machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

1 hour ago, nimzox said:

I could have picked this guy up off of waivers, but opted for Josh Adams instead. Gus is a big strong back but he looks kinda slow and doesn't have a lot of agility. Don't forget his last game was against the lowly Bengal's defense. I might be wrong, but I don't think he is gonna tear it up  like a lot of other people do. 

The only risk with Gus if he starts is Harbaugh.

Week 9 Gus fumbled the ball and harbaugh sat him  the rest of the game.

Harbaugh can be a hardazz 

Edited by dashoe

11 hours ago, dashoe said:

Gus hasnt fumbled all season

12 hours ago, dashoe said:

None of the Raven's RB fumbled week 9. Collins has the most so far this season at 3 and Buck Allen has 1. None of which were in week 9. Gus hasn't even been involved much until last week, which was their first game after the bye.

And Harbaugh has gone back to Collins all season despite the fumbling. Probably because he didn't have any other options.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dakimbell said:

Gus hasnt fumbled all season

14 minutes ago, devaster said:

None of the Raven's RB fumbled week 9. Collins has the most so far this season at 3 and Buck Allen has 1. None of which were in week 9. Gus hasn't even been involved much until last week, which was their first game after the bye.

And Harbaugh has gone back to Collins all season despite the fumbling. Probably because he didn't have any other options.

I'm not going to bother watching the replay but I remember 1st qtr  in the 1st or second series Gus was in Lamar handoffs to him he fumbles and recovers the ball and  he didnt get another touch for the rest of the game. Harbaugh benched him. I'm pretty confident that's what i saw but hey I could be wrong. 

3 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm not going to bother watching the replay but I remember 1st qtr  in the 1st or second series Gus was in Lamar handoffs to him he fumbles and recovers the ball and  he didnt get another touch for the rest of the game. Harbaugh benched him. I'm pretty confident that's what i saw but hey I could be wrong. 

I couldnt be more sure that you are wrong, in fact, I looked it up and for the season Gus has 0 fumbles, 0 fumbles lost. Now maybe he fumbled on a play that got called back due to a penalty, but he has 0 official fumbles on the season

Edited by dakimbell
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaGu00/rushing-plays/2018/

Do you refer to:

Ravens Steelers 1 13:27 1 10 PIT 44 0-0 Lamar Jackson for no gain. Lamar Jackson fumbles, recovered by Gus Edwards at PIT-47
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/EdwaGu00/rushing-plays/2018/

Do you refer to:

Ravens Steelers 1 13:27 1 10 PIT 44 0-0 Lamar Jackson for no gain. Lamar Jackson fumbles, recovered by Gus Edwards at PIT-47

Nice  find sir you are a regular Sherlock Holmes!

The devils in the details. . so Lamar gets the fumble and Gus gets the bench. . :lol:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Nice  find sir you are a regular Sherlock Holmes!

The devils in the details. . so Lamar gets the fumble and Gus gets the bench. . :lol:

I tried to find the play but couldn't (it's not in the YouTube summary). I guess a failed hand-off can go either way?

38 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I tried to find the play but couldn't (it's not in the YouTube summary). I guess a failed hand-off can go either way?

Finally got it - no way that's a Jackson fumble. That is clearly on Gus for me.

Exit: Ok I looked it up and the last player to have possession gets the fumble - which in this case is Jackson. But if I'm the coach, I know who I'm shouting at (especially between a first round future of the franchise and an undrafted expendable).

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

I know a thing or two about the read option and Lamar was too late to pull his hands out, causing the fumble. Executing the read option isn't as easy as it seems. As a QB you must keep your eyes on the edge rusher, while executing a handoff or a fake simultaneously. Being in sync with your RB is key, but Lamar saw the OLB flying on him unblocked and forgot about executing the handoff properly. His hands should've been nowhere near the ball when the fumble happened.

Btw great reaction by the Gus Bus to turn on a dime and pick it back up.

Edited by frog34
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

Collins out

all aboard the Gus Bus

Source??

1 minute ago, RoseLin23 said:

Source??

ROTOWORLD

Alex Collins - RB - Ravens

Alex Collins (foot) will not play Sunday against the Raiders.

Collins' inactivity is a surprise after he practiced fully on Friday and NFL Network reported Sunday morning that he would play. Instead, rookie Gus "The Bus" Edwards will start.
Edited by Golden Spikes

1 minute ago, clarkevii said:

30 Carries / 150 Yards / 2 TDs

BOOK IT

Where does Gus rank this week with this news in everyone’s mind?

Just now, wh3931110 said:

Where does Gus rank this week with this news in everyone’s mind?

I’d take the under on 110 yards. I’d take the over on .4 chance to score

The Gus Bus is about to leave the station..... ALLLLL ABBOOOARD!!!!

CHOOOOO CHOOOOOO