iowncrazyhair

Vent & Rant Thread 2018-2019

Season tipoff coming to a close, surely there are draft/trade regrets now. Getting blown and it’s just halfway the week, only winning 5-4 (or losing) to the last place team who everyone 8-1 or 7-2’d.   Don’t even get me started with rests.. especially injuries!!

VENT HERE to let off some steam about anything related to fantasy basketball. (Don’t forget to follow forum rules)

I budgeted like $18 for Luka Doncic which I believe was already a high enough premium for him in my auction. I end up getting into a bid war and losing with the other guy getting Doncic for $27. My god.

Sweet!  My favorite thread is back! 

To get a head start... my small rant is my schedule this week.  I already have to bench 2 guys tomorrow & 1 on Friday due to too many games :(

I rejected a doncic for ingles trade. I know its 3days in but ingles is lookin good

Can't be mad at my draft overall, but Paul George has really been a disappointment so far.

I know Russ is out, but how in the world do you go 16/50 from the field through the first two games of the season?

The season is not even a week old and teams start resting players (Butler, Leonard, Hayward) !!! :angry:

• Like 1

I get the feeling this is the new era of basketball, so many young bloods that can ball and do bunch of different things.  JJJ, Ayton, KAT, Jokic, Luka, Trae Young, Levert, Booker, Trier, Frankie Nitty, Bamba, Bagley, Siakam, OG, Bam, Jarrett Allen, Simmons, Embiid, Sabonis, Delon, Freddy VanVleet, Lauri, Mitchell,  Burton,  Kristaps, WCS, Fox, Bogy Bogdanovic, Monk, Bridges, Richardson, Prince, Collins, Aaron Gordon, Ingram, Hart, Tatum, Hield, Gobert, Dunn, Lavine, Osman & soon to be king Giannis to name a few. 

The NBA has a bunch of talent and it's gonna be fun to watch all the talent develop.

The time of year where you see ridiculous proclamations about players positively or negatively. Guys with proven track records getting the drop question based off a whopping 2 games and guys with zero track records or not being fantasy relevant for years receiving waiver wire of the year talk based off a whopping 2games lol. The top 50 talk or waiver wire of the year talk should not be started until a damn decent sample size is established. (minimum 10 games imo)  I just don't understand the overreactions yearly during week 1 of a fantasy season. Every year guys like Jamal Murray from last year will be cut after a bad first week or 2 and every year the good fantasy owners pick him up and keep winning. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

The time of year where you see ridiculous proclamations about players positively or negatively. Guys with proven track records getting the drop question based off a whopping 2 games and guys with zero track records or not being fantasy relevant for years receiving waiver wire of the year talk based off a whopping 2games lol. The top 50 talk or waiver wire of the year talk should not be started until a damn decent sample size is established. (minimum 10 games imo)  I just don't understand the overreactions yearly during week 1 of a fantasy season. Every year guys like Jamal Murray from last year will be cut after a bad first week or 2 and every year the good fantasy owners pick him up and keep winning. 

I agree completely with the exception that an adequate sample size is more like 30

games.  The problem with that is that’s almost half the season.  A lot of people don’t realize the luck that goes into it, sometimes you are fortunate enough that your guys just hit, to believe otherwise is confirmation bias. 

On 10/20/2018 at 4:22 PM, chud12 said:

Any guard that starts out hot is the next Jeremy Lin and Donovan Michell, and for bigs it's the next Draymond Green

On 21/10/2018 at 3:56 AM, Naboo said:

The season is not even a week old and teams start resting players (Butler, Leonard, Hayward) !!! :angry:

this

Lost my H2H by only 3 rebounds, and Kawhi was out one game... but eh what can you do. I picked up Javale last minute and he singlehandedly won me blocks - so you win some, you lose some, lol

This week my opponent plays 40 games, I play 30. Also ESPN positional eligibility is the worst thing ever, I can't stop getting amazed at how much that site sucks

• Like 2

I lost rebound by 1 and I also have Kawhi. What's worse is I was watching the Denver game and Gary Harris did not get a single rebound in the last 2 quarters. 

Somehow my team has the worst FT% in my league right now. Frustrating to see guys like LMA, Oladipo, Mirotic unable to hit FT's at all so far this season haha. 

Thank god its only been a week! 

Edited by DamoESP

Going against a team that had Markieff Morris and LaMarcus Aldridge games go into overtime last night.

What a great way to start the week! <_<

2 hours ago, battaginlemon said:

This forum can be unbearable some times, the amount of dumb s--- people say gets me so irrationally angry

Agree.  The overreactions are beyond ludicrous and frankly just embarrassing.  3 games into the season and we have people that are dropping and/or trading away half their team already. Yet at the same time theyre preaching advice upon us as if it were the gospel and picking up guys like Jarrett Allen and Dunn freely from the free agent pool.  Who needs advice from someone with no patience that already dropped or traded half his drafted team away already?  Oh, then there's the roster updates.  "Hey, what do you know someone dropped Miles Turner and LeVert the other day in my 10 teamer and I was just able to snag both up for R. hood and Harrell."  "What do you guys think?" ?. 

What makes it even more frustrating is, for the life of me, where are these Leagues?  I can never find Leagues like these. It baffles the crap out of me. Is there some underground crazy league society I'm completely unaware of? 

• Like 2

Does anyone else think the new ESPN interface BLOWS? Just from 5 minutes of trying to browse it so far today, I can't click on the players names to bring up stats and stuff in the recent activity feed.  When I go to the scoreboard of last week I cant see the total matchup for the week stats, it only goes day by day (cant see total games played etc)  and thats just from today, Im sure theres much more annoying things I havent even noticed yet

Is there any way I can switch back

Close to conceded defeat as Ben Simmons probably won't play this week. Rondo suspended. Whiteside and Howard are hurt too. All of this while my opponent already gonna have a near full line-up every day; all of his players are healthy of course. As always.

H2H is so much fun.

45 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Close to conceded defeat as Ben Simmons probably won't play this week. Rondo suspended. Whiteside and Howard are hurt too. All of this while my opponent already gonna have a near full line-up every day; all of his players are healthy of course. As always.

H2H is so much fun.

Whiteside is in... hopefully he goes bananas against the Knicks and bails you out

7 minutes ago, chaiway said:

Whiteside is in... hopefully he goes bananas against the Knicks and bails you out

I'm already down 30+ rebounds. I sure do need it. Perfect team to go against and make up ground.