machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

4 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Nice yardage, but runni qbs suck stats from everyone. Goal line may be a problem for Gus as long as Jackson is qb. 

Running lanes will be far better with Lamar Jackson though. And he will get opportunities to score inside the 5.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Full steam ahead!  He'll be replacing Ingram from here on out.  GUS BUS!

23 minutes ago, devaster said:

Running lanes will be far better with Lamar Jackson though. And he will get opportunities to score inside the 5.

This is so true, while lamar will inevitably vulcher some TD's the running game is much easier with Lamar at QB

two stolen/lost possessions as well with the Baltimore D/ST scores ... Bus and Lamar could've done much more damage. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

two stolen/lost possessions as well with the Baltimore D/ST scores ... Bus and Lamar could've done much more damage. 

This , are you also refering to the goal line carry that went back on a penalty. Gus could've easily had a TD today

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

Anyone worried about the carries Ty Montgomery was getting late in the game, or do you think they were just resting Gus at that point since the game was basically over?

1 hour ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Anyone worried about the carries Ty Montgomery was getting late in the game, or do you think they were just resting Gus at that point since the game was basically over?

It looked like Ty was in on mostly passing situations or to give Gus a breather. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about those carries towards the end.  

• Thanks 1

This dude is a load, just seemingly pile drives his way to at least 5 yards a run, 

he is perfect complement to LJ in this offense.. 

12 hours ago, RunCMC said:

This , are you also refering to the goal line carry that went back on a penalty. Gus could've easily had a TD today

yeah, forgot about that one ... first and goal from the three, then the false start ... wound up kicking a fg, iirc

Solid RB2 ROS

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

My only worry here is Alex Collins. Will he come in and steal carries? 

At this point Dixon returning would be a bigger worry. And that says a lot. So no worry at all.

When was the last time a Ravens RB got 40 carries in 2 weeks and rushed for over 100 yards each game? Probably Ray Rice in his prime. Gus The Bus is here to stay!

55 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

My only worry here is Alex Collins. Will he come in and steal carries? 

as long as Lamar is QB the Bus will rumble.  Collins was a pipe dream coming into this season, and he's now been exposed as the fraud he truly is  ... a healthy scratch yesterday?  if that doesn't tell you all you need to know then i dunno wtf else to tell ya.

Just now, pastorofmuppets2 said:

as long as Lamar is QB the Bus will rumble.  Collins was a pipe dream coming into this season, and he's now been exposed as the fraud he truly is  ... a healthy scratch yesterday?  if that doesn't tell you all you need to know then i dunno wtf else to tell ya.

I agree. But unfortunately our opinions don't matter. What does Harbaugh think? That's my question. Some  coaches will just flat out bench guys instantly. But others will slowly faze guys out. Don't want Collins to come back next week and get 10 touches or something. Hopefully Harbaugh will address the situation before game time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kaii23 said:

I agree. But unfortunately our opinions don't matter. What does Harbaugh think? That's my question. Some  coaches will just flat out bench guys instantly. But others will slowly faze guys out. Don't want Collins to come back next week and get 10 touches or something. Hopefully Harbaugh will address the situation before game time. 

Collins?  really?  

it's donezo for him. 

if you are concerned about touches, it should be TyMont or Dixon, especially  if Flacco returns.

4 minutes ago, Jubanton said:

tymo got the COP role yday. The bus rolls on!

exactly. 

Bus/TyMo are the new and inproved and much better Collins/Buck.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

exactly. 

Bus/TyMo are the new and inproved and much better Collins/Buck.  

At least vs Oakland... The rest of the schedule is a cakewalk so they should be good. 

I don't see how Collins gets more than like 2 touches a game. Gus has looked phenomenal these past 2 games. Harbaugh also continuously throws shade at Collins too lol

I own Collins in my 10 man PPR League so this morning I also grabbed Gus Edwards for only $2 in FAAB. No one else even made an attempt to grab him. I was shocked, I understand he isn't a league winner but still?

I probably won't play him based off my lineup but I'm glad to have him on my bench in case.

45 minutes ago, jagsfan05 said:

I own Collins in my 10 man PPR League so this morning I also grabbed Gus Edwards for only $2 in FAAB. No one else even made an attempt to grab him. I was shocked, I understand he isn't a league winner but still?

I probably won't play him based off my lineup but I'm glad to have him on my bench in case.

There's just that uncertainty of his role. They have 5 running backs on the roster now... Once Harbaugh makes an official announcement I'm sure people will instantly scoop him up. Or drop him... 

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:32 AM, mjb said:

Solid RB2 ROS

My main concern is if they go back to Flacco. Definitely an RB2 ROS with Lamar Jackson at QB.