machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Lol rw and the next guy up is 100. Oak a great spot tho. Hopefully he doesn’t hurt me too much this weekend

Edited by Zekepeak86

53 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Lol rw and the next guy up is 100. Oak a great spot tho. Hopefully he doesn’t hurt me too much this weekend

20 carries for Montgomery inc :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I like Gus as a Ravens fan, but to play devils advocate, Kenneth Dixon could be activated and be a problem..

15 minutes ago, ImthenewGoff said:

I like Gus as a Ravens fan, but to play devils advocate, Kenneth Dixon could be activated and be a problem..

Dixon has practiced once or twice and they have 4 healthy RBs. Highly doubt he has an impact but with JH I guess anything is possible.

20 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

RB1 RoS

Can we trust harbaugh and assume  he won't hot hand this backfield of Gus-collins-monty-buck-dixon ROS?

2 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

So who's starting Gus the bus?

In DFS yes, just hope he does not turn into Gus the Rust.

12 minutes ago, metalmat said:

In DFS yes, just hope he does not turn into Gus the Bus-t.

FTFY..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm gonna be actively monitoring Alex Collins. 

If he's inactive Gus starts for me.

If he's active I'm going to bench and likely regret it. 

I think the Ravens want a bell cow, but haven't found anyone they could ever trust. 

I think Collins has great ball skills, but hasn't been able to shake his fumbling problem since college. 

Buck has never been good, but been dependable... Until he started fumbling. 

I think they want someone new to step up and want to give Gus his chance. I'm in a must win this week and it's too late in the season to take huge risks for me unless I have assurances his main competition is out. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

I'm gonna be actively monitoring Alex Collins. 

If he's inactive Gus starts for me.

If he's active I'm going to bench and likely regret it. 

I think the Ravens want a bell cow, but haven't found anyone they could ever trust. 

I think Collins has great ball skills, but hasn't been able to shake his fumbling problem since college. 

Buck has never been good, but been dependable... Until he started fumbling. 

I think they want someone new to step up and want to give Gus his chance. I'm in a must win this week and it's too late in the season to take huge risks for me unless I have assurances his main competition is out. 

I think Collins is better in tights than he is in a football uniform.

Fire him up as an RB2.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

I think Collins is better in tights than he is in a football uniform.

Lol. I respect his Irish river dancing skills. 

I think he's honestly a great RB, but you gotta be next level elite to get away with all those fumbles before coaching staff turns on you. 

9 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol. I respect his Irish river dancing skills. 

I think he's honestly a great RB, but you gotta be next level elite to get away with all those fumbles before coaching staff turns on you. 

I mean in edwards first real opportunity he obliterated anything Collins has done all season. I believe Collins best game was like 18 for 68.. 

23 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

I mean in edwards first real opportunity he obliterated anything Collins has done all season. I believe Collins best game was like 18 for 68.. 

That's fair, but I will say I've watched him quite a bit and he's often given limited opportunities and on top of that put in a lot of tough yardage situations. 

He would always convert those 3rd and shorts with loaded boxes and always found the end zone when given opportunity at goal line. That's not easy to do. 

Those 3rd and long draws really boost a RB's YPC and he was given 0 of those from what I saw. 

Joe Flacco never did him any favors either as defenses were never spread thin and he'd always have to fight through like the whole defense to get to the 2nd level. 

Man if this guy gets the job full time he could really win some leagues. His schedule rest of the way is super easy. 

• Like 1

Alex Collins practiced in full on Friday -- anyone rolling him out there without the uncertainty of him starting or split carries ? 

Edited by Leopard
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Leopard said:

Alex Collins practiced in full on Friday -- 

orly?  i saw limited - Collins has been relegated to Palookaville.  

next. 

I could have picked this guy up off of waivers, but opted for Josh Adams instead. Gus is a big strong back but he looks kinda slow and doesn't have a lot of agility. Don't forget his last game was against the lowly Bengal's defense. I might be wrong, but I don't think he is gonna tear it up  like a lot of other people do. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, nimzox said:

Don't forget his last game was against the lowly Bengal's defense. 

GREAT POINT, THINGS WILL BE SOOOOO MUCH TOUGHER VS. THE VAUNTED RAIDERS DEFENSE THIS WEEK - THEY SCARY GOOD!!1!1111!1!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nimzox said:

I could have picked this guy up off of waivers, but opted for Josh Adams instead. Gus is a big strong back but he looks kinda slow and doesn't have a lot of agility. Don't forget his last game was against the lowly Bengal's defense. I might be wrong, but I don't think he is gonna tear it up  like a lot of other people do. 

OAK D is worse than CIN

• Like 3

You guys are definitely right about his Oakland matchup for sure. I just don't see him living up to all the hype ROS. I think he is going to disappoint a lot of people.

Edited by nimzox