Sign in to follow this  
KilloWertz

Al Horford 2018-19 Season Outlook

8 hours ago, OSH said:

So, do we start Horford in weekly leagues (first game on Wednesday, so probably no updates today)?

Or I should prefer a boring but solid Cody Zeller?

1 hour ago, mackdonald said:

I’m trying to figure out the same. 

Where’s the updates?

Same, I’ve rostered him in over Holmes, but I think Horford only plays 2 games max this week. He won’t play the upcoming Phoenix game imho.

As hard as it to find bigs on the wire, somebody got impatient and drop this dude. Put in a waiver claim quickly and scooped him up like ice cream.  He did have both IR occupied, (Cousins and Porzingis), both of which will not make a impact in a 12 team league this year. He'll see the mistake he made dropping a big like Horford. These newbies gonna learn today. Gotta' teach em' the ropes. 

Yahoo 12 team/H2H/9cat

PG: John Wall, Trae Young, Luka Doncic

SG: Tim Hardaway, Justin Holiday, Jeremy Lamb, Kevin Huerter,  Luka Doncic

SF: Giannis Antetokounmpokoupo, Tim Hardaway, Justin Holiday, Jeremy Lamb, Luka Doncic, Jonathan Isaac, Harrison Barnes

PF: Giannis Antetokounmpokoupo, , Nikola Vucevic, Al Horford (IR), Harrison Barnes, Jonathan Isaac, Kelly Olynyk

C: Nikola Vucevic,  Al Horford(IR), Robert Gobert, Kelly Olynyk

*Dropped Olynyk for Horford

Edited by Forever Smooth
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Forever Smooth said:

As hard as it to find bigs on the wire, somebody got impatient and drop this dude. Put in a waiver claim quickly and scooped him up like ice cream.  He did have both IR occupied, (Cousins and Porzingis), both of which will not make a impact in a 12 team league this year. He'll see the mistake he made dropping a big like Horford. These newbies gonna learn today. Gotta' teach em' the ropes. 

Yahoo 12 team/H2H/9cat

SF: Giannis Antetokounmpokoupo, Tim Hardaway, Justin Holiday, Jeremy Lamb, Luka Doncic, Jonathan Isaac, Harrison Barnes

PF: Giannis Antetokounmpokoupo, , Nikola Vucevic, Al Horford (IR), Harrison Barnes, Jonathan Isaac, Kelly Olynyk

*Correction, Rudy Gobert

On 12/21/2018 at 8:56 AM, Forever Smooth said:

Yahoo 12 team/H2H/9cat

what a dummy, especially since hes probable tonight! lmaoooo

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kobe824 said:

what a dummy, especially since hes probable tonight! lmaoooo

Yup, tomorrow night. I was happy see that. Knew he had to coming back soon, just didn't know when. Probably be on min. restriction, no big deal, winning by a lot this week, it's the fact that got him.

Minutes will be limited permanently moving forward as per Rotoworld. Are you guys looking to trade Horford or still a keep? 

Trade bait. Get good value. Bigs are hard to come by, but if you can flip him in a multi player deal and get another good big back, do so. Horford gives nice FG%, some stocks and dimes, but he can disappear at stretches. He's a over achiever but a small big and at times gets outplayed. Lat night was a prime example.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2019 at 6:27 PM, Kaishi said:

Minutes will be limited permanently moving forward as per Rotoworld. Are you guys looking to trade Horford or still a keep? 

I believe he was cleared to play 30+ minutes; therefore, nullifying Roto's previous statement.

• Like 1

How confident are people with Al's ROS outlook? Good signs that he is playing 30 mins. I am thinking of trading for him as his current owner seems frustrated but where do we value him? Maybe 6th round?

16 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

How confident are people with Al's ROS outlook? Good signs that he is playing 30 mins. I am thinking of trading for him as his current owner seems frustrated but where do we value him? Maybe 6th round?

Top 50 with some risk to slide to top 65 if he can’t shake this minor injury and reverts back to 20-25mpg. 

However, he has a high floor. The rebounds, assists, efficiency and trickle of defensive stats will always be there. He doesn’t need high usage to produce.

Roto’s fear mongering will continue to suppress his value ROS, so just know that you’ll never get a fair return. 

37 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Top 50 with some risk to slide to top 65 if he can’t shake this minor injury and reverts back to 20-25mpg. 

However, he has a high floor. The rebounds, assists, efficiency and trickle of defensive stats will always be there. He doesn’t need high usage to produce.

Roto’s fear mongering will continue to suppress his value ROS, so just know that you’ll never get a fair return. 

I think the constant reporting about potential injuries is what keeps me worried. His 14/6.5/3 with a 3 and a Block is enticing and he seems to be capable of reaching that in 28-30 mpg. Surely the Celtics wouldn't be publicly announcing he is getting 30+ minutes per night if they had any longer term concerns about his health. 

Do you think that the current Celtics situation with the supposed chemistry issues helps him? Could force him into a bigger role as a leader IMO

6 minutes ago, PaddingtonBear said:

I think the constant reporting about potential injuries is what keeps me worried. His 14/6.5/3 with a 3 and a Block is enticing and he seems to be capable of reaching that in 28-30 mpg. Surely the Celtics wouldn't be publicly announcing he is getting 30+ minutes per night if they had any longer term concerns about his health. 

Do you think that the current Celtics situation with the supposed chemistry issues helps him? Could force him into a bigger role as a leader IMO

Horford is probably the highest IQ guy they have, so there’s incentive to keep him on the floor to communicate with the team on plays and rotations. 

But they won’t push him if they can afford not to imho.

To your point, if the Celtics didn’t feel confident in his health they wouldn’t announce that he was good to go for 30+ mins. Plus he played that much today, so they made good on their word.

7 minutes ago, ovofnd said:

Horford is probably the highest IQ guy they have, so there’s incentive to keep him on the floor to communicate with the team on plays and rotations. 

But they won’t push him if they can afford not to imho.

To your point, if the Celtics didn’t feel confident in his health they wouldn’t announce that he was good to go for 30+ mins. Plus he played that much today, so they made good on their word.

Yeah I think the fact he played 30 mins the first game after that announcement is a good sign. I do like his high-floor and efficiency. Horford owner sent me a Horford for Boogie trade which I think represents good value for me and minimises risk greatly.

happy that i sold high on Nance and nabbed Horford, hopefully his scoring and FG% gets better though...

Boston were blown out by HT, so he sat most of the second half.

Edited by DamoESP

1 hour ago, DamoESP said:

Boston were blown out by HT, so he sat most of the second half.

Thanks, though it’s unlike Stevens to give up that easily. Guess they just wanted to rest him for TOR

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Thanks, though it’s unlike Stevens to give up that easily. Guess they just wanted to rest him for TOR

They were down by 28 at one point and looked nowhere near it....the final margin of 7 points really flattered Boston.

But yeah, no use risking Horford when they have TOR and then a B2B coming up.