machine3

Gus Edwards 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Bench stash for me in a ppr league.. have other better options. Wish he caught a few passes though...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, maxim730 said:

Bench stash for me in a ppr league.. have other better options. Wish he caught a few passes though...

Ty kills his upside. I’d rather have Josh. 

• Confused 1

As long as lamar is the starter which it looks like he will be this week, I'm rolling with gus as an rb2 even in ppr. Montgomery is a COP back and Gus thoroughly outperformed collins. Sometimes you see coaches stick with the high draft pick or high paid player but collins is neither of those (to be fair neither is gus but this way he gets a fair shake)

12 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

There's just that uncertainty of his role. They have 5 running backs on the roster now... Once Harbaugh makes an official announcement I'm sure people will instantly scoop him up. Or drop him... 

Harbaugh not making any announcement but the proof is in the volume of carries. Gus is the guy as long as LJ is starter

9 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Ty kills his upside. I’d rather have Josh. 

Ty does not “kill” his upside. His upside is 100+ yards and 2 TDs. His value is independent of pass catchers because he’s not a pass catcher at all. He wouldn’t catch pass even if TyMo wasn’t there.

He and Adams are pretty close in value, I’d say that’s a judgment call. Both are solid plug options this late in the season. Your issue with Adams is the Eagles are super noncommital to the run and love committees. I wouldn’t be surprised if this past game against the gmen was Adams’ best game coming from an Eagles fan.

• Like 1

The only thing that could kill Gus value is if they are behind early and have to abandon the run. Honestly, with Lamar at QB abandoning the run totally isn't even an option like it would be with Flacco. This offense with Lamar at QB can only move down the field consistently when Gus is pounding through the big holes that Lamar creates. They have no other RB who can do this, neither from a size or style perspective.

14 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

if alex collins is active, going with josh adams types over our boy Gus

moot point on Collins ... TyMont is the new CoP guy - the two of them (Bus/Ty) looked pretty damn good on Sunday ... it's like what Harbaugh envisioned all along for this offense, but Collins/Buck were underwhelming in the roles. 

16 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

if alex collins is active, going with josh adams types over our boy Gus

A fairy dancer isn’t going to cut into Edward’s carries at this point. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yall maybe right and most likely will be but until i see ty mont + collins + gus all active with Lamar also stealing some red zone rushing id muuuuuch rather go a safer route in this final week (because ya know.......fantasy) if theres an equally good option available like for owners who have michel adams breida types

just my 2 cents 

Edited by kmoore1521

6 hours ago, Ruut6 said:

Ty does not “kill” his upside. His upside is 100+ yards and 2 TDs. His value is independent of pass catchers because he’s not a pass catcher at all. He wouldn’t catch pass even if TyMo wasn’t there.

He and Adams are pretty close in value, I’d say that’s a judgment call. Both are solid plug options this late in the season. Your issue with Adams is the Eagles are super noncommital to the run and love committees. I wouldn’t be surprised if this past game against the gmen was Adams’ best game coming from an Eagles fan.

Without targets he is much lower in 1/2 or PPR leagues, not used on passing downs and negative game scripts would render him useless so YES, Ty's presence kills his upside to be any higher than he is.

Edited by martinjlm

Collins not practicing. Looks like Gus is gonna keep driving the bus this week. I honestly can't see Harbaugh messing up a good thing at this point with the team in the playoff hunt. Plug Gus in and enjoy ROS. Atl, Tampa, KC next three weeks. Easy money. 

No worries.

Gus is just getting the STUD treatment. Just like Julio.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

My season at this point is 100 percent reliant on Gus being just fine

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, hard1 said:

What's Dixons status?

he sprained his shoulder fetching the morning paper. 

• Like 3

I'm not lying in kinda ready to panic. In 1 week I lose Gordon, Mack Consussion, Gus Ankle, Kicker, and Receiver... What the heck!

2 hours ago, pushaZ said:

My season at this point is 100 percent reliant on Gus being just fine

My team is cursed. Too many to name, Gordon, Lynch, Burkhead, Powell, etc. Just not my year I guess, surely I’m not alone. 

Time to add Ty Monty, at least for a day or two to make sure Gus is ok.