machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 hours ago, Krambone said:

Sad to say I had to drop him. Added Ware to avoid the rbbc situation. That said I didn’t get a lot from him in PPR but saw that he could become a factor for some teams down the stretch. I hope I don’t have to play against him.

I guess 20 carries per game is an RBBC. Didn’t realize - going to drop for Malcolm Brown now.

• Haha 2

man his schedule is so insanely good - ATL, KC, TB, LAC - if he lock down this kind of workload ROS he should be a RB1. Really, really pissed I missed out on him by a few freaking FAAB $s.

Middle linebacker Deion Jones is the Falcons' best defensive player.  Sunday will be his first appearance since Week 1.  Keep that in mind when you look at Atlanta's defensive stats.

• Thanks 1

He got banged up, Q for next week.

"Gus Edwards was on last week's injury report with an ankle injury. After a full Friday practice, it looked like his missed Wednesday practice was more maintenance-related than a sign of a worrisome injury. Edwards limped off the field late in the fourth quarter but no replays were shown and there were no clear views of his injury on the broadcast angle. John Harbaugh did not discuss Edwards in the post-game press conference. "

Health permitting, how do you guys rate Edwards vs Chiefs this week? Considering that he’s pretty much exclusively a runner and offers zero to little upside through the receiving game, is he a risk this week (more so in ppr leagues) due to potential negative game flow?

1 hour ago, J Boogie said:

Health permitting, how do you guys rate Edwards vs Chiefs this week? Considering that he’s pretty much exclusively a runner and offers zero to little upside through the receiving game, is he a risk this week (more so in ppr leagues) due to potential negative game flow?

i think he is still going to be fine, the defense should keep them relatively close enough,  let's be honest, BAL has next to a zero chance of winning a sprint with KC, their only chance is going grind out the game and hold onto the ball as long as they can.  this defense is good enough to slow down KC, they won't shut them down but they will slow them down. 

Can someone please explain how the Chiefs are the 2nd or 3rd worst defense against RBs? They always get a quick lead, sometimes even a 2 or 3 score lead early on, which usually forces opponents to abandon the run and play catch-up. At least in games when they didn't face an elite offense. Yet it didn't matter to RB production against them. Usually teams with a great offense and a bad defense are still middle-of-the-pack against RBs, since opponents are forced to play catch-up sooner rather than later. Don't understand the logic here.

I feel good about the matchup for Gus. Or Dixon if Gus sits. However, I'm afraid that they will play from behind and this turns into a TyMont PPR party. While the Ravens D is pretty good, nobody can really stop Mahomes and the Chiefs. Not in this era, not with these rules. No doubt the Ravens can score on the Chiefs, but no way Lamar (or Flacco) can keep up with Mahomes.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Can someone please explain how the Chiefs are the 2nd or 3rd worst defense against RBs? They always get a quick lead, sometimes even a 2 or 3 score lead early on, which usually forces opponents to abandon the run and play catch-up. At least in games when they didn't face an elite offense. Yet it didn't matter to RB production against them. Usually teams with a great offense and a bad defense are still middle-of-the-pack against RBs, since opponents are forced to play catch-up sooner rather than later. Don't understand the logic here.

I feel good about the matchup for Gus. Or Dixon if Gus sits. However, I'm afraid that they will play from behind and this turns into a TyMont PPR party. While the Ravens D is pretty good, nobody can really stop Mahomes and the Chiefs. Not in this era, not with these rules. No doubt the Ravens can score on the Chiefs, but no way Lamar (or Flacco) can keep up with Mahomes.

i don't think they will be that far behind and if they are that far down to force to have to pass, throwing to Monte isn't going to get the job done to catch up anyways.  BAL is good enough to to slow down KC, they will be running with either Edwards or Dixon to play keep away early in this game, as long as we aren't looking at 30-3 at half time i think the running game will remain relevant.  especially with Jackson in there and not Flacco. 

Anyone rolling with Gus the Bus? I think I have to play him in my flex w/Kerryon still out. I've seen him ranked as high as 14 for RB's this week. Hopefully he can score a TD as that would really help his floor. What do you guys think?

30 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone rolling with Gus the Bus? I think I have to play him in my flex w/Kerryon still out. I've seen him ranked as high as 14 for RB's this week. Hopefully he can score a TD as that would really help his floor. What do you guys think?

I am sitting him, one because of BYE and another (PPR) because of I am putting Wilson and White in at my 2 flex spots...

He's a solid play this week though, just hard in PPR because he pretty much needs to score to put up a good line.

KC rates lowly against the run, but they are getting healthier on D. They have the speed on D to hold the edge against the option plays that Lamar will operate with...also it is not hard to envision a scenario where KC scores a bunch at home and makes it a poor game script for BAL to do what they want--run, run and run more.

On 12/7/2018 at 6:20 AM, RoseLin23 said:

I think he will have solid yardage. Which makes him a good floor RB2. But scoring a TD or two is the mystery. It is a nice matchup. I can't start him this week in standard though. I like Mixon, Chubb, and Lamar Miller all more this week.

Atlanta is great match up for RBs and he had ~9 points in PPR last week.

I'm benching him in PPR for Drake.  He doesn't get targeted and if KC goes up two scores I think it turns into a Montgomery game.

• Like 2

Good matchup ?!

with him , white, ware and wilson jr i don’t know...

• Haha 1

I'm tending towards starting Gus over Ware. Usually I'm going with matchup over gameflow, because the latter is more volatile. When looking at matchups, Gus' has a top 3 matchup while Ware has the worst.

However, if Flacco is active I'm sure I will question my call again. I don't think Flacco has even played a snap with Gus. Not that this doesn't even matter. Because if the Ravens fall behind early and Flacco enters the game in the 2nd or 3rd quarter to air it out, Gus won't be in the game.

46 minutes ago, frog34 said:

I'm tending towards starting Gus over Ware. Usually I'm going with matchup over gameflow, because the latter is more volatile. When looking at matchups, Gus' has a top 3 matchup while Ware has the worst.

However, if Flacco is active I'm sure I will question my call again. I don't think Flacco has even played a snap with Gus. Not that this doesn't even matter. Because if the Ravens fall behind early and Flacco enters the game in the 2nd or 3rd quarter to air it out, Gus won't be in the game.

I’m kind of going with this logic as well. Going with Ingram in the fear that Gus gets more limited work due to game flow. 

Flacco out. So the Lamar-Gus show is on again. In reality this is their only chance to win this game: Run the read option and burn the clock.

Flacco wouldn't have been able to keep up with Mahomes anyway if the Chiefs pull away early.

He’s a tough sit for me, but with the game at Arrowhead and LJ still a inexperienced QB I think it could get out of hand fairly quickly. Since Gus isn’t used at all in the passing game, Ty and Dixon could wind up getting a little more run in the 2nd half IMO.

Okkkkk Gus the Bus !! 

Fire him up boys, fearlessly forecasting

121 yards and a TD

Too quiet in here. While Dixon is the talk of the town, Gus still got more carries. This is a run heavy team that produces high rushing numbers thanks to Lamar's legs opening up space straight up the gut where Gus excels. Rain forecast against a TB D that bleeds points to RBs even when the sun is shining, especially on the road. Since Gus became the starter, he got at least 15 touches with a solid ypc. He's picking up tough yards all the time, never gets tackled for a loss. Good bet for 100/1 this week. Can't deny that Dixon's snap/touch count is rising, but Gus still holds the lead RB gig with Lamar running the show. I'm torn between Gus vs Dixon, but trending towards Gus for above reasons.

• Like 2