machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

7 hours ago, frog34 said:

Too quiet in here. While Dixon is the talk of the town, Gus still got more carries. This is a run heavy team that produces high rushing numbers thanks to Lamar's legs opening up space straight up the gut where Gus excels. Rain forecast against a TB D that bleeds points to RBs even when the sun is shining, especially on the road. Since Gus became the starter, he got at least 15 touches with a solid ypc. He's picking up tough yards all the time, never gets tackled for a loss. Good bet for 100/1 this week. Can't deny that Dixon's snap/touch count is rising, but Gus still holds the lead RB gig with Lamar running the show. I'm torn between Gus vs Dixon, but trending towards Gus for above reasons.

I think a case could be made to start both and they each still eat.

I need loads of points. Boatloads. Shedloads. Come on Gus! 80 yd and a TD isn't too much to ask, is it?

(It probably is... But it would be really nice.)

7 hours ago, FootyFan said:

I think a case could be made to start both and they each still eat.

That’s an interesting strategy. I own both and right now I have David Johnson and marlon mack starting over both of them. I started Damien Williams so I have a lead built up right now. I think one or both of the Baltimore rbs should have a good game with at least one scoring a td or two. Would it be crazy to start both over these two? 

I’m contemplating the same thing.  Right now it’s Ingram or one of them.  Or sit Ingram.  I have to think this week is a 50/50 split in touches

14 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

I need loads of points. Boatloads. Shedloads. Come on Gus! 80 yd and a TD isn't too much to ask, is it?

(It probably is... But it would be really nice.)

It wasn't. Thank you Gussie!!

Im starting gus as i have not many options, chargers stink on the ground

Any chance they get this guy involved in the passing game? I’m in PPR with a Gimpy Gurley!

2 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Any chance they get this guy involved in the passing game? I’m in PPR with a Gimpy Gurley!

you want the Kenneth Dixon thread ... or Kenneth Dixon, himself. 

25 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

you want the Kenneth Dixon thread ... or Kenneth Dixon, himself. 

I know, but Gus’s numbers are still so much better, even in PPR..

Gameplan here concerns me greatly.

Chargers go up a couple of scores, then Gus is out of the game unless they claw it back.

4 minutes ago, steevio_uk said:

Chargers go up a couple of scores, then Gus is out of the game unless they claw it back.

I'm not sure this is true. Ravens play at such a fast pace, they can move down the field just as quickly running as they would passing. Relative to the rest of the league, that is. Plus, their passing game sucks. 

6 minutes ago, steevio_uk said:

Chargers aren’t going up a couple scores on that defense 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, steevio_uk said:

The same thing was said when the Ravens played the Chiefs. Too hard to predict how a game will play out.

Gus or Sony in standard?  Leaning Sony since they play Buf at home with expected positive gamescript. 

Edited by JediMasters
  • Thanks 1

On 12/20/2018 at 11:37 AM, JediMasters said:

Gus or Sony in standard?  Leaning Sony since they play Buf at home with expected positive gamescript. 

Doesn't Gus have a more secure workload?

Sony has become a TD dependent back whose TDs now get vultured and whose presence on the field telegraphs a run play.

Edited by Proteus

1 hour ago, blairkiel said:

No Gus love this week? 

I have to start him

i like his chances, anyone else? 

I've started him every game since I grabbed him off waivers after his breakout game. Ever since then, he's been decent to good as my flex. I think because of Baltimore's game-plan of controlling the ball with running and solid defense, he's good for 15+ touches which is pretty solid IMO for a running back as your flex. He's averaged 19 touches/game in his last five.

And I like to stick with what got me to the championship instead of making lineup tweaks at this point. Other than having to replace Josh Gordon, my lineup has been consistent towards the end of the year and throughout the playoffs. One year I lost in the championship due to last-minute overthinking decisions and it cost me. Now, I just go with my gut and keep rolling the lineup out there that's been producing.

I’m letting him rip in a 0.5ppr 12 man league. I have Gurley in at flex for C.J. If he can’t go tomorrow but I’ve decided to let Gus take me to glory over barber, blue, and ballage. Just had Henry produce what he was projected on ESPN.

Give me the the guy who is only trailing Zeke for carries these past few weeks and in the run heaviest offense in the NFL. 

To glory, Gus!!!

Honestly, a great effort from Gus...

What. the. HECK. was. Harbaugh. THINKING!???!!

Kenneth Dixon running around out there like he has the longest leash in the NFL. I cannot believe they did Gus like that. Perfect game script and somehow Gus gets his lowest amount of touches as a starter.

Best of luck to everyone in their run for championship glory B)