iowncrazyhair

Vent & Rant Thread 2018-2019

2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

What makes it even more frustrating is, for the life of me, where are these Leagues?  I can never find Leagues like these. It baffles the crap out of me. Is there some underground crazy league society I'm completely unaware of? 

Yahoo Public leagues and ESPN leagues probably. Covington is like 27% owned on ESPN, that tells you a lot.

Anyway I can tell you they are not actually fun, I've played in similar leagues and it just gets boring because you can get any player you want, and you get to a point where there are so many good FAs available that you don't know what to do anymore, you have to leave half a dozen of top 100 players on the wire while the others still roster Dwyane Wade and Joakim Noah.

I'm having much more fun in my deep competitive leagues, waking up salty in the morning because someone picked up Rodions Kurucs overnight

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, battaginlemon said:

I'm having much more fun in my deep competitive leagues, waking up salty in the morning because someone picked up Rodions Kurucs overnight

I was so excited to see Gay on the wire in one of my leagues.  I live on the East Coast (for now, moving to California midseason), so I wasn't gonna bother to stay up and see how Gay did, and didn't really want to blow the #8 waiver on him.  Figured if he played well, the #8 wouldn't do it anyway, and if he played badly, he'd pass waivers anyway.

I wake up at 6:30 to get ready for work and check to see if he's there for me this morning.  Well, he passed waivers, but someone that I imagine is either overseas or West Coast was thinking the same s--- I was and snagged him literally two minutes after he cleared waivers.  I cursed while I got up to brush my teeth, but yeah, it's more fun than the leagues where people don't even set their lineups.

When you build a team for Roto and bank on top guys anchoring your FT cat.... 

Lamarcus Aldridge: Shooting 62% on 9.7 attempts (84%/5+ attempts last year) - 4 z-score delta from expectation (BBM)

James Harden: Shooting 76% on 8 attempts (86%/10 attempts last year) - 3 z-score delta from expectation (BBM)

It's early and it'll regress to the mean but it still hurts.

1 team Kris Dunn--Will Barton--Lauri Markkanen--John Collins......2 IL spots and 3 Bench spots.....cant really drop any of them and none are coming back in the next month

Now Dunn is out for over a month? Get the f*** out of here with this. 

You know what... Time to set my line-ups and forget it. I don't have the energy for this. Not after last season. Nah ah. 

• Sad 1

First Collins and Dunn, then Barton, and now Dunn again...guess I will have to wait till December to have my squad back together...

Let's pray nothing happens to Whiteside (groin) and Marc Gasol (back)...

So far this week my team has shot a combined 67 of 169 for healthy .394 FG%.

Like, come onnnnn

• Haha 1

Decided too long on my pick drafiting got stuck with Lou Williams in 5th round on a momentary auto pilot.  Desperately want to cut just so I can forget about it.  F****** worthless.  

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Decided too long on my pick drafiting got stuck with Lou Williams in 5th round on a momentary auto pilot.  Desperately want to cut just so I can forget about it.  F****** worthless.  

Sounds like when I was deciding between drafting Gallinari, Rudy Gay or gambling on Cousins then ran out of time and it autodrafted Dirk for me. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

I'm forced to roster Trey Burke because of Dunn's injury. Talk about digging through a pile of garbage. 

Hitting the injury bug too early this season. Harden, Dunn and Portis. Plus i have Cousins in my IR slot. And the fact that i'm in a deep league, my team is just going downhill now. :(

Waiting on Injury updates to both Harden and Gasol... 

Both went down on the same night and probably already had their MRIs

I have Harden, Love, Booker and Portis in my line up this week, i have a small lead that will vanish quickly

2 hours ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

Any other frustrated Millsap owners here?

Learned from my mistakes of declining production the last two years... Millsap was a DND this year... He done! 

• Like 1

Made several bad decisions. Too many guards now.

Edited by wildcat62
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat62 said:

Made several bad decisions. Too many guards now.

And I too little C's. Vooch is ballin, but Millsap is having his minutes "sapped". Just have to watch the wire closely for now. 

Terrible time for my team to dry up on 3's and stocks this weekend.  AD misses time, Mitchell & Rubio only got me 2 stls and 2 3's tonight.

Edited by gill2k