iowncrazyhair

Vent & Rant Thread 2018-2019

Watching all your players drop bombs over baghdad after you missed the playoffs by half a friggin game.  It's the most wonderful time of the year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My playoffs just started and Lowry gets injured yesterday and Giannis/Love have yet to play. In addition, Whiteside gets 5 minutes and Rondo now has 7 turnovers....jeez, I probably will lose first round and be eliminated by 6th seed (I am 3rd seed).

Hi there. Quick and important question. I’m in a 12 team, 15 roster + 1 IR spot, 9 category league. I have Jerami Grant and Matthews on the waiver wire with both ending tonight (3/20). I have the 2nd waiver wire pick. Let’s say I want Grant instead of Matthews (but Matthews is good for me too but to a lesser degree) and I make a claim for Grant to drop porter FIRST, AND THEN I make THE SAME claim for Matthews to drop THE SAME PERSON, porter (just in case the #1 waiver pick holder gets to Grant first), will I automatically get Matthews as my second option bc I put a claim on him second....after making a claim on Grant? Or will It mix it up and give me Matthews EVEN IF no one tried to claim Grant? 

20 minutes ago, Mikhail1992 said:

Hi there. Quick and important question. I’m in a 12 team, 15 roster + 1 IR spot, 9 category league. I have Jerami Grant and Matthews on the waiver wire with both ending tonight (3/20). I have the 2nd waiver wire pick. Let’s say I want Grant instead of Matthews (but Matthews is good for me too but to a lesser degree) and I make a claim for Grant to drop porter FIRST, AND THEN I make THE SAME claim for Matthews to drop THE SAME PERSON, porter (just in case the #1 waiver pick holder gets to Grant first), will I automatically get Matthews as my second option bc I put a claim on him second....after making a claim on Grant? Or will It mix it up and give me Matthews EVEN IF no one tried to claim Grant? 

Disregard this question plz. Sorry. 

5 hours ago, mightyjett said:

Wow. 13 TOs combined for KAT and Middleton.. now ive already overtook the TOs.. power😩😭😫

Ha that’s nothing. I have those two and rondo. I’ll gladly take their stat lines with those to’s

I’m just gonna rant and vent here haha…in the semi’s but already lost games from embiid, leonard and collison….Nba should really look into this whole resting thing, I mean, play them 20 minutes, like the Davis situation…but fans do pay tickets to see stars play,…not sit on the bench…plus ir ruins fantasy haha,…anyways im just gonna go and try to win % cats, turnovers blocks and steals…might pull that one off.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Currently down 6-3 having already missed games from Kawhi, Serge, Joel, and OPJ. Finished first in the regular season by 25 games. Team I'm losing to is the same team that beat me a couple years ago in the second round after I had an incredible first place run that season too. Very conflicted if I should drop OPJ now if he misses his second straight as his next game isn't for another 3 days and I may need to maximize streaming potential. 14 teams so OPJ isn't a typical player to see on WW by any stretch of the imagination. League allows 25 moves per week which we didn't realize is dumb until playoffs started. Commissioner also switched timeline for adding players from adding for next day to same day so every manager basically wakes up or stays up til middle of the night now to poach the waivers. Considering Kyrie could sit out the B2B this weekend now, if OPJ is a no-go today, I am leaning closer to dropping. But what if he comes back Saturday and produces an elite 3/D line? Why did my team have a mostly perfect bill of health until the middle of my bye week, when I lost Zeller, Brogdon, Ibaka (suspension) and OPJ starting off semifinals week hurt? 

Edited by squid-jesus

19 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Commish peace'd out when he didn't make the playoffs.

That's a terrible commish

Well, sounds like a group that's not really fun to play anyways. Sorry man, time to look for a new league lol

E. Gordon sitting out; Brogdon injured, Love can't catch a break. On top of that had to drop Allen (only 1 game remaining this week) to get Mirotic (had 3 games) in the lineup from the INJ stash... Yep, that went well. Combo of 3pt shooting big men were perfect against my opponent, but the plan is falling apart quickly.

WTF with Yahoo not updating their stats. Now I dont know what the score of my semi final matchup is thus not knowing who, if anyone, to pick up/drop. SMH. Get it together Yahoo

• Like 3

Yahoo desktop version briefly had the updated stats around 6 AM EST earlier today.  Not sure why it rolled back.

It has been a slugfest for sure. Everything is going horribly wrong and I'm hanging on by a thread in my semifinals matchup. Everything was just fine before the week started. I had around 50 games secured and fully healthy team.

Then Cousins picked up injury and has missed two games to start the week.

Maxi Kleber got injured in his first game to start the week.

Collison got injured and is due to miss at least two games this week.

Then Mirotic went out with his thumb.

Poeltl bottomed out completely and can't be used for the last two games.

Beal had horrible dud to start the week and Randle followed suit last night.

I've got Tyus Jones from the waiver and are looking for more help to replace Miro. I'm still getting the maximum amount of games (43), but only just. The plan was to rest my weakest players, now I'm reduced to sitting Poeltl out.

It is a dog fight, but I'm not giving up. There is always a way!

• Like 2

Rudy Gobert no blocks in the current and previous game, not going to come close to winning blocks in semi's

Picked up Jae Crowder and Josh Jackson as my last streamers of the week over Wayne Ellington and Malik Beasley for some extra points and threes.

Crowder and Jackson: 

5 points, 0 threes, 1/13 fg

Ellington and Beasley:

33 points, 8 threes, 11/20 fgs 

plus one more game each.

Bad bad decisions boys. Def deserve this lose

FUUUUUKKKK...im stlll winning 6-3 but very close and he has more games left....lost embid, leonard games....collision out...ariza out....pick up harry giles and he also decides to fukkkkkking join the bench party....i swear to god if I win this semis it will be a miracle and that championship is mineeeee

What looked like a blowout in one of my semis matchups is now getting closer because PG13 is fading a bit and my streams have been injured or poo (Kleber, Giles)

curry collison horford kawhi out this week and opponents team over performing. 

I'm in a REALLY close semi-finals matchup and I had Nance on my IL. . . I thought I could move him into my active roster on the day of his Friday game. I would have done it the night before but I didn't think it mattered. Bottom line is I wasn't able to put him in my roster and I could lose without his contributions from that night. 

Jabari parker 0-6 now after his last disastrous game. Never had a worse semifinal.