Sign in to follow this  
DrFunkenstein13

Tim Hardaway Jr 2018-2019 Outlook

Didn't see a post about THJ so ...what do we think about him this year?  Seems pretty well-entrenched in New York; with Porzingis out he should get a lot of shots, but the efficiency is a concern, as is his consistency.  Wobbled a ton last year, but did finish pretty strong.  Anyone have a projection for him?

Great first game, albeit against the terrible Hawks.  31 points, 3 treys, 6 boards, 5 dimes, 2 steals and no turnovers was sweet, but 8/8 from the line was niiice!  Hope he can keep it up.  He'll certainly be shooting a lot for the Knicks, I just hope his FG% maintains.

After 2 games he is inside the top 20 in 8-cat.  I don’t see what will stop him from being top 40 this year, Unicorn will be out all season. No other guards who can score. THJ will dine. 

I definitely see him being in the 20-22ppg range pretty much a lock. Even on bad shooting nights just in volume he’ll get to 16-18

the guy is erratic but he plays hard and makes things happen. won't have a lot of defensive stats but 20 point average for sure, with 2+ threes and 3+ assists. he gets a bad rap because of his bloated contract but that's not his fault. as a Knicks fan I like his passion and effort. I don't get why people say the Knicks should be in rebuild mode as if that means they shouldn't be relying on THJ. He is justifiably part of the rebuild. More than Kanter is, despite his gaudy dub-dub's. 

Certainly didn't expect THJ's thread to be this bare considering the usage & season he is having. Does he just not have that much appeal?

How do you guys see his numbers to normalize? The off the bench change for Kanter boosts his usage but will hurt his efficiency.

Will he avoid a shutdown or injury this season? He is entering his prime and there's no one behind him worth playing more than him (maybe Hezonja? but the chip on his shoulder is making him play the opposite of controlled basketball).

What your seeing is probably what to expect going forward. The Knicks don’t really have a go to guy so that’s THJ by default. Volume scorer with a shaky FG%. I do like how Fiz has challenged him to be a 2 way player. 

1 hour ago, pdids911 said:

thanks for the 7 threes and 37 points, but 1 reb and 1 ast? really?

This dude puts the ball in the bucket.  That's his MO and why he got 80 million.  I'd enjoy the ride and not worry about his other stats.  With lines like that your team has plenty of opportunity to stash a low volume guy that gives you assists or stocks.

Edited by laurilegend

15 minutes ago, laurilegend said:

This dude puts the ball in the bucket.  That's his MO and why he got 80 million.  I'd enjoy the ride and not worry about his other stats.  With lines like that your team has plenty of opportunity to stash a low volume guy that gives you assists or stocks.

His free throws have also been niiiiice recently :D

• Like 1

It's kinda hard to sell him for an established top 50 guy. You could but only to owners who willingly takes risks. I think his shot selection is better now but his fg would vary wildly because of the amount of 3s he takes. 

Trading him would mean pointing to his usage and the Knicks possibly holding back Kristap's return this year. Don't mention the playoffs either if you play in standard H2H because of the 2 game week in the finals. Be Jordan Belfort.

20 minutes ago, OxyBubbleMan said:

It's kinda hard to sell him for an established top 50 guy. You could but only to owners who willingly takes risks. I think his shot selection is better now but his fg would vary wildly because of the amount of 3s he takes. 

Trading him would mean pointing to his usage and the Knicks possibly holding back Kristap's return this year. Don't mention the playoffs either if you play in standard H2H because of the 2 game week in the finals. Be Jordan Belfort.

To give you an idea of value you can get, I traded him for Conley.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Ajax said:

To give you an idea of value you can get, I traded him for Conley.

Conley has his risks too even though even though he was an established top 50 player. He's playing well so far and the Grizz are too. Hopefully he stays healthy this season. I couldn't think of any others who is coming off an injury. Maybe his teammate works too (Marc).

7 minutes ago, Dapro said:

WHat happen?

Driving to the hoop and clutched his back.. Looked like a stiff back.

He is back on the court now.

9 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Hmmm. Reckon he misses time?

He did look uncomfortable out there when he returned. He may miss a game since they are playing tomorrow.

How is he available to play and not play? He either play or not play, why so confusing? I have no choice but to put him in as I have no one to replacement in H2h match up.  I found out he got knee by John Wall. Dang you Wall and your jump kicking knee!

• Like 1