Sign in to follow this  
KilloWertz

Al Horford 2018-19 Season Outlook

Got offered Horford in a trade and came on here to see what people were saying about him for this season and didn't see a thread for him surprisingly.  So, here is one for him now...

Edited by KilloWertz

Wouldn't touch him at his current price with a 100 foot pole. 

The dude is on a stacked celtics team, has been on a limited/downward spiral for the past 2 years and his fantasy game is getting very stale. Worse yet, he's going for around $19 if I recall in Yahoo auctions... I can get Clint Capela for a few more $$$ and have massive upside. 

The good news is that he is a pretty sure-fire fit to reach top 80 status, I'd imagine. His game is nice, it's just his perceived price and upside are not worth it currently. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Got offered Horford in a trade and came on here to see what people were saying about him for this season and didn't see a thread for him surprisingly.  So, here is one for him now...

Statistically, drafting him is like owning half of Jokic - he’s a good piece for compounding all around stats but he won’t anchor you anywhere as his usage will be even lower than last season.

Sample size is suuuuper low (1 half of a new season) but they haven’t utilized him as a playmaker or popper yet.

Whether thats based on the match up or a new general scheme remains to be seen

• Like 1

Arguably his counting stats could go down given that he’s older and it’s crowded.  However, even if he’s at 12 ppg/6 rpg/3 apg if he keeps the stocks and efficiency up (which he very likely will) he will still be a top 50 gem for 9 cat roto.  I have a lot of stock in him so I hope he remains his stable multi-cat self. 

Al seems to play great when Kyrie does. Last year when Kyrie went down Al's numbers dipped. Kyrie and Al are great pick and roll/pop together. Hayward is going to hurt his ceiling in points though. 5 blks against Embiid was awesome! Could win the week in that category for alot of people. He also led the team in minutes and his only competition for minutes is Baynes (who will get 17-22 mins night). I guess what I am getting at is... I think his role hasn't changed from last year much at all. 

last year game 1 also he had 9 pts and 7 rebs with nothing else. Horford doesn't blow up he's a glue guy for assist/3s/blks/rebs/FG/FT/TO.

Great value for punt points. 

You guys think horford is a hold for long term or must sell for the first part of the season? If i remember correctly, he was mostly injured or underperformed last year postASB/fantasy playoffs. Thoughts? 

So, Horford has become a sneaky sources of blocks over the last 2 weeks..

• Like 2

On 11/6/2018 at 11:59 AM, Kaishi said:

You guys think horford is a hold for long term or must sell for the first part of the season? If i remember correctly, he was mostly injured or underperformed last year postASB/fantasy playoffs. Thoughts? 

He’s one of the most stable/known fantasy entities there are.  I predicted he would be 12/6/3 with 1.5 blocks/1.5 threes three posts up and that’s almost exactly what he’s doing.  He’s that reliable.  So I don’t think there’s a sell high opportunity if that’s what you’re asking.  I wouldn’t panic sell either.  If you get a top 50 player in return that fits your needs better then sure.  

8 minutes ago, mackdonald said:

Boring but 9 cat stud

hes probably the type of guy that wears protection with his significant other 

LOL :D so just the same as last year? Thought maybe his role would decrease with so much talent around him this season (kyrie, Hayward back (even though Hayward has been crap)

Loving the increased usage with Brown off the bench

He has great chemistry with both Kyrie and Smart. Stevens also seems to be using him more as a roll man to finish plays instead of initiating the offense.

Very steady defender and moves the ball well as always.

as weird as this is to say... I hope it's an actual knee issue over rest. Rest this early is scary long term. Small dinged up knee will heal.

Tendidi****z... :ph34r:

Feels so bad that i get him through a trade. 

Hope he comes back before christmas and never rest again. His productions is slightly lower too.

So, do we start Horford in weekly leagues (first game on Wednesday, so probably no updates today)?

Or I should prefer a boring but solid Cody Zeller?

7 hours ago, OSH said:

So, do we start Horford in weekly leagues (first game on Wednesday, so probably no updates today)?

Or I should prefer a boring but solid Cody Zeller?

I’m trying to figure out the same. 

Where’s the updates?