machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Hmm. . .  Brieda-Gus-Mixon and can only play 2 . . .  it so tempting to go for the lamar+Gus stack but I have to pass in ppr scoring. . .:)

I want t plug him in against OAK  and watch him rumble n a run heavy game. You have to figure he' going to get  15 - 20 touches with all of the gl work

I was leaning towards starting Josh Adams with the news out of Philly, but with no Collins I'm starting Gus the Bus easy! Raiders will rush for 250+ at least vs this college team who has everyone planning their off-season vacations. Collins was the only guy I was worried about by starting Gus. But he gone!

Anyone know if Gus can catch out of the backfield? Did he do that at Rutgers?

omg the hype train!!! or in this case hype bus. was debating starting him over lamar miller and now I don't think there is any doubt

Edited by spidybl

9 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

He did but only like 10 passes final years.

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Hmm. . .  Brieda-Gus-Mixon and can only play 2 . . .  it so tempting to go for the lamar+Gus stack but I have to pass in ppr scoring. . .:)

I want t plug him in against OAK  and watch him rumble n a run heavy game. You have to figure he' going to get  15 - 20 touches with all of the gl work

Im starting him over Aaron Jones.. I think with this news I put him in a similar category as Jones and Brieda. I think I’d rank Brieda ahead of him this week, but it’s close. 

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

oNpaMZC.jpg?1

Lets gooooo , kids a stud  ... Gus the freakin Bus ! Fearlessy forecasting 14 rushes for 89 yards 1 rush TD , 2 receptions for 19 yards 0 rec TD 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wh3931110 said:

Im starting him over Aaron Jones.. I think with this news I put him in a similar category as Jones and Brieda. I think I’d rank Brieda ahead of him this week, but it’s close. 

I dont know if thats ballsy or just dumb

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I dont know if thats ballsy or just dumb

I’ve seen multiple commentators move Gus up to top 15 RB play now. Jones is closer to top 20 in most rankings. 

Long term I’d rather have Jones, but this week I’ll go with Gus

1 minute ago, wh3931110 said:

I’ve seen multiple commentators move Gus up to top 15 RB play now. Jones is closer to top 20 in most rankings. 

thats just called over thinking imo

Jones has been a top 10 since taking over and has feasted

I would want to start both, but if I could only start one, I am still going with the proven

5 minutes ago, wh3931110 said:

Jones has been inside top 15 in every ranking I’ve seen no? 

34 minutes ago, konstao said:

jesus .... i'll have to start the BUS over sony michel

Same dilemma but it's between Gus, Adams, and Michel. 

5 minutes ago, Nashville10ac said:

Same dilemma but it's between Gus, Adams, and Michel. 

I would sit Adams there, more shananagins in Philly

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Jones has been inside top 15 in every ranking I’ve seen no? 

The average composite I have for him based on sites I use puts him at 17. But since this the Gus thread don’t want to derail it.

i think they are both top 15 plays and I just prefer the game plan and opponent of Gus better 

• Confused 1

Just now, wh3931110 said:

The average composite I have for him based on sites I use puts him at 17. But since this the Gus thread don’t want to derail it.

i think they are both top 15 plays and I just prefer the game plan and opponent of Gus better 

I’ve seen him no lower than 14. Anyways Gus should do well.

cincy is actually worse than the raiders on the ground in tds yards and most other stats. I’d say Gus goes 17/107/1

24 minutes ago, wh3931110 said:

Same rankings that had Mahomes as the QB 22 this year.........?

2 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Same rankings that had Mahomes as the QB 22 this year.........?

Lol just look at even the updates ESPN rankings.  Long term outlook and this week only are completely different discussions. Jones hasn’t touched the ball more than 15 times and gets a tough Vikings defense.

Gus gets the raiders defense and is paired with Lamar Jackson... I like both players!! I’m saying I would rank them comparable, and if you think that’s outrageous, well, I’ll be here after the game to either eat crow or not.

Gus is a top 15 play this week and I rank him above Jones this week, although also a top 15 play.

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

If he can catch or not, I don't think it'll matter much if his QB only completes like 5-10 passes. 

I bet he catches 1 pass though for a few yards. 

Just now, cordovahi said:

Starting gus over mixon today. Ahhhhh

I have both and i just can't do it. .  . gotta stay on the pain train with Mixon :lol:

Ravens found their starter with Jackson at QB. If Flacco returns it may not be as easy for Gus though. Solid RB2 going forward in standard with Lamar Jackson at QB.

• Like 3

Nice yardage, but runni qbs suck stats from everyone. Goal line may be a problem for Gus as long as Jackson is qb.