machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Interesting note from @PFF: RB Gus Edwards led all runnings backs in Week 11 with a 251.9 elusive rating, forcing eight missed tackles and averaging 5.35 yards after contact per attempt. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

Interesting note from @PFF: RB Gus Edwards led all runnings backs in Week 11 with a 251.9 elusive rating, forcing eight missed tackles and averaging 5.35 yards after contact per attempt. 

Interesting phenomenon i sports where the guy in practice and doing drills looks very average but on game day is able to take it up another level to where coaches are puzzled as to why can't they practice the same way

Edited by dashoe

There is no good reason why he shouldn't at least get a crack at taking the lead back role. He totaled 115 yards in a season where Collins' absolute best effort netted 68. 

37 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

Watching his carries, he's not super quick or making crazy moves, but he has a sly little side step that allows him to keep moving north/south. Nothing fancy, strong big dude who pounds the ball and falls forward. Could be a good game against Raiders if they get a solid lead. After that, who knows ROS.

33 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Interesting phenomenon i sports where the guy in practice and doing drills looks very average but on game day is able to take it up another level to where coaches are puzzled as to why can't they practice the same way

I was a game day guy (as a player). Don't get me wrong, still practiced hard but practice was more about staying in shape and preparing mentally for the next game. "Practice, we talkin' 'bout practice?!" :D

Game tape is the true evaluation of a player.

• Like 1

His running style reminds me of marshawn Lynch. He has the same choppy side to side footwork which made Lynch so elusive. Not saying he is as good as Lynch but I can see him in him. 

I'm on the Gus Bus.  The Raiders can't stop anything so I fully expect them to give up 200+ yards rushing between Jackson and the RB's.

• Like 2

I'm all aboard the Gus Bus. Not starting him though.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, afl5013 said:

Did you watch the game at all? He looked great on Sunday, which to me means more than any of his college stats. He gets a horrible Raiders defense this week and if he gets the first shot (which all signs are pointing to him getting), he may run away with the job and never look back. 

I'm not saying he's going to be an all time great or even the starter next season, but he definitely has a good shot at producing RB2 value ROS. 

Sounds like Justin Forsett...was it two, three years ago?

Just punched my ticket on the Gus Bus!

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

Ahhh, no, then you are not 'on board'

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

My quick observation on this situation. Frankly, I think Harbs is done with Collins and it sounded like in the post game press conference he was unhappy with how Collins and needed a north south runner with some skill. Collins has done nothing this season to make me think he is anything more than just another guy. Ravens will roll with Gus over Collins, Collins will be on a different team next season. As of right now this is the Gus Bus backfield.

That said, keep an eye on the Kenneth Dixon situation. This Ravens continue to really like him and he is designated to return.

7 minutes ago, metalmat said:

My quick observation on this situation. Frankly, I think Harbs is done with Collins and it sounded like in the post game press conference he was unhappy with how Collins and needed a north south runner with some skill. Collins has done nothing this season to make me think he is anything more than just another guy. Ravens will roll with Gus over Collins, Collins will be on a different team next season. As of right now this is the Gus Bus backfield.

That said, keep an eye on the Kenneth Dixon situation. This Ravens continue to really like him and he is designated to return.

Harbaugh never trusted Collins this year due to his fumbling. Allen had a shot to usurp him but he just sucked with his touches.

Have kept Collins on my bench this whole time only due to the schedule for playoffs. Now Gus will take over and has an awesome schedule. Could be a rb2 moving forward. Missed him on waivers. Going to wait until this week for clarity, but dropping Collins seems likely now.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, devaster said:

You’ve punched your ticket but you’re still sitting in the Gus Bus terminal. 

• Like 1

Lamar jackson said they're gonna throw the ball this week against the raiders. The receivers are not here to block. We're gnna air it out. Fantasy impact on gus? 

2 minutes ago, Swagitude said:

Lamar jackson said they're gonna throw the ball this week against the raiders. The receivers are not here to block. We're gnna air it out. Fantasy impact on gus? 

Party line. Coach speak. Trying to get less men in the box so Lamar and Gus can run more. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Swagitude said:

Baltimore wants to run the ball and play defense. I’d have no problem playing Gus this week. Should have a positive game script. Only gamble is Harbaugh continuing to commit to him as his RB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Alex Collins on injury report. 

giphy.gif

Edited by RoseLin23