DLove

Wesley Matthews 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Does this guy still have any value in standard leagues? Dallas picked up Luka but hes playing the four. Matthews is still expected to start at the two for them and will most definitely be jacking up 3's. Is he just a streamer guy now? What do you guys think about him this season? 

Wes does have value as a stand-up 3p gunner at SG. He will get open looks with Luca and DSJ. 

The issue is his age. But he can easily get 2.7 3pm per game when healthy. Good enough for #120.

• Like 2

My wire is thin and I’m all set except 3s so I just scooped him. His minutes seem pretty good. 

• Like 1

drafted him in the last round..but probably won't keep him if someone with potential is available...upside is too low

2 hours ago, DoctorLove said:

Can he return to his solid steals contribution or is he too old now?

He may get one here, and there on ocassion, but ever since that achilles injury he lost a step or two, and is nowhere near as agile defensively as he used to be, so no, don't expect him to return to his Portland days steals numbers.

Gonna bump this again for everyone still unaware but wes dropped another 20 point game tonight... 5 threes. I know he doesn’t do much else but so far this season he’s had 15, 19, 20 and now 23.... it’s worth a look if you need 3s because he’s flying deep under the radar.

4 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Gonna bump this again for everyone still unaware but wes dropped another 20 point game tonight... 5 threes. I know he doesn’t do much else but so far this season he’s had 15, 19, 20 and now 23.... it’s worth a look if you need 3s because he’s flying deep under the radar.

Let's see how he will do when barnes comes back. I can still see 10-12 FGA a game. and with two ball handlers.. his job becomes much easier. I have a feeling he will be having a bounce back season, but won't be this good every night.

• Like 1

Scored 20 points again for the 4th night in a row is this sustainable? This is only my 2nd year playing fantasy bb so I don't really know too much about him. He's set to make $18mil this year so his spot seems somewhat safe? Im in a 10 team points league and he's averaging 29 points a game and his lowest yet has been 22 and he's just sitting on waivers

He's on a contract year, so he's going to be going all out every game. He's going to be a solid cheap 3's and points guy. Just be aware that you'll take a FG% hit, and be inconsistent with defensive stats. Having said that, he;s going to return fantastic value for a guy you either got last round in a snake draft, or $1 in auction, or most likely off the wire.

• Like 2

He’s a low ceiling but high floor player. I don’t see how he should sit in waiver unless your league is 10-team or smaller.

Hes not a superstar and has his obvious flaw (low FG%) but he’s a proven vet who every coach would trust to play 33-34 minutes a game. You can’t build your entire fantasy bench with lottery tickets like Fultz, Isaac, and Bamba. Having a proven vet with high floor helps you get in front early then have the luxury to pick up those lottery tickets after their original owners drop them

I'm ranked dead last in 3's in my Roto league, so I'm perfectly fine with him only contributing in that category. He contributes PTs and 3's as well, with 1-1.5 steals a game as well. The minutes are still there even with Barnes return, so that's encouraging. 

Anyone still holding on? He was shows some flashes of Wes of old on lower efficiency, but still hitting threes at a very healthy rate, great for a guy who went undrafted or as a last round flier.  The lingering nature of the injury however may keep him out only long enough for him not to get the INJ tag and may impact him all season.  

The type of guy I'd love to throw on my INJ if I had room until (if ever) the lingering injury goes away, with what he's shown, I feel someone will pick him up. 

1 hour ago, Crazycanto said:

Anyone still holding on? He was shows some flashes of Wes of old on lower efficiency, but still hitting threes at a very healthy rate, great for a guy who went undrafted or as a last round flier.  The lingering nature of the injury however may keep him out only long enough for him not to get the INJ tag and may impact him all season.  

The type of guy I'd love to throw on my INJ if I had room until (if ever) the lingering injury goes away, with what he's shown, I feel someone will pick him up. 

He’s on the wire for me rn, but I def think he’s worth an end of vench guy and looking to snag him if one of my guys start sucking but considering hammies can be tricky may be tough to hold on, but when he’s healthy definitely rosterable 

2 hours ago, Crazycanto said:

He was dropped other day in my league and was scooped up immediately this morning.

In an ultra competitive 12 teamer, guy with 3rd WW claimed him last night....with the 4th WW guys putting in claims also. So he still pretty valuable to a lot of GM's eyes.

Dorian Finney-Smith has been exceptional as an elite 3 and D guy filling in for Wes.  DFS gives Dallas the luxury of not having to rush Wes back.  With as well as DFS has been playing I wouldn't be surprised if Wes was out a couple more weeks to insure no set backs.

Guy's been playing pretty solid. He's on my wire, anybody chime in on how he's performed for them?

2 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Guy's been playing pretty solid. He's on my wire, anybody chime in on how he's performed for them?

He is the next Luka Doncic.

is this guy still rosterable? :wacko:

8 hours ago, RafiBomb said:

Any chance this guy plays a minute with the Knicks?

i feel like is a pretty neutral move for wes. less competition for competition compared to mavs, but on a young tanking team i dont know what to expect. rumors of buyout. 

10 hours ago, RafiBomb said:

Any chance this guy plays a minute with the Knicks?

1 hour ago, WhatIsThisWizardry said:

i feel like is a pretty neutral move for wes. less competition for competition compared to mavs, but on a young tanking team i dont know what to expect. rumors of buyout. 

Knicks rotations are going to remain volatile because of the tank.

If they don't buy him out, he is just going to be Fizdaled....

Something to consider: 

This would give them an open roster spot - there's a chance they may go after Wes as they badly need some 3 point shooting on that team. Wes would probably slot in at T-Ferg's spot and OKC would roll out a Russ/Wes/PG13/Grant/Adams lineup. Pretty nice.