings, James Jones, Jordy, Cobb, Davante....

I didn’t have a problem with the call on 3rd down because if a pass was complete, they could ice the game. If it was a pick, it was essentially a punt with 20 more seconds on the clock. If it was anything else, then they punt. Given those choices, I don’t mind them going for the win. 

Check out this replay of the "horrible interception" as people are calling it. 

If you follow that Twitter thread, it's like the third post.

The part where the ball comes closest to the ground is what the refs would've focused on. I see nothing in that replay indicating the ball was actually contacted by the ground. If it were contacted by the ground and he didn't have control, the ball would've moved in his grip slightly. There was no movement by the ball at this point in time. It isn't until after this that he re-secures the catch.

There is not enough evidence to overturn the ruling on the field that the ball actually contacted the ground. It just came really really close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1