DoctorLove

Trey Burke 2018-2019 Season Outlook

53 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

I agree with the sentiments above. He has the green light, and Knicks aren’t going anywhere. Someone’s got to shoot that ball aside from THJ.

Yeah I thought it would be Hezonja but that guy has really flopped. 

The biggest downside risk is Fizdale and the front office. If Burke actually starts making them too competitive they'll probably bench him with a DNP-"ruining tank" tag.

12 hours ago, KDilla35 said:

His whole 2nd half last year was just a hot streak? The dude can play. Fizdale told him to go into attack mode and thats exactly what he's doing. 

https://nypost.com/2018/11/17/the-mentality-shift-that-sparked-trey-burkes-breakout-game/?utm_source=twitter_sitebuttons&utm_medium=site buttons&utm_campaign=site buttons

Appreciate the read. But still beware. There was a very similar fluff piece a few weeks ago about Frank Ntilikina. And he's been hot trash ever since 

Boy plays with a chip on his shoulder.. had his best year as a rookie averaging 13/3/6.. for me, he's on track to match that or surpass that this season, granted that the knicks don't screw it up for him this season with the mindless rotation. 

Burke's basically the Enes Kanter of point guards: Yea he's highly productive, but the production comes in losing efforts, and I'm not so sure Fizdale and the Knicks are committed to developing him.

40 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Burke's basically the Enes Kanter of point guards: Yea he's highly productive, but the production comes in losing efforts, and I'm not so sure Fizdale and the Knicks are committed to developing him.

Yeah. That was an awful loss to the Celtics.

• Like 1

it’s funny how burke and kanter are both 26 year old lottery picks but are considered “old” by most people. 

back n the day, those 2 would be your building blocks outside of porzingis and hardaway jr 

i feel like the direction the nba is headed in is more about youth and assets than developing a good product on the court 

pg burke 

sg hardawy jr 

sf hezonja 

pf porzingis 

c kanter 

i feel like this could be a nice young core if given a shot 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Appreciate the read. But still beware. There was a very similar fluff piece a few weeks ago about Frank Ntilikina. And he's been hot trash ever since 

I understand, but we're comparing Burke to Frank. Frank still hasn't developed a consistent offensive game, Trey is a proven bucket getter. So their "attack modes" are different. I don't think he's going to score 29 a game obviously, but I can see him averaging 15ppg ROS. 

It's easy to doubt Burke as a pickup, but if you have dead weight at the end of your roster, then you could do far worse than him. Last season he went on a nice second-half streak. Guys in my league had actually traded for him because of the numbers haha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KDilla35 said:

I understand, but we're comparing Burke to Frank. Frank still hasn't developed a consistent offensive game, Trey is a proven bucket getter. So their "attack modes" are different. I don't think he's going to score 29 a game obviously, but I can see him averaging 15ppg ROS. 

Yea I still grabbed Burke just in case. I'm just guessing he'll be dropped shortly. But if he can go for 15 and like 6 assists nightly, that's worthy of putting in my lineup

• Like 1

On 11/22/2018 at 1:07 PM, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'd be wary picking Burke up now. I'd be concerned I'd just missed the hot streak. Don't want to book a bunch of 4 for 13, 11 pt games or something.

See? This is what I was concerned about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

See? This is what I was concerned about.

That was quite bad and worse was that mudiay and trier were the heroes tonight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Frickin' 5 for 29 over two plus games since everyone was touted Burke as the pickup

thats ugly anyway you look at it... worse is 1 rebound and nothing else

If there are guys on your wire who can jack up 8-12 bricks a game, usually make at least one or two of them and don't contribute much in any categories outside low points and bad FG% . . . by all means drop city. 

For us pros in competitive leagues he's an automatic HODL. Consistency like this doesn't grow on trees.

• Haha 3

with Mudiay out at least 2 weeks,,he maybe useful to add but still can't trust Fizdale crazy rotation,umm...

• Sad 1

Frank injury tonight,burke become only standing pg in NYK,if you need pg,add him asap

1 hour ago, kane said:

Frank injury tonight,burke become only standing pg in NYK,if you need pg,add him asap

Grabbed him this afternoon for tonight’s game. Guess I should hold on to him huh :)

Must-grab, at least for this week. 4 games, no Mudiay and no Frankie. We've seen him put up nice #s when he gets the minutes. 

Was subpar today, mostly because of coach. 

I don't think any Knicks are worth owning at this point unless you are in a deep league. 

Jalen Brunson is a sorry excuse of a basketball player.  I dunno why Rotoworld staff thinks Burke will be the backup.  Trey can clearly catch and shoot better.  Great fit next to Doncic and not ball dominant.

What does everyone think about his ROS value in 12 team h2h leagues? Obviously he can put up points in a hurry when he’s given consistent minutes ... Luka hasn’t missed games but is seemingly always getting banged up potentially opening up even more minutes. I have Taj and Bazemore I’m looking to drop. The 3-4-3 playoff schedule isn’t great but he could potentially hover around 28mpg as the 6th man right?

just speculation here but i'm thinking with Barea out for the rest of the season, they'll slot Burke right into Barea's role. They're similar types of players with Burke being more of an iso player but they're similar size, can hit the jumper, drive, run PnR.

id pick him up as a last man on your bench kind of guy