kawaiileonard

Marvin Williams 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Super boring guy to own, but really valuable to have. 

Every league I'm in slept on him, but he's worth a flier late to see if he can return to form now that Dwight is gone. First game was encouraging. 

• Like 1

Put up a monster line tonight, it was the Hawks but seemed like he remembered how to play basketball again. 

• Like 1

Put up another good line. Surprised no one is talking about him. What are peoples thoughts ROS?

I don't really trust him but he has gotten 31, 36 and 37 minutes the last three games.

3 minutes ago, gymchamp said:

Put up another good line. Surprised no one is talking about him. What are peoples thoughts ROS?

I don't really trust him but he has gotten 31, 36 and 37 minutes the last three games.

MKG has been hurt, it's his first game back today and he played only 17mins. Not sure how the min split would look like once MKG is up to speed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, gymchamp said:

Surprised no one is talking about him...

...I don't really trust him

There's your reason.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roto4500 said:

There's your reason.

lol I think if he was gonna get these minutes ros season he'd be a good deep league add but ya I forgot that MKG has been hurt. Will have to see how his minutes play out over the next few games

51 minutes ago, MillsErving said:

thoughts?

Inconsistent as they come. You're as likely to get a dud on the next game as a repeat of this one. Hes been sitting on the wire in all my leagues, and every time he strings a couple nice lines in a row I'm like "ok, maybe now he's getting it together" Only to be followed by 2 or 3 straight duds to remind me why he's on the wire to begin with....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Do you want a worse P.J. Tucker?  That’s the best comp I can think of off the wire.  Marvin gets similar points and rebounds and less St3cks.  His value is tied to rebounds, mediocre St3cks, and turnovers in 9 cat.   Not many people are actively trying to win To even in 9 cat but if you’re doing so then maybe he has value.  Just be prepared for 6 rebounds and 1 steal with absolutely nothing else, 0 points, 0 blocks, 0 assists, and 0 TO.  That’s the line I got the first time I rostered him. I’m still rostering him as my 10th man,  because it’s 9 cat roto, and I am trying to win TO.  Buyer beware is all.

Edited by StifleTower2

On 12/9/2018 at 6:18 AM, StifleTower2 said:

Do you want a worse P.J. Tucker?  That’s the best comp I can think of off the wire.  Marvin gets similar points and rebounds and less St3cks.  His value is tied to rebounds, mediocre St3cks, and turnovers in 9 cat.   Not many people are actively trying to win To even in 9 cat but if you’re doing so then maybe he has value.  Just be prepared for 6 rebounds and 1 steal with absolutely nothing else, 0 points, 0 blocks, 0 assists, and 0 TO.  That’s the line I got the first time I rostered him. I’m still rostering him as my 10th man,  because it’s 9 cat roto, and I am trying to win TO.  Buyer beware is all.

He's a better PJ Tucker. The only edge Tucker has over him is STLS. Marvin gets you better %'s, more pts, blks, and even less turnovers.

4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

He's a better PJ Tucker. The only edge Tucker has over him is STLS. Marvin gets you better %'s, more pts, blks, and even less turnovers.

To me, they're both similarly craptastic!  :ph34r:

4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

You’re actually correct.  TUCKER has been s--- since I posted that and I actually dropped tucker for MarvWill.  Btw I like rostering these guys as my 10th man in 9 cat roto when the rest of my team is pretty good.  Provides relevant stats and helps win TO.  H2H might be a different story.

3 minutes ago, LuSamSiam said:

He's been great. Can he keep up 13/7 with 2+ threes?

13 points may be a lil high I'd say 10.5-12 points range, but his combination of Threes, Rebounds, Sprinkle of stocks, and low TOs are 9cat gold.

• Like 2

What's with the lack of minutes tonight? Thought he might have gotten injured with only 9 minutes in the first half. Kind of odd considering how many minutes he's been getting and how good he's been as of late

25 minutes ago, emperikal said:

What's with the lack of minutes tonight? Thought he might have gotten injured with only 9 minutes in the first half. Kind of odd considering how many minutes he's been getting and how good he's been as of late

Blowout and b2b CHA played an OT game last night, where Marvin played 35+